Originally posted by 98c43amg
Carl ... this has been a few days of extremes. I just went from total exuberance to "eh, it works".

Guess what ... I just got your message tonight. I was actually thinking the same thing. I didn't know you were too. Against my gut feeling though, I let Tonino do the reprogramming of my ECU (I couldn't be there), and guess what .... You got it! It lost all of its luster.

It's no longer a torque monster. There's a delay to movement of the foot pedal. And when it runs, it just doesn't run as hard ... It thinks about applying the torque while the RPM is rising, instead of being 100% on from the split second you punch the trottle. At least if it had the "locomotive" feeling in second I've been saying you car has ... but it doesn't have that either. At least a plus for you ... I =know= your car would take mine now if we ran them again...

I'm frig'n pissed! :angry:

I feel like a heal for not leaving well enought alone (my wife's say'n "you always gotta go one step too far... you can't leave well enought alone once you're happy") ... and I'm frigg'n pissed at myself that I didn't check my cell phone and listen to that message where you told me to hold off chip'n it until I do a dyno run first... because I was thinking the same thing and if I would have heard your message that would have settled it for me. I'd have held off. ....Frigg'n PISSED @ myself!

There's one thing I can hope for... That I ask Jeff to put my car on the Star Diagnosis System of his ; I'm willing to bet it's no longer on RON93. After he set is, I have high hopes that the car will go back to the way it was ... (also make'n the $800 spent on the Superchip'n a waste )
Steve this is what I would do.Ask Tonino to put your C43 file back in the ECU.Set it back to Ron 93 and then test drive it.If it still feels slow then that means the mass probably got screwed up by all the oil that was placed on the K&N filters.If the original C43 program and Ron 93 settings has the car feeling like the first night it was on the road,then the mass is fine and Tonino needs to get off his ass and check the files.If it's the same or similar file that I have now the car is supposed to run mean.I noticed it right away and so did you remember!