Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: birth of another C55

Originally posted by 98c43amg
    oh, that's news to me. I thought it was true dual all the way front to back. Thanx.
    Nope! Not after the pipes hit the resonator.

silver 1998 AMG c43 to C55 convert(293whp/307lbft TQ) ,1999 M3,1995 400 whp eagle Talon Tsi AWD,94 BMW 325i to M332i(M3)conversion

My call is that these two C55's are the heavy hitters of club202.

Like J Irwan said, you Cali guys (who have ruled this site so long) need to step up to the plate. Less show, more go. Think "high pressure forced induction." Its sort of affordable if you get a smaller (but qualified) shop to do it. I want to see a twin turbo'd C43 making at least 13psi (which I believe is very realistic and easy to do). If I had the money, as a college student, to turbo my old C220, one of you baller C43 guys has the money to do the same.

Originally posted by Under Pressure
    My call is that these two C55's are the heavy hitters of club202.

Like J Irwan said, you Cali guys (who have ruled this site so long) need to step up to the plate. Less show, more go.
    ahem,

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...&threadid=6948

hehe, nothing like a little East Coast/West Coast rivalry to keep things going
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Originally posted by Renn 208
    ahem,
    http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...&threadid=6948

hehe, nothing like a little East Coast/West Coast rivalry to keep things going
    Oh man ... a glimps of "Part II" ? ... YES! (tho I know that's not speedybenz in the 2nd pic; who is it?)

But don't forget, the West Coast master you're referring to is supplying this East Coaster with the goods... (and my motor came from the West Coast too)

Well we've got the fastest w202 C55 on the east coast(Donnie "benzmac" of MBautowerkes) and you guys have the best handling w202 C43(Jeff "Speedybenz").We have 3 W202 C55's and you guys have 1

silver 1998 AMG c43 to C55 convert(293whp/307lbft TQ) ,1999 M3,1995 400 whp eagle Talon Tsi AWD,94 BMW 325i to M332i(M3)conversion

Originally posted by coolcarlskic43
    Well we've got the fastest w202 C55 on the east coast(Donnie "benzmac" of MBautowerkes) and you guys have the best handling w202 C43(Jeff "Speedybenz").We have 3 W202 C55's and you guys have 1
    You guys can keep the 1/4 mile as long as we get to own all of the road courses
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Originally posted by Renn 208
    You guys can keep the 1/4 mile as long as we get to own all of the road courses
    I don't want to comment as that might risk my impending shipment from Jeff to get "lost in transit"... (speedybenz Jeff, not the Jeff that did the swap)

Originally posted by J Irwan
    With all the east coast club202'er having fun with the big displacement...

where are you west cost club202'er , you guys should start playing with high-boost on those 3.6L ....
    you know who you are

Regardz,
    Hmmmm...

Well, to be honest, if I had the spare cash, i'd strongly consider the 5,4 motor swap....or even a 4,3 swap since those engines are getting pulled out like they are out of style

....but IF I had the spare cash!!!

Actually....what IS happening to those 4,3 motors? How much do they go for?

Originally posted by kameraguy
    Actually....what IS happening to those 4,3 motors? How much do they go for?
    There's two of them sitting in a garage in Freeport NY (LI).

Click here for Carl's (almost 1500 views!)

I haven't listed mine yet, as I was considering giving the long-block to a fabricator to have him build me an adapter plate so I can mate the M113 engine to a Getrag S6S 420G or 226 tranni (6-speed tranni used on the BMW 5-series past and present) ... However Jeff (M., not speedybenz) has probably talked me out of it. I need to spend some time behind the wheel to decide.

Carl's engine is more complete. My engine will be sold as a bare long-block.

So when is someone going to build a C65?!?
    1993 ZX6E
    1996 C36
    1972 240Z
    1993 Bayliner 1750

The one who dies with the most toys wins!

Originally posted by NISMOPOWERED
    So when is someone going to build a C65?!?
    :werd: ...but it's not "plug & play" like the NA 5.4L swap.

Cool West Coast Still Rules

Lots of motor is a great thing if you can get the power to the ground. Look at the squareness and how flat those tires are to the pavement. The Chassis is were its at!! A fast motor at the track is a second or maybe two on the lap time, but keeping the tires all working evenly and the ability to carry more corner speed is the key to a really fast and consistant lap time.

