Thread: nakamichi mb-VI

nakamichi mb-VI

Will the nakamichi MB-VI OR MB-X install like the cd400 or is it more difficult? Which is better? Does any one have one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...773318557&rd=1

http://www.nakamichi.com/home.html
    1995 C36 AMG
    Black is better than silver!

In Charge
    I just got one. I am not too sure about the similarity of installing this MB-VI vs. the CD400, but I used the How-to that Pnsji wrote as a guideline to help me with my install. It is very similar in certain ways, and it definitely helped that I had some sort of reference (as well as my numerous emails to other Member's).

I've had in in for a few days, and here is my take so far:

Install was not too bad. There is alot of stuff going on there, so making sure you are wiring up everything correctly is probably the hardest part. In addition, I had to use a line converter. I did the install without one and there was hissing and al sorts of distortion. Once I wired it in, sounds perfect!

Currently, my HU does not sit flush like the CD400 pics that I have seen in the How-to Thread. I am not sure if I missed something or not, I am waiting on a response. Though it does not look bad at all sticking out a bit.

Lastly, whenever you turn on the power to the HU, the HU lights go on. I was thinking it would have been the same as the OEM unit (the lights turn on when you turn on the driving lights), I am also waiting a response on those. I am not sure if the HU is supposed to behave that way or like the OEM unit.

My take on the MB-VI in general. Looks really nice in my car. Not too complicated looking, but has alot of little features compared to the OEM. Sound is excellent. I can crank it up and the music is clear. Contrary to what the manual says, my MB-VI will play burned Cd's. Also, the set up of the CD's is really cool, pretty trick stuff.

My only gripe (and it's a small one) is that the HU is noisy when switching from one CD to another. Guess I'm not too used to the sound. Also, takes a bit of time when changing from CD1 to CD6 due to the way the CD loading is set up.

In general, I think it is a nice aftermarket HU. Good quality, excellent look.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Im not following your post exactly but there are two things that might be going on with your lights. #1 there is a wire for the HU lights that you would wire to the driving lights to tell the head when to turn on its lights.... perhaps that wire is wired to power and as a result your lights come on all the time?

or

#2 there should be a setting for the lights in the head that you can program to tell it how you want the lights to act and possiblely a setting for intensity. at least that is the way it is with my nak heads I have installed in other cars.

If you are using a scosche adapter it should be tagged.

naks are not known for their ability to read burned cds. the newer decks are much better than their older decks. The quality of the burn plays a big difference in the heads ability to read. honestly, I think the web site means it cant read MP3s or wavs etc... cause it seems to have no issue with any burns I have made. I was very worried when I bought my 2nd nak deck that it wouldnt read burned disks since my first one (older one) skipped a lot.