Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refridgerator, gay or not gay?

Refridgerator, gay or not gay?

Ok, don't hold back. I am going out on a limb on this one. But would it be gay if one removed the rear armrest and put a small 12 volt slimline fridge to hold a bunch of Red Bulls
    and Gray Pupon and shit ? (jk, regarding the mustard)

I was thinking of a wood finish front just like the stock simulated woodgrain on the console, and it would be recessed with where the armrest was. The rear would only take a bit of real estate from your trunk space. It would look sooo OEM if one did it right you know. I think it would be so trick to have the ability to pop open a cold ass Red Bull from the small fridge in your rear passenger area.

Hell people put PS2's and Plasmas and DVD's in all the time. Why the hell not?

If it's retarded just say. It's late and I get weird at night, lol.

Dude if you get it to work, I will so do it. I think that is an awesome idea, it would give cold beers!!! Do they make fridges that small?
    \"Children in the front seat can cause accidents, accidents in the back seat can cause children!\"

CKlasse
    VW passat's glove compartment is a cooler... it has a valved opening from the A/C blower. Not quite a fridge..but enough for cold beers! Also check out VW camper's mini fridge. It draw power from 12v source.

Cklasse,

your fricken new banner is so distracting. (in a good way) I feel like I am 12 years old trying to watch Cinemax afterdark trying to view some poon through all the jagged scrabled lines of the tele...

Cklasse,

I will have to check out the VW fridge. You got any links?

Saw a few things on the net. you would have to fabricate the shit out of something. Atleast the door would have to be skinny or something radical would have to be made. My worry is that I would want my sodas, Corona's, water, Red Bulls, etc cold as f_ck, not some briskly cool crap. I want to pull out that can out and have it freeze the shit out my nuts and thigh right at first hold while I am driving. Just the satisfaction of my "custom fake woodgrain door armrest fridge in my back cabin". I can taste it now... lol.

http://www.wonderfulbuys.com/portabl...976&PID=279014

Ok, what about the front armrest console? hell that might be sicker..

This could be a real "cool" project. No pun intented
    Yes it was.

You could just get a cooler...
    1995 Imperial Red C36 AMG
    1998 Brilliant Silver C43 AMG
    1999 Brilliant Silver C230 Kompressor with 5-speed manual

I bought one of those mini-fridges at Target for $30...comes with a car adapter too..hehe...hopefully it will fit...though you might have to make sure it has adequate space for ventilation. The fridge also can keep foods warm, though the warning sticker says you should consume the food within an hour.
    2006 xB - bubble tea mobile
    1984 AE86 SR5 - project levin
    1986 AE86 GTS - project trueno

I think its kamei that makes one for our cars that replaces the rear center arm rest. Try checking with RPI to see if they have it in their DW catalog.

But putting one in that looks stealth would kick ass. My question is what if you had stuff in there and you parked for a while wouldnt it drain your battery? I mean if you did it enough times.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

My question is what if you had stuff in there and you parked for a while wouldnt it drain your battery?
    This being a very good point, although that is not true. What you would need to do is get a power inverter to plug into, wire the inverter into your battery. Now most inverters have a switch on them that you can turn them off with. So, just turn it off when you leave your car. As for it being off when you leave your car and your food getting warm, that will not happen unless you leave the fridge unpowered for more then 12 hours or so. Think of it this way, as long as you keep the fridge door shut after you turn the car off all the cold air will stay in there, which can keep your beer cold for a really long time after being turned off. Now if you plan on keep opening and closing the door when the power is off then yes, everything in the fridge will go to waste. I think this fridge thing will work, I am going to try and custom fabricate something, see what I can do.
    \"Children in the front seat can cause accidents, accidents in the back seat can cause children!\"

A fridge in a car is really cool. I can see how it would come in handy for me these days.

Please let me know how you come up with the cooling for it.

They sell some really mini fridges at places like Costco. That should work if you could get it in and around there...

CKlasse
    Originally posted by nokia8860
    A fridge in a car is really cool. I can see how it would come in handy for me these days.

how's your A/C problem btw?

Originally posted by CKlasse
    how's your A/C problem btw?
    seems to work now. im hoping the car is self healing like dem ibm servers.

CKlasse
    Originally posted by nokia8860
    seems to work now. im hoping the car is self healing like dem ibm servers.
    LOL

What do you mean? Cooling for what? The fridge cools itself.

MB make one for W202 I have pics of one installed.... if you are interested lmk.

MB make one for W202 I have pics of one installed.... if you are interested lmk
    What do we got going here?

Originally posted by 98_Benzo
    What do you mean? Cooling for what? The fridge cools itself.
    oh i thought you were gonna prefabricate your own. not like buy a small one and figure out how to shove it in. my bad.

hence wanted to know what you would use for cooling.

OH, I see now, sorry my bad, no I was going to find a cheap little fridge that I could take apart and figure out the wiring and stuff and mounting. I see where you were coming from now. If I do come up with my own cooling device, it would be the cooling system from a fridge. I guess I could tear apart a little fridge and then figure out how to make my own casing to put the cooling system in, that's a good point!!! I don't know, I will play around with it though and see what I come up with.

In Charge
    A fridge would be dope as hell. If I spent alot of time in my car, I'd probably consider doing it.

A good spot would be the back armrest.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

MB make one for W202 I have pics of one installed.... if you are interested lmk.
    Koolvin,

Christ man. Please post that link bro..

I read my ass off regarding all that it would entail and it would
    be no easy project to fabricate something. A cooler
    would almost be better. But then I would worry about
    the water drainage and all this mess. I'll pass on that.
    But something that MB put out for the 202 is totally giving
    me a full wood.

M Benz makes a refregorator for the W202?// what the FRUCK???? THats the weirdest thing. What is that link Koolvin?? i wanna see that!!!
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Hey JNOLTE, your in Bellevue? What part of Bellevue? Are you by Factoria or Towards Redmond?

koolvin

where is that damn link?

CKlasse
    say the magic word!