Thread: bigger displacement..

bigger displacement..

How do I go about getting a bigger displacement out of a 2.3L?

increase bore? stroke? both?

Etienne
    I can resist everything except temptation

both would work, I think cklass and speedy benz were doing some sort of na build on his c220, not sure how that work out, but it was a great idea.

NA build and turbos seem to work best on c220
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

I think I'm gonna go on a bigger bore, it seems more simple to do and you need to increase way less to gain more volume

Etienne

I would not take it more than 3.3, 3 would be a safe bet
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

I'll probably stop before that, I need to measure the walls and such to see if there is enough material.

I want to have speedybenz help on this

Etienne

OG Moderator
    MKB offers a displacement kit for the M111 2.3L motor, it takes it to 2.5L.
    MKB
    scroll down to C 230 Kompr. - M111 2,3 l - 4V to 2,5 l - 4V.
    but you will lose boost as you increase displacement.. unless you get a different SC that can put out more boost!
    MKB clams 272hp with a 2.5L kit, intercooler and ECU adaptation. Im guessing thats on stock boost?
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    MKB
    but you will lose boost as you increase displacement.. unless you get a different SC that can put out more boost!
    I agree, but there is a solution to this problem:
    www.turbodyne.com their website doesnt say much about it, but I was at their booth at last year SEMA and it looks like a good product, especially useful for the turbo and centrifugal SC crowd.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    I would not take it more than 3.3, 3 would be a safe bet
    How do you come up with this number? have you done it yourself? of have you seen one doing this?

OG Moderator
    I agree with pnsji how do you know about this number...
    if you don't know the answer please refrain yourself from replying.

Anybody know, when money no object I could make anything out of my car, and we know that was not the intent of the question.

and ATTENTTION to those who thinks they're good and who think knows it all.

I can see the intention is good trying to help other member with their question or problem.

Lately I've seen a lot of post that seems to contains information but the credibility of the post content/information is questionable.

My ADVISE if you don't know 100% say so, dont' give any advise that you wouldn't do to your own car for start

the intent for this website is to provide a good and accurate information about modding our W202, not just some chatting site and talking what you think you know out of a rabbit hat

the more the false information you've given, I would recommend banning you from the site, I would prefer no information than misleading information at all.

I don't see any of us here is MB Master Tech.

I am not going to mention who you are, but you know who you are. I will continue to monitor this forum.

I don't value the member contribution from the number of post or reply, I value them from the number of good reliable information they provided.

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

With a 2.3L engine I would look at the crank journal diameter to see if it is larger than the Honda rod journal and if so you could grind the crank crank pins down to fit a Honda rod and pick up Displacement. If you can the bore the engine even better. So you could maybe go from 2.3 to 2.5 or 2.8????.

That would be tops. You cna pick up some boost by going to a little higher compression to make up for the loss in the Supercharger capacity to fill the cylinders with Air.

Also there could be some work left to do on the superchager outlet and inlet and this would increase the flow rates and the cylinder head would also fall under this same area for improvement.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Jeff, I think you'Re talking a lot with Nukblazi. He's feeding me some good informations.

I'm still hunting for a second engine to build.

Etienne

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    MKB
    MKB clams 272hp with a 2.5L kit, intercooler and ECU adaptation. Im guessing thats on stock boost?
    Any idea how much that complete kit goes for?

too much I called them a while back and they didn't have a shop in the states, meaning an engine would have to be sent over to germany, I was quoted for around 50-60k total, even the guy over the phone said don't bother with it, my best guess would be tws as they have a brabus tech working for them, or good ol speedy benz to do this, I always sort of hoped he would gladly help with an NA build or something along those lines, it would seem like something he would like to do....

***C43***