Thread: Diminished value compensation from insurance

In Charge

Exclamation Diminished value compensation from insurance

Hey all:

Not sure how many of you know about diminished value compensation (I just discovered it), but here is the lowdown.

Depending on you state's laws and insurance company, if your car is damaged and repaired you may be entitled to compensation for the loss in value of your car. Basically, they calculate the difference of the before accident value and after accident value.

I just learned in WA state that the gov't ruled that compensation is part of the "total" insurance policy, and therefore should be allowed. Depending on circumstances.

Anyway, if you wanna find info on your state, search for "diminished value auto (your state)"

Here's a link I found from a local newcast:Click me
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Thanks for the link DLS. Does anyone have experience with this in California? I would like to know how it's handled in CA as my car was in an accident righ after I bought it, and have been pissed because of "diminished value" ever since. If there's a way to get involved with this, i'd be happier.

You have to check with the policy you carry with your insurance company.

But for chris youres does not cover this. Most insurance company will pay to replace or repair you vehicle but it will not exceed this cost. Meaning dont care about diminished value.

So read your insurance policy very carefully so that you too can be an informed customer and FIGHT BACK. *fight back jingle*
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Thank you Mr. Horwitz

Originally posted by kameraguy
    Thank you Mr. Horwitz
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Originally posted by kameraguy
    Thank you Mr. Horwitz
    oh man, I used to watch that show all the time!
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

what show?...too young, thank god!
    Benzes have style,
    Benzes have class,
    As soon as i get mine everyone will be kissing my ass,
    all of you are assholes making fun of my signature. now \"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!\" ,scarface.