Thread: 97-00 headlight different than 94-96?

97-00 headlight different than 94-96?

well we order a new headlight and it was claimed to be a 97-00, i figured it was the same. but it ended up being quite different. i mean it looks alot nice teh beam is definitely stronger/brighter but the fitment is off alittle, whats the deal? why are they different? i dont notice any shape difference on the 94-96 and 97-00s. some one wanna clue me in?
    Listen to SAOSIN, new song \"Bury Your Head\", GET EMERSED. Click Below

yeah the internals of the two lights are different, and the lens is also glass on the 97+, whereas the previous ones were plastic. the filament is different because the 94-96 used h4 dual filament bulbs, and the 97+ used h7 single filament bulbs for the low beam and high beam. the high beam and upper fog light are located on totally different parts of the headlight between the two different versions.

i have a perfect set of '96 headlights sitting the the box that i will sell you if you are interested in having matching headlights on both sides. im sure you know how expensive they are to buy new. email me if youre interested: afourgasm@hotmail.com

You could see it, try check it out at www.mercedesshop.com