Thread: c220 to turbo or SC?

c220 to turbo or SC?

got a 95 c220 to turbo or SC? how much boost can the stock 220 take? and which would be easier to install?
    thankx
    95 C220 Moonstone/Gray mb-tex
    MODS
    - Replica Avantgarde Grill
    - Flat hood Emblem
    - Plat +4 plugs
    - In Dash Pioneer CD and pioneer speakers
    - XM Radio
    - pioneer 12\" DVC Sub
    - Boss amp
    - Blue headlights & APC signals
    - H&R Springs
    - Bilstein sports up front
    - 17\" MOMO\'s

I am a strong believer of SC, powedyne in particular. Its cheaper and boost is available sooner than turbo, plus you dont necessarily need an intercooler with non gear(belt) SC. search the site for POWERDYNE and read my posts on supercharging a C280, its the same thing as for C220, but you should probaly run 6psi max.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

if you are going to turbo, it might be a good idea to upgrade internals, some members have had problems with their engines blowing up
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    if you are going to turbo, it might be a good idea to upgrade internals, some members have had problems with their engines blowing up
    i was thinking about saving up some do do these as well... but it seems like i am leaning toward SC now...

even with a kompressor forged internals would be sweet, you could turn the boost up way high 10 psi maybe, stock is 4psi I believe and if I remember correctly members had their internals blow at 6psi, so with upgraded parts 10 would be very possible
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

if you want to run a low boost system.. u dont need an intercooler. say 5lbs and always run 91\92 octane.

I have owned about 5 turbocharged cars and my c230 is my first supercharged car.. it was cool at first.. but turbo is the way to go man..

you are stuck with the same boost with a supercharger system. a turbo you can adjust boost.. which is better if you are going to be 1 of the very few to run boost on a c220.

just look at it this way.. look at how many stock cars are turbocharged, and how many people put aftermarket turbos on compaired to superchargers.

my stock c230k runs 5lbs of boost and I often see it get to almost 6lbs! HAHA

but seriously... ALOT of people come on car forums saying.. "IM GOING TO TURBO MY CAR" and 95% of the time it never happens...

if i were you.. keep your c class as a reliable daily driver and buy a 2nd car to boost... or something thats already super or turbo charged
    taking a break from teh 202 ->

u will struggle to find info on here for this.
    but it has been done by a guy whos car burnt out cant remember his user name ??? damn.
    do alot of searching man. im still just searching and reading.
    do alot of planning first to save money and reduce the unplanned $.
    but yea turbo benz are few and far between, and very mean
    -Logan-

ALOT of people come on car forums saying.. "IM GOING TO TURBO MY CAR" and 95% of the time it never happens...
    LOL i just spent my entire turbo fund ($5300) on a solid remu bedroom suite...so mine will have to wait another 2 months before i can afford the turbo setup again...and it will happen...it was a hard decision!,we needed furnature...
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Originally posted by c280nz
    u will struggle to find info on here for this.
    No he won't. All he has to do is use search function, this has been addressed recently. THere are a few people here with turbo'd C220 block experience, myself included. We have Jason (the guy whose car burned down), jstrat (the huy with the black C220 turbo), Koolvin (the C180 turbo in UK, but remember that C180 and C220 are same block just bored to different liters), and myself (I had the first Mosselman C220 in the boards many years ago, now gone).

ANyway, to the starter of this thread, do a search because we recently had a C220 turbo discussion that went on for pages. It covered