Thread: Exhaust Cut-Out

Exhaust Cut-Out

Hey, I'm getting an AMG exhaust, will it clear my stock 2000 C230k bumper (has the little under-valances on left and right sides), or do I have to fabricate something or buy the AMG bumper?

-Ray

If you want to have the built in look you will need to cut it. No need to buy a new bumper for it unless youre looking to change the style of it.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Originally posted by nokia8860
    If you want to have the built in look you will need to cut it. No need to buy a new bumper for it unless youre looking to change the style of it.
    I can't really picture an assymetrical cutout on this bumper. I'm sure you know what the 2000 valance looks like. I think it might look funny with a cut.

As blasphemous as it sounds, I wonder if it would just be better to go sleeper and chop the AMG tips.

-Ray

If you chop the AMG tips, then why buy an AMG muffler?

Originally posted by VIP_MBZ
    I can't really picture an assymetrical cutout on this bumper. I'm sure you know what the 2000 valance looks like. I think it might look funny with a cut.

-Ray
    I know what you mean. You could always a muffler on each side then
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Originally posted by Kswiss
    If you chop the AMG tips, then why buy an AMG muffler?
    I'm more interested in the performance gain from the AMG cat-back system (which is about 1/2-1" larger diameter to my understanding), which is a better sounding and better tuned alternative to a custom system. The AMG look is nice, but if it looks tacky with the stock bumper, then I may end up losing the tips.

-Ray