Thread: My new Exhaust (vid + pics)

My new Exhaust (vid + pics)

Well I got a Magnaflow XL universal muffler and had a pipe custom made for a catback system. I feel quite a bit of extra power, it's most notable when merging onto the highway and flooring it. The car is now very loud, although not like a rice rocket. It sounds nice and deep in the low rpms, but once it climbs to 4000rpm the sound gets a bit raspy. It has a nice low tone grumble when idling and cruising around at city speeds.

Let me know what you guys think! I'm looking to lower the car next

Right click save-as (turn up your volume too!): http://razorwire.nrgservers.net/MOV01169.MPG

Looks nice. Baffled? Straight through?

i like it cause you have a video haha...but it does get pretty raspy...not my type of thing on a benz but it looks nice

good thing you didnt get pulled over for a rolling stop! lol well atleast you signaled!
    744 CULT!

I believe the muffler is baffled, or else it would be quite a bit louder.
    There aren't usually cops around that area, which is why I chose to do it there. The car actually doesn't sound THAT raspy in real life, but the microphone on my digital camera makes it sound worse. I even had my friend drive the car back and forth past me to get a better idea of what it's like

to loud for my taste, but nice.....

I like it...It reminds me of my old Porsche 914. Same tone of sound. Did you cut the bumper a little to fit the tips better?

I didn't need to cut the bumper. The stock bumper already has a small groove so it fits perfectly! I could always make a video of me cruising around at a normal pace so you could hear the sound, but that would be boring. I would say it's just a tad louder than my neighbour's c32 when driving at city speeds.

I like it this way, if i want some loudness and be obnoxious I can just step on it, but if I want to stay subtle, I just have to drive legally

Originally posted by wes
    I believe the muffler is baffled, or else it would be quite a bit louder.
    yep, baffles and chambers ... see the graphic of the XL style muffler.

Nice looking muffler! Who makes that?

silver 1998 AMG c43 to C55 convert(293whp/307lbft TQ) ,1999 M3,1995 400 whp eagle Talon Tsi AWD,94 BMW 325i to M332i(M3)conversion

Re: My new Exhaust (vid + pics)

Originally posted by wes
    Well I got a Magnaflow XL universal muffler and had a pipe custom made for a catback system. I feel quite a bit of extra power, it's most notable when merging onto the highway and flooring it. The car is now very loud, although not like a rice rocket. It sounds nice and deep in the low rpms, but once it climbs to 4000rpm the sound gets a bit raspy. It has a nice low tone grumble when idling and cruising around at city speeds.

Let me know what you guys think! I'm looking to lower the car next

Right click save-as (turn up your volume too!): http://razorwire.nrgservers.net/MOV01169.MPG

silver 1998 AMG c43 to C55 convert(293whp/307lbft TQ) ,1999 M3,1995 400 whp eagle Talon Tsi AWD,94 BMW 325i to M332i(M3)conversion

Originally posted by coolcarlskic43
    Nice looking muffler! Who makes that?
    Click my link above yours.

Originally posted by 98c43amg
    Click my link above yours.
    It sounds good but still a lil loud!

It looks great, but it sounds kind of like a fart can to me.
    2000 C230K Sport
    - Clear Corners

That exhaust is nice....

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /MOV01169.MPG on this server.