Thread: w202 cup holder

w202 cup holder

Is it me or is the OEM cup holder sucks big time? I broke mine the other day, the arm that swings out came completely off. Is there a good aftermarket cupholder out there for the c280? For now, I just stick my coffee in the hole where the cup holder used to me, it just looks bad.

my cupholder hasn't broken completely like yours, but everytime i try to take my drink out of the cup holder, the whole cup holder will come out with the drink -_-.

even when it was working, it was flimsy at best. Why don't they just put a hole in the center console and be done with? I have a luxury car and no cup holder, how did that happened?

Originally posted by c280_ep
    even when it was working, it was flimsy at best. Why don't they just put a hole in the center console and be done with? I have a luxury car and no cup holder, how did that happened?
    because its german . Its illegal to eat/drink and drive in germany thus no need for cup holders. Tehy just put some in for us lazy american

In Charge
    In my 94 C280, there was just a hole in the cup holder cubby. Actually, it was a plastic piece that can be removed, but it did hold a certain size cup.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Thumbs up

yeah, i dont even use that thing. im too scared of drinks falling out and getting my car all sticky and gross.
    00 C230 kompressor sport
    ------------------------------------------------
    flat hood badge
    club202 stickers
    clear corners
    shaved badges
    alpine head unit w/ipod adapter
    painted calipers (red)
    K&N drop in filter
    HID\'s

comming soon
    ------------------------------------------------
    h&r lowering springs
    K&N custom intake
    tint
    2 12\" JL W3\'s
    rieger body kit
    rims undecided

If you think the C class cupholder is bad, you should see how useless the Audi B5 S4 cupholders are. Such a waste of space.

Dave

94 c 280 didnt have a cup holder or even that little bracket in that center consol thing, it just went in and under the shifter area!! so i got my mate whos an car deatiler at the local merc dealership to 'find' one for me! lol but yeah its useless! after my time working in fast food, in drive thru i found that early 90's subarus have the best system! ahah wat a useless item of info!