Thread: Brake Rotors

Brake Rotors

My brake rotors need to be replaced and I want to replace them with aftermarket rotors. The OEM brake rotors for the C36 are too expensive. Anyone have any suggestions as to where or who I can contact to get decent brake rotor replacements for my 1995 C36?
    Thanks.

In Charge
    Oh man, there are a ton too choose from. Personally, I want to go to Brembo rotors, but there are other alternatives. KVR, Stoptech are a few I know of off hand. You do have many choices, but you will get what you pay for.

Good luck,

DLS
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Go with OEM or Brembo. They are pricy but they're worth every penny. It's what stops your car, heh.

In Charge
    Brabus:

Do you know of a good place for Brembo rotors? I was quoted $400 for fronts and I think that is kinda high.

DLS
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

What kind of price range are you looking at? Based on that I will give you what I think are some good choices.

Also, What are the diameter of your rotors?

Brembo, Coleman, Brakeman, Stoptech, AP and others.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Thanks for the feedback.
    I just got off the phone with Mercedes and they want $400 for the front rotors and $120 for the rear rotors.
    That's $520 just for the rotors with no labor.
    Anyone hear of www.irotors.com ?
    They are offering me a complete set for $299.
    Anyone know if www.irotors.com products are any good?

My front brakes are a 4-piston caliper 12.75" disc.
    The rears are a 2-piston caliper 11.5" disc.

Well, i just ordered all 4 rotors, brake pads front and back from www.irotors.com and i should be getting them witin this week, so i will have a update on that.

MBATF,
    Please give us your review of the "irotors.com" products after you get them installed and let us know how you like the quality. Maybe post some pictures too.
    Thanks.

Yes i will

Brabus!!!, are we still gonna have a tech section for installing my rotors and pads at your place???????????

Recived the rotors and pads today from www.irotors.com!!!!! the rotors looks great! $450 toatl including Zinc plating and shipping! pic soon!