Thread: Door Mirror Cover Came of

Door Mirror Cover Came of

I had some body and paint work done last week and i was waxing my car yesterday and i pressed on the outer mirror cover on the passanger side and the plastic part came off? how do i put it back on correctly ?

There is a rather large metal C clip that holds the cover to the main assembly. Push the cover back on and fold the assembly to the rear and lock the C clip to the tabs.

Its the same proceedure as post that reffer to removing the cover to install other mirrors.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

same thing happen to me today to my driver side mirror...

1. there isnt a "C" clip on my driver side, but its on passenger side and i know exactly what it looks like...& its not there

i got it on but its not sitting right...any suggestion how to get it back off to adjust it correctly

2. i think some1 f' up my psngr mirror too...its floppin back and forth when i gas & brake like a dead limb...its the hook piece that attatches to the spring, it broke so if any1 has the part # for the piece thats directly screwed to the car i would be grateful
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

It clips on some how, i had my whole mirror assembly practically brake off when someone on a motorcycle ran into it trying to escape traffic. it should pop back into place, unless the clip is busted. Take a look at the feel for your other mirror to get it right.
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport, 197
    The modding has started. Too many to list. Stay Tuned.