Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want to make Carbon Fiber for your benz!

Originally posted by Dan Rotigel
    Benzdude-

Yeah, I think i've been to stubenville once or twice actually, for a fair. Why?

Dr. AMG, KVNS- would either one of you be interested in trading the top cover of your old airbox for a CF one from me at cost? I'm in need of a plug to take a mold from, and don't want to pay MBZ for one.

cheers,
    dan
    Dan i'd be interested, but the thing is that I need my air box. I don't have one to spare, and my C43 is my everyday car. email me at djkev28@sbcglobal.net and maybe we can work something out. I may be storing the car for a while so I may be able to loan you mine in a month or two.

OG Moderator
    I will have my stock airbox.. actually entire intake from back of supercharger to the airbox!! to sell or donate to the cause if you are interested.. 1999 C230 Kompressor.. but not for a week or two, still making my custom intake for my car.. should be installing it next week.

and I have the crossover tube for the intake on a M104 (inline 6) if anyone is interested.. perfect condition.. never used.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

ok Dan be getting my E55 box. Just letting you guys know.
    2007 FJ Cuiser
    2003 E55 AMG

Question

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    I will have my stock airbox.. actually entire intake from back of supercharger to the airbox!! to sell or donate to the cause if you are interested.. 1999 C230 Kompressor.. but not for a week or two, still making my custom intake for my car.. should be installing it next week.

and I have the crossover tube for the intake on a M104 (inline 6) if anyone is interested.. perfect condition.. never used.

Do you know if that cross over tube is the same for a 97 C36? The plastic screw holes on mine have cracked. Made a stainless steel bracket to wrap around for reinforcement. Might be interested in it if it's the same. Hope that Dan can make a carbon fiber one as a replacement, would look awesome.....

OG Moderator
    Do you know if that cross over tube is the same for a 97 C36? The plastic screw holes on mine have cracked. Made a stainless steel bracket to wrap around for reinforcement. Might be interested in it if it's the same. Hope that Dan can make a carbon fiber one as a replacement, would look awesome.....
    Im pretty sure the C36 one is the same except for the fact it says 'C36" on the amg piece. the one I have for a regular M104 motor says nothing on the crossover.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    Im pretty sure the C36 one is the same except for the fact it says 'C36" on the amg piece. the one I have for a regular M104 motor says nothing on the crossover.
    The AMG one is diffrent, bigger for more air flow...
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

OG Moderator
    he AMG one is diffrent, bigger for more air flow..
    bigger by very much?..
    oh well.. so it will only work properly on the M104 non amg motors..

lol, im in no rush to tear my car apart. Just let me know when you need the parts. Not a big deal at all. This gives me time to get my beater sorted out.

Edit: P.S. Model's in the sig ^^;
    1997 Black C280 Sport
    AMG 15\" Alloys
    Blackout stock grille
    K&N Intake
    Remus Exhaust
    Brembo C/D rotors
    PBR Ultimate Ceramic pads
    H&R Sport Springs
    Bilstien Sport Shocks
    Custom boot lip spoiler
    Custom molded eyelids

Maya-good deal! I'll let you know. Saw the sig after I send the message...d'oh!

Slammed-drop me a note on my e-mail when you have the system off of your car, I might be interested.

Dr. AMG- I just replied to your e-mail.

Kvns-thanks for the offer man, Dr. AMG is sending me the airbox top.

cheers,

Dan Rotigel

are they going to make a carbon fiber motor cover for the 1996 4cyl? if so how much for it!

In Charge
    Originally posted by jstrat85
    are they going to make a carbon fiber motor cover for the 1996 4cyl? if so how much for it!
    I won't know how much untill I know how many buyers have signed up and I have the part in my hands to calculate material/cost.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

jstrat-

drop me an e-mail if you'd like to set up a group buy for a 4 cylinder engine cover. i'm doing some testing next week of materials for under-hood tempretures. if they work out well i'm sure i could put together a cover for you.

cheers,
    dan

Originally posted by MrSpace
    I could send you my airbox, I'm putting a cone air filter in it. but it's for C230k

Etienne
    I second this.
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport, 197
    The modding has started. Too many to list. Stay Tuned.

Question Carbon Fiber Air Box C36

jstrat-

drop me an e-mail if you'd like to set up a group buy for a 4 cylinder engine cover. i'm doing some testing next week of materials for under-hood tempretures. if they work out well i'm sure i could put together a cover for you.

cheers,
    dan
    :bunny:

Hi, Dan...any luck with a C36 air box cover yet? Haven't kept track of what's going on. Sure would look good under my hood in carbon fiber..waiting patiently.....

Aloha

Originally posted by kauaiC36AMG

Yea they are notorious for breaking. I dont have a single clip left on mine so its just got that red paste and a few jerry rigged things ive done keeping it in place. It would be nice to get something aluminum and heat resistant or carbon fiber, painted etc, anything but the plain jane black. If this is the same intake project i remember seeing i am VERY much interested in finding out more and purchasing it also. I just dont have the time anymore to do anything that nice. You know what they say.. "work before play".
    => 1995 C36 AMG ::

any chance engine parts for c280 i6 will be made?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

yo, your FormMail.exe CGI program is broke on your website. What I would have sent you was:

Do you do Silver Carbon Fiber? (sorry if someone asked already and it was answered). Otherwise, I believe it can be painted... Would you recommend it?

I'm wondering about getting a CF hood and maybe CF fenders or trunk. What would each piece cost and how much weight would they save over the steel pieces.

..OH, almost forgot. 1998 C43 AMG.

Thanx,
    Steve

(you can either post here or PM me)

So what ever happend to this guy? And all this work he said he was going to do?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

did anyone actually get stuff from him?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Carbon fiber intake box, cross-over tube, engine covers would be nice mod but never heard anything after last contact. Guess he just abandoned the idea. Anybody hear anything else.....

he got a write up as member of the month too... lol, but would agree cf would be nice, would there be any weight savings compared to the plastic? better to keep out heat? or just for looks?

***C43***

Spring Master
    looking for a CF airbox heat shield

I would be down for a cf engine cover for my c280 V6, along with cf intake if possible.
    \'00 C280 Sport
    -Avantgarde Grill
    -Flat MB Hood Emblem
    -Crytsal Clear Corners
    -Tinted Windows
    -Debadged

I would like a cf ram intake system for an i6, engine cover, tubing, and hood/trunk, and maybe even fenders, depending if it had nice vents, but is this guy long gone or what? was this real cf the miltary kind with the many layers? or just market cf?

***C43***

Can't believe I read through this whole dang thread only to see that he hasn't replied in a year. Why do so many people pop up with these grand plans and then disappear?
    BTW: I'm gonna build turbo's for all 202's. They'll be almost free and will add 200 RWHP. Really. Just tell me if you're interested and then I'll start building
    \'92 190E 2.6
    \'99 C43
    \'00 E430 Sport