Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ...Love it or hate it...23k got Lumma tuned...

anything to protect the intercooler?
    2000 W202 C230K SE (Sold)
    2007 W203 C230

Originally posted by sanf
    anything to protect the intercooler?
    quite a practical question there... yeah, anything to protect that? it will get chipped and all.

Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    sorry to say but still not a fan... granted it looks much better with the ic, and it fits your application perfectly, but still not a preference of mine, just doesn't seem right...
    same here, but it really doesnt look all that terrible...the openings are jus a little too big for my taste
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

Hey Paul.

Looks very nice! I'm glad you got one. But I'm sad that you had to pay so much. I would have helped you with that, BUT my father died three weeks ago. That's also the case why you guys heard nothing from me.

He died in the age of 46 and as most of you guys know, I'm only 20 and just finished school.

Everything was cool on Friday evening, my dad made jokes about my plan to fill up coffee in cans because I wanted to drive 1000 km to France (for holiday) that night. We all went to bed and at midnight my mum ran into the room and shouted that my dad stopped to breathe and that he reacts on nothing. My brother, me and my girlfriend, we ran into the bedroom of my parents and there lied my dad, motionless, no pulse, no heartbeat. He turned from body temperature to icecold and his lips and the rest of the body turnes blue. In our arms.

Abrupt heart death.

He died. From one moment to the other.

Rest in peace, my beloved father. We all miss you!

Now I have to run the family business, together with my mom and my brother and our employees. Without the chief. Without my father. It's so hard guys.

Substantial things are so dispensable. The only thing that really counts is the family, the people we love, the people we live together with all day long.

To come back to topic:

Paul, it looks so nice. I would have helped you, please excuse that I didn't answer you.

I destroyed my Lumma front bumper on friday, it's gone. But a new one arrived. It will go on the car next week. I paid a fraction of your costs. Sorry that I didn't helped you.

Alex.

\'96 W202 C220

view homepage

my other rides:

\'89 W124 230E

\'86 W124 200D

Alex,

I'm so sorry for your loss and send my sincere condolences.

AJ
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

sorry to hear that , you may not know me but i would also like to send my sincere condolences.
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

Wow it looks very aggressive, and pushes the envelope of being overdone, but within the limits of "looking hot." I thought those bumpers would like decent w/ a IC behind them, looks like I was right. Yes, I think you have my approval (luckey you!). Looks nice. Is that large IC just for the factory kompressor? Does it have any negative affects in performance? Any benefits? Let us know!

i joined the forum while u were away, sorry for your loss, my friend.

Im very sorry to hear this Alex,
    My sinsere condolences to you and your family.
    I did wonder where you had got too,no worries with the bumper.

Great to see more positive comments,thanks guys
    I had the bumper painted and i fitted it last friday,it looks great!...
    I started to attach the black mesh that was provided for the three holes,but ripped it off before it dryed as i think it just didnt suit...
    so i used the stainless mesh i had from the old bumper to protect the IC until i figure out what colour and size the mesh will be...

-the idea i currently have is to use the 9mm stainless mesh in all three holes and paint it the same grey colour as the grill.

-I also cant decide where to mount the number plate...off to the side...or in the middle????

Wow it looks very aggressive, and pushes the envelope of being overdone, but within the limits of "looking hot." I thought those bumpers would like decent w/ a IC behind them, looks like I was right. Yes, I think you have my approval (luckey you!). Looks nice. Is that large IC just for the factory kompressor? Does it have any negative affects in performance? Any benefits? Let us know!
    Hey Thanks for approval heh!!
    The IC currently still runs the stock SC,so there may be a possibility there is a loss,but i wont know till i finally get back on the dyno,which has been delayed due to some exhaust changes needing to be done first...,
    the main reason i changed to the bigger IC was for looks,and i intended to run a pully kit,but now it looks like it will be turbo instead...
    but there will be a massive right up when this day comes around!

Here is an updated pic while im up in my hometown,

Hey slammed, the measurement from the gaurd line to the bottom of the bumper is about 400mm.and from the bottom of the bonnet grill is 340mm,I managed to get on the ferry at low tide and make it up my olds very steep drive,lol i was totally amazed!...laters

Regards,
    Paul
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Damn, that looks really hot!!! I know I just said that about two posts up, but that new photo is a great angle. That bumper really works for me with that intercooler and piping behind it. THey really make use of all that open space that otherwise looks strange. Thats one of the best looking W202's I've seen, though it took me a few minutes of studying it to like it. Are you going to turbo and leave kompressor (twin-charge)? Or are you going to remove kompressor and replace w/ turbo? I think you should twin-charge for both low end and upper end power. The only drawback I could see the rather complicated build and the weight penalty. Anyway, I will stay tuned to see what you have up your sleeve.

once again
    -Shit-that-looks-cool-
    -Logan-

23k Hands down this is one of my favorite car now.

Now your gonna have a following on that bumper and it wont look right on other cars!

2 Big Thumbs up!

Just what under pressure said. That angle of the picture LOOK SO GOOD!

take more picture of different angle like that and a bigger size i want it as a background on my com

Originally posted by crsh2
    Now your gonna have a following on that bumper and it wont look right on other cars!
    Totally. 23K pulled of the impossible by making that bumper look good. I hope others w/o a large front mount dont try to get that look too, it wont look right w/ nothing behind those huge air dams. I can't wait to see what else he has in mind for the future?

I think he hsould get Lorinser (authentic or replica) side skirts and rear bumper, I think they would go w. that front bumper. Also, maybe an AMG low profile spoiler to even out the back.

Do you guys think it would be "rice" to put in some very small Piaa foglights into the air-dams where the intercooler piping is exposed? It looks good when the Supra crowd does it, not sure about a Benz...

a bit off topic, but what is that gray thing on th right of the picture next to the pillar???

lol just noticed that also ! reminds me of one eye willy:Pirate:
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

i am burning to know, man. what is that thing?

Originally posted by Under Pressure
    Totally. 23K pulled of the impossible by making that bumper look good. I hope others w/o a large front mount dont try to get that look too, it wont look right w/ nothing behind those huge air dams. I can't wait to see what else he has in mind for the future?

I think he hsould get Lorinser (authentic or replica) side skirts and rear bumper, I think they would go w. that front bumper. Also, maybe an AMG low profile spoiler to even out the back.

Do you guys think it would be "rice" to put in some very small Piaa foglights into the air-dams where the intercooler piping is exposed? It looks good when the Supra crowd does it, not sure about a Benz...
    hey thanks again Under pressure,crsh2,C280nz
    i have thought about making some custom carbon fibre inserts with spots for the outer portion of the two outer ducts,...and have also looked into side and rear skirts....but that will have to wait a while now,as im happy woth the look and are more keen on performance mods to match the now more aggressive look!

hey Under pressure,i will most likely go for a single turbo setup,and keep it simple,initially only run boost till the ECU faults it so from what iv read around 8psi depending on efficiency.there should be some good gains in releasing the rotating mass for the SC drive belt and crank pully also,im just tring to find somone who can give me some direction on turbine/housing specs so i can get the ball rolling,will let you all know as i progress.

Paul

i am burning to know, man. what is that thing?
    LOL that does look wierd...haha its a fish,with its mouth open facing upward,its on an odd angle in that pic.

http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum
    look for a guy called speedtek on here.
    he is very switched on with turbo benz. im giving him a good flogging of questions at the moment and he is excellent!
    -Logan-

thanks man,
    will check it out!

like WOH!!! skeet skeet skeet skeeet! damme mas gasolina! looks good paul! i would recommend only one other thing.. polish the IC piping!

oh, and maybe an Avantgarde grill.