Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C43: 1/4 Mile Times/weight Reduction/maintenance, New Owner with TONS of questions

Originally posted by coolcarlskic43
    LOL! Ugly but functional.I could imagine that the car felt a whole lot better. I have the same idea in mind but I think I'd like to do a dual ram with aluminum powder coated piping.Then I'll either polish the intake mani or just ceramic coat it.
    I plan to at least paint it black for now. Eventually I probablly will have someone create an all aluminum version of the exact same thing.

Once it gets warmer I will hand polish the intake mani.

Took a freeway trip with the car and holy crap does it feel different. I generally make an intake like this for every vehicle I have and it has never made this big of a difference. $10 in parts and a filter I had on hand... I can't complain.
    -Brandon Drew-
    Founder: http://www.brewcitymuscle.com
    Where the fastest in Wisconsin come to play.

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/ .... nice! We're lucky to have ya in the W202 community. :classic: ...I can't figure out which forum topic there the W202's can be discussed in however ...

Originally posted by 98c43amg
    http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/ .... nice! We're lucky to have ya in the W202 community. :classic: ...I can't figure out which forum topic there the W202's can be discussed in however ...
    Thanks! I started BCM back when I had a Z28 and thought i'd never go near an imported vehicle.

umm if that is PCV plumbing pipe.. that stuff is really poisonious.. the heat from the engine gives off deadly fumes.. thats why you NEVER see people using that stuff lol..

altho I dont know if the engine will get it hot enough to melt... but I wouldnt chance it

Originally posted by alphanumeric
    umm if that is PCV plumbing pipe.. that stuff is really poisonious.. the heat from the engine gives off deadly fumes.. thats why you NEVER see people using that stuff lol..

altho I dont know if the engine will get it hot enough to melt... but I wouldnt chance it
    Ive done it on roughly 10 vehicles and it has never melted. I'm a bit strange, but not dead yet

Originally posted by MoreTorque99
    Thanks! I started BCM back when I had a Z28 and thought i'd never go near an imported vehicle.
    ...if the C43 only had a manual like those F bodies... :dispoint: (I'll be try'n hard real soon to see if I can mate it to either a Getrag 226 or older S6S 420G )

Originally posted by 98c43amg
    ...if the C43 only had a manual like those F bodies... :dispoint: (I'll be try'n hard real soon to see if I can mate it to either a Getrag 226 or older S6S 420G )
    I had a race built 4L60E auto in my Z28 with a SuperYank 3500 stall... I love autos It clicked off a few 1.5 60' times

Originally posted by MoreTorque99
    I had a race built 4L60E auto in my Z28 with a SuperYank 3500 stall... I love autos It clicked off a few 1.5 60' times
    Nice. I understand the benefits on the 1/4 mile track when you're only in a gear for a second or @ the most two ... but when I had my SLK 320 6-spd -- regardless of how crappy that gearbox was -- the car was still so much more engaging to drive around, especially when there weren't pesky slow-pokes in front of me. Same with my Jeep. I figure a 5.5L motor + manual in my C43 should finally shut me up (tho the wife still says it won't make me happy; nothing can )