Thread: Blinking mirror covers!! Help from u please

Question Blinking mirror covers!! Help from u please

Hey folks

I know there has been way to many threads on blinking mirrors but i have a few questions.

After reading countless threads on mirrors i have a question on which wires i tapp into for the blinking feature and how i take off the mirror cover.

Okay on the blinking mirrors i bought i have 2 colored wires a RED and BLACK. I know the black is earth and the red is power so what do i tap it into? Do i tapp into the wires that are under the door sill? Does anyone know what color the blinking wires are? I dont have a mulitmeter. Also are there wires running on both the drivers and passengers sides sills or do are the wires all on one side?

And how does the cover come off of the mirror? Its some kind of trangle clip but i dont know how it snaps off.

Any input is much appreciated!!

jnolte
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

as far as I know, since you want the mirrors to blink when the turn signal is on, then you should wire it to the turn signal.
    can you post some pics of the covers and the clip that you mentioned?

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

if you see the triangle clip, in the center of it theres a little square hole. if your pushing the mirror in towards the door you would use a flathead screwdriver and push down or forward on the clip. i think it might be easier if you stand in front of the mirror and push it towards the front of the car and you'll see the clip better then push it down towards you. i dont know if that make sense or not...but thats how you do it. for the tapping, if you dont have a voltmeter you'll have to find out what color your blinking wire is, i have no idea what color urs is but if you do know. look under the door sills because its there. you'll have to do this on both driver and passenger side.

Okay now how do i tapp parasite wite into the host?. Do i use one of those connectors like if i was hard wiring a radar detector?

I know somebody has hooked up mirrors to a 1998+, i just need to know what color wire i need.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

you could cut them and solder it all together or you can use those blue tap in thingys you can buy at radio shack. im not exactly sure what they are called i just know what they look like. its like clips sorta..

on the drivers side you tap a black-white wire located behind the kick pannel directly below the mirror as for ground i ran mine to the ground terminal behind the instrument cluster, i will tackel the other side as soon as my back orded pins and plug housing come in from germany. i successfully found the correct e class pins and plug to match the one on the mirror for a plug and play install, good luck you can either solder or use a quick tapper to get your blinking wire connected

just give yourself plenty of time to put the covers back on if you plan on driving the same day. i'm retarded so it took me around 4 hours to complete everything.

Originally posted by solodough
    just give yourself plenty of time to put the covers back on if you plan on driving the same day. i'm retarded so it took me around 4 hours to complete everything.
    solodough what year is your car?

did you have a RED and BLACK wire?

what did you tapp them into?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

Originally posted by Dr.Drew
    on the drivers side you tap a black-white wire located behind the kick pannel directly below the mirror as for ground i ran mine to the ground terminal behind the instrument cluster, i will tackel the other side as soon as my back orded pins and plug housing come in from germany. i successfully found the correct e class pins and plug to match the one on the mirror for a plug and play install, good luck you can either solder or use a quick tapper to get your blinking wire connected
    sir what year is your car?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

my car is a 1997, on my blinking mirrors the wire colours are as follows from 1 to 7

1 black red
    2 brown gray

3 white
    4 gray
    5 black

6 black white
    7 brown

1-2 are for heated feature, is there a button in the car or is the heated feature on all the time ?

3-5 are for the movement of the mirror

6-7 are the blinking

blinking wires:
    black/white on the driver side...check for blinking power first and then
    splice into it
    black/green on the pass side...same here

same as above. wiring is the easy part: getting the covers back on without smashing your fingers is a b!tch.

Well im getting my mirrors painted, im gunna install them this weekend, i also need to install my tint strips from tinter, while i have the door panel off.

So all i gotta do is, take off door card, take off cover, wire it to the kick panel where i should find the correct colored wires as stated by Dr.Drew and splice into it.

sounds pretty easy, if i run into drama, i know where to run!

i love the club202
    thanks

BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

update?

Ive seen some sets on ebay for relatively cheap. POssible to mod these for my car? Not sure if id really want to though.
    => 1995 C36 AMG ::

Originally posted by KenzBenz
    update?
    got one side to work, doin the other side when i have time.

Directions were just fine

its easy once you know whats goin on

thanks!
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition