Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: integrating bose system?

integrating bose system?

I wan to put a box in my trunk. I was looking at:

12" JL 12W0 subwoofer in a JL PowerEdge spec sealed box.
    JVC KS-AX4700 250w RMS bridged, 560w Max

Is it possible to use this with the stock bose set up?
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

I installed a sub with my Bose system in my 2000 C-280. I tapped off the two rear deck speakers and ran them to the HIGH level input on the power amplifier. I grabbed the REMOTE ON off of the existing bose amplifier to turn on the amp. The color of the cable I used for the REMOTE ON was blue/white located next to the +12v and GND wires on the connector.

The two rear deck speakers, at least on my car, were already crossed over for low frequency

-B-

Thanks man..so you bascially by passed the whole bose amp? you not using it?
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    W210 mirrors

No, I did not bypass the amp at all. I just paralleled off of the two rear deck speakers to feed my new amplifier. As for the REMOTE ON, I just spliced into the REMOTE ON going to the Bose amplifier to turn on the new amplifier.

The only thing the new amplifier is powering is my sub. The Bose system is still completly intact. I just wanted some extra low end.

-B-

Thanks C-Town, that's exactly what I want to do. Just add some low bass.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the stock AMP?
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    W210 mirrors

kameraguy showed us his beat this past weekend. I thunk he is running a sub w/ amp along with his stock stuff.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Actually in my case the bose amp is out of the pic completely. I'm using the stock speakers, but with a new 5 ch amp for all speakers + the sub.

Originally posted by kameraguy
    Actually in my case the bose amp is out of the pic completely. I'm using the stock speakers, but with a new 5 ch amp for all speakers + the sub.
    So how does it sound, stock speakers, running from a higher wattage amp?
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

I find the stock speakers are quite good with the newer amp. As you recall nokia, when you installed my first Alpine HU, there was an increase in sound quality....most likely from the HU. Now that i'm using a new Alpine HU and amp, I notice a further increase in sound quality.

The mids and highs are much more clear, and the bass is of course more defined (read: actually there).

I think the HU made the most significant increase in sound quality, and the higher-power amp is able to drive the stock speakers better than the bose.

I'm by no means a car audiophile, and acknowledge my setup is not fancy and quite budget compared to other folk. But for me, it was a huge improvement over the OEM bose setup.

I think adding a sub to an existing OEM setup would be fine too. After a while I got used to and actually enjoyed the Bose system. I think it's alright. It is a decent all-around system. For classical and easy listening it sounds fine. For pop and rock, the much needed bass is probably the only complaint I had.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by Rocky
    Thanks C-Town, that's exactly what I want to do. Just add some low bass.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the stock AMP?
    You do not need a wiring diagram from a stock amp.

to run a subwoofer you need couples things:
    1. The sound signal (tap from rear deck speakers as high level input).
    2. Remote turn on lead (you can tap from the bose amplifier remote turn on - blue/white or antenna turn on lead-blue )
    3. Power wire (just get from the battery right away).

I got almost the same set up like Kameraguy. I'm still using all my stock speakers with a 4ch Kicker amp and a 2ch Kicker amp to ran my 2 10"JL sub open box. I've interchanged then with my 2 12" MTX sub and as Kam said no fancy quite budget compaired to other folks. If u are not in need of your trunk space then I guess you can customized you entire trunk with some nice blue lights.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

nvm
    2006 WRX Limited
    1998 C280

exactly what I want to do. I've been reading that there's no way to add an upgraded HU without rewiring the car and adding new speakers. Is this all BS? Apparently the Bose speakers are running on lower impedence (2 ohms?) vs. "normal" systems?

for those of you who have added subs to the stock system, do you find it to improve things overall? I've also read that adding subs to a stock bose system ruins the sound, since the whole thing was "custom designed" for the car interior and because those 2 speakers on the rear deck are already subs anyway.

what do you all think?

Originally posted by pnsji
    You do not need a wiring diagram from a stock amp.

to run a subwoofer you need couples things:
    1. The sound signal (tap from rear deck speakers as high level input).
    2. Remote turn on lead (you can tap from the bose amplifier remote turn on - blue/white or antenna turn on lead-blue )
    3. Power wire (just get from the battery right away).
    can you explain step 1? do you run 2 wires from each of the deck speakers or just 2 wires from one of the deck speakers for a signal?

Originally posted by KenzBenz
    can you explain step 1? do you run 2 wires from each of the deck speakers or just 2 wires from one of the deck speakers for a signal?

yo where you get those rims from are they from delisi2322 get back to me

any clarification on that step?

anyone? and how do you convert to high level input? like make the wires into rca ends?

i'm pretty sure you can use a converter for the rca's

still wondering which speaker(s) to tap for the subs and where to tap it/them. Can this be done at the amp?

hey unhookt, i think maybe you can just tape into the stock wiring harness by the deck. i think theres a left and right rear speaker wire, + and -. so get rca ends and tap into those. im going to try that today maybe.

any luck?

well i gave up at the moment because i didnt have my aftermarket harness with me to compare to, to see which wires were the rear deck speakers...oh does anyone know which wires are for the rear speakers?

in the diagram in B, these are for the speakers on the door, so where are the ones for the rear deck speakers?

OG Moderator