Thread: Steel Carter Plate?

Steel Carter Plate?

Can someone provide me the part number for this piece? Thanks!

I'm not sure if that was available in the US. The only number I can dig up is for the stock on 202 524 04 30
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

those partnumbers are listed somewhere on my website...

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

the coolest thing was the parts guy dragging the plate through the stealership showroom

You can get all the part numbers from <<<here>>> (page on Steve's site )

Not exactly cheap, but how much is a new engine if you bottom it out on something?

I've only heard the tell-tale *CLONG* once, that was enough to know that I needed the plate, it would have been *CRUNCH* without the plate there, and I have beach-buggy ride height!
    Shude

Thanks Steve!

202 524 001

Shude, how much was it for everything?

Originally posted by Brabus
    Shude, how much was it for everything?
    The actual steel plate is about $200 USD, the metal bracket is about $40 USD, the rest of the bits are literally a few cents. For some reason these prices seem a little inflated, I think this is because the pound is strong against the US dollar at the moment, don't be surprised if the prices are cheaper than those I just gave you
    Shude

Originally posted by Shude
    I've only heard the tell-tale *CLONG* once, that was enough to know that I needed the plate, it would have been *CRUNCH* without the plate there, and I have beach-buggy ride height!
    My plate is completely scratched...some scratches are DEEP...

It is a necessity in stoopid speedbumb-ed NL.

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

Is that a replacement for the 'el-cheapo' plastic one from the factory?????

Originally posted by Three Point 6
    Yep.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Originally posted by nokia8860
    Yep.
    Is it an easy do it yourself job without necessity to raise up the car?

Thanks

Originally posted by 1998K
    Is it an easy do it yourself job without necessity to raise up the car?

Thanks
    hehe i can barely fit my head underneath my car when it's jacked up, had to take it to a shop that i know to use their lift to change Oxygen sensor so can't even look underneath it w/out being lifted
    i'm sure stock height is not hard though
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

Originally posted by Eurosport
    hehe i can barely fit my head underneath my car when it's jacked up, had to take it to a shop that i know to use their lift to change Oxygen sensor so can't even look underneath it w/out being lifted
    i'm sure stock height is not hard though
    Work to be done before lowering.

I still haven't done this yet, but I don't think it's too necessary here in Cali...

Older MB's didn't have one at all. If you don't run over anything nasty, all it's really doing is acting like a splash guard. My engine compartment does stay relatively clean in mungy weather. I try not to off road my Benzes.
    moebiusgold
    \'95 C36

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by moebiusgold
    Older MB's didn't have one at all. If you don't run over anything nasty, all it's really doing is acting like a splash guard. My engine compartment does stay relatively clean in mungy weather. I try not to off road my Benzes.

This probably necessary if you live on the country side, orwhere there are alot of pot holes on the streets where you live..

My other cousin bought a E34 520i (M50 engine I-6) when they first came out (back in Indo).
    And within 3 weeks he passed some really bad road and finally something hit the engine oil pan and made a nasti hole.

Make long story short, he need new oil-pan and since the car was just released at the time, he had to wait 1 month for the part :S :S

suck, I guess if he had this metal "underbody" crater, his oil pan would have been alright

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

Originally posted by J Irwan
    This probably necessary if you live on the country side, orwhere there are alot of pot holes on the streets where you live..

My other cousin bought a E34 520i (M50 engine I-6) when they first came out (back in Indo).
    And within 3 weeks he passed some really bad road and finally something hit the engine oil pan and made a nasti hole.

Make long story short, he need new oil-pan and since the car was just released at the time, he had to wait 1 month for the part :S :S

suck, I guess if he had this metal "underbody" crater, his oil pan would have been alright

Regardz,
    This happened to my Nephew in indonesia too, he got a BMW E36 328 and i was sitting in the front seat, he was going pretty fast thru the streets i was telling him to slow down cuz there is crazy drivers there and many people walking on the streets (he dosent drive much he has a driver) well a motorcycle swerved infront of him and he lost control we went on a rough side shoulder and he hit his oil pan, Oil and smoke came rushing out everywhere, we had to take a little 3 wheeld motor buggy back, his father (my bro in law) wasent happy..
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Originally posted by Three Point 6
    exhuming this old tread, plase I'm asking that if the steel carter protection is really a full copy of the plastic one factory installed, as nokia8860 confirmed, is it possible, saving money to made a customized copy by myself (or may be to a hardware worker man), utilizing as sample the plastic shape.

Or may be the shape of the steel carter is wider to protect better.

...but if a mounting bar is included/necessary in the kit, something more is really request.

just wondering.

thanks guys

Anybody have the part number for the stock el cheapo plastic one?

i need a new one as mine is f'ed up

1998 C43 ( i dont know if this matters)
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

jnolte,

Part number 2025241330
    and you need four screws 2019900536
    and four new lock clips 0019949845

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.asp...SGR=030&SGN=01

Originally posted by Brabus
    Thanks Steve!

202 524 001
    Just to clarify it is 202 524 0001

I was just checking pricing...all together its about $400 list, but hey a new engine is what 8k for a shortblock?