Thread: After HU Installation ---> dent/scrathc in the trim

After HU Installation ---> dent/scrathc in the trim

Damn,

I installed (actually a local radio shop) a Clarion HU on a C230k '00 and the installers left a dent on the trim (fake wood). I don't understand what they were trying to do since I gave them the removal tools. I did not have time to install it but I guess I should have done it my self. Is there any where where I can recondition it. Is no big deal just an eye sore.

what fake wood? all wood is real on that car. as far as fixing the problem, i can't think of anything, unless its that big of an eye sore that you would replace the part.

I thought it was fake Looked too shiny and without grain. anyways. I guess the eye sore is not that big to pay about 400dlls to remove it.

Umm.. the shop broke it, they should fix it.
    98 C230 - Black Opal

Originally posted by Beau M
    Umm.. the shop broke it, they should fix it.
    this is true.

They should pay for it but since I did not notice it right away now they say it was not their fault. They will not be getting my business anymore though

that sucks. :bored:

OG Moderator
    which store is this? this information could be usefull for other members in that area.

Sac Town Car Stereo. They were nice at the begining and stuff but once I started complaining it all changed. They seem like they have done a lot of rides including sports celebrities (Kings).
    Maybe that was why since I am not a celebrity

Depending on the size of the dent you may be able to fill it back up add a touch of somewhat matching putty color and add some UV stable glaze/expoxy. Sand it down and buff to a finish.

Check out your local home improvement store as to what they stock as far as wood repair. The important thing is that your finish be UV stable or you will experience yellowing/cracking/shrinkage.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253