By the way that is a Lotus Elise behind me that is very modded and although is car was slightly faster in a straight line I was smoking him on the brakes. Ha Ha Ha.

1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

OG Moderator

Re: West Coast Still Rules

Originally posted by speedybenz
    Lots of motor is a great thing if you can get the power to the ground. Look at the squareness and how flat those tires are to the pavement. The Chassis is were its at!! A fast motor at the track is a second or maybe two on the lap time, but keeping the tires all working evenly and the ability to carry more corner speed is the key to a really fast and consistant lap time.

By the way that is a Lotus Elise behind me that is very modded and although is car was slightly faster in a straight line I was smoking him on the brakes. Ha Ha Ha.

nice pic (btw I like your front grill )..

wow what is your front camber ? The photo looks mean...

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

In Charge

What a stance!!! :drool:
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Nice pic! By the way,what's the deal with the phenolic spacer's?Do you have any available to sell?

... I think you have a new homepage image to add the CFade Applet on speedybnz.com! ...oh, never mind, I see it's already there!

But you can have both... I was going to say yesterday that it'll now be your turn to come out here and check out my car ... but I realized, where you gunna drive it like you're used to?! ...plus, the car'll need some suspension work before that so as not to embarass itself!

I bet that Lotus owner is feaverishly working on that ride trying to correct for that embarassment.

BTW, how far do you drive for track meets?

Yes, Steve you can have both and I hope to see your car with both very soon. Penske should be here shortly and then all will be well in the Eatons Neck part of the World.

Just trying to heat up the East-West Competition

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Yes, Steve you can have both and I hope to see your car with both very soon. Penske should be here shortly and then all will be well in the Eatons Neck part of the World.
    oh ... bless your heart! Exactly what I needed to hear!
    Just trying to heat up the East-West Competition
    Jeff
    ya, but I know my place in the world... :cheek: as a man with a big gun who enjoyed having his day made once said "a man's got to know his limitations". Great hear'n from ya.

Watch this happen, I'm taking a 112 2.8, giving it some help and the 112 will make more useable whp than a 202 C55, and it will get better gas mileage. That's gonna heat things up alot wouldn't you agree?
    I like lumpy oatmeal.

Originally posted by Josh R
    Watch this happen, I'm taking a 112 2.8, giving it some help and the 112 will make more useable whp than a 202 C55, and it will get better gas mileage. That's gonna heat things up alot wouldn't you agree?
    Prove it!

search. think. do. post.

Originally posted by Josh R
    ... you mean like overheat the heads, burn the gaskets and overload the cooling system ... yes I agree. :rambo:

Carl ... this has been a few days of extremes. I just went from total exuberance to "eh, it works".

Guess what ... I just got your message tonight. I was actually thinking the same thing. I didn't know you were too. Against my gut feeling though, I let Tonino do the reprogramming of my ECU (I couldn't be there), and guess what .... You got it! It lost all of its luster.

It's no longer a torque monster. There's a delay to movement of the foot pedal. And when it runs, it just doesn't run as hard ... It thinks about applying the torque while the RPM is rising, instead of being 100% on from the split second you punch the trottle. At least if it had the "locomotive" feeling in second I've been saying you car has ... but it doesn't have that either. At least a plus for you ... I =know= your car would take mine now if we ran them again...

I'm frig'n pissed! :angry:

I feel like a heal for not leaving well enought alone (my wife's say'n "you always gotta go one step too far... you can't leave well enought alone once you're happy") ... and I'm frigg'n pissed at myself that I didn't check my cell phone and listen to that message where you told me to hold off chip'n it until I do a dyno run first... because I was thinking the same thing and if I would have heard your message that would have settled it for me. I'd have held off. ....Frigg'n PISSED @ myself!

There's one thing I can hope for... That I ask Jeff to put my car on the Star Diagnosis System of his ; I'm willing to bet it's no longer on RON93. After he set is, I have high hopes that the car will go back to the way it was ... (also make'n the $800 spent on the Superchip'n a waste )

on a positive note, the new motor mounts fixes a whole lot'a weird things my car was doin... I'm going to post a new topic on the subject.

PIX ARE UP!

I didn't take pix of the motor going in because it's basically the same as it coming out, just in reverse!

Those are incredible pix. I was always wondering what the internals looked like. I owe you for the education.