Thread: w210 mirrors?

w210 mirrors?

hi there guys i need help with my w210 mirrors. if i were to soter the pins wich pin goes with wich pin?

you see i read that before and it doesnt solve my problem! i have these mirrors in my back seat now for at least 3 months and i cant put them on because of the plugs! i want to put them on so bad and i cant because i dont know what else to do!

Im not sure I follow you post. You have have 210 mirrors with I figure a 210 connector and you want to attach it to your car?

If that is what you have and you want a plug and play deal an easy way is to take apart both 202 mirrors and 210 mirrors and swap the wire harness. The only 2 things you will need to add is the blinking part.

You can swap out just the female/male plugs but it has been ages since I did this swap that I cant recall the pin outs.

edit: I searched the site and on one of your post about this rizal2510 posted the pin outs

Here

And it looks like den posted the same article where I mentioned just to swap the wires.

If this is not enough information for you please post in detail where you are getting stuck at and I will try my best to help you. Also take apart the 210 cover and see the wires... usally its best to see where the wires go intead of looking at the head connector.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

nokia thank you so much for your time i will take it apart and see what i can do! it sounds like brain surgery! lol

Originally posted by jstrat85
    i have these mirrors in my back seat now for at least 3 months and i cant put them on because of the plugs! i want to put them on so bad and i cant because i dont know what else to do!
    I have heard that some people sell these blinking 210 mirrors with 202 connectors on it already...kind of plug and play...would have saved you 3 months...

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

Originally posted by MBenzNL
    I have heard that some people sell these blinking 210 mirrors with 202 connectors on it already...kind of plug and play...would have saved you 3 months...

greetingz,
    I too have seen this rumor on the internet!
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

steve i regret it that i didnt buy it off of you!!!

hi nokia thank you for your help i took apart my 202 mirrors and the 210 mirrors and i swiped the wire harness. the only problem i have now is what can i do with the blinking wire??? were does that go? thank you !

john

check out the featured story article on installing the 210 mirrors. It discuss where to get the signal wires from.

Glad youre able to do the swap.

HI NOKIA AM I GOING TO NEED A W210 WIRRING HARNESS TO MAKE THEM BLINK?

NO YOU JUST NEED EXTRA WIRE TO TAP INTO THE TURN SIGNAL WIRES FOUND IN YOUR WIRE LOOM AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR DOOR.

what about the other wire thats a plug were does that go?

That is for dimming. If you have dimming mirrors then that is the plug you will use.

There are also pin layouts in this thread:

Post by Mr.Space

i got that one allready im talking about the blinker one that conects to the cover on the inside.

You need to remove the door sill and kick panel to access the wire loom beneath the carpet. There you will need a multi meter to find out which wires are for your signal. There is one for each side.

On the folding mirror thread I point out which wires it is on a MY1995 and how you can narrow down which wire it is by looking at your rear tail light harness. It maybe the same for your car but the only way to find out is to get a test light or multimeter.

Once you find the wire just tap right into it. Its the same concept as hooking up sidemarkers (this ofcourse is moot if you never hooked up sidemarkers before).

Home stretch buddy.

lol wow! so the one that i should be looking out for is the Black/White and Black/Green wires for the blinking portion? my car is a 1996 i think it should be the same? right??

only way to find out is with a testlight/multimeter.

rounding 3rd

OG Moderator
    as a decent DIY
    you should be able to find the wiring for the blinker pretty quickly.
    As Nokia mentioned use a multimeter to find the correct wiring.

after all it's not a rocket science, you just have to know where to look for the wiring -- as Nokia have pointed out as well. (just to get creative sometime when you don't have all the parts

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

i looked in my rear tail lights yesterday and the colors are different! dam it! but i went and got wire to tap in them, but one more question. the wire that plugs in on the cover has to wires attached. if i take those two wires and make it going in to one would that be ok? or should i just do 2 difernt kind of wires? i hope you can understand what im trying yo say!

Originally posted by jstrat85
    i hope you can understand what im trying yo say!

lol i will try to take some pics of it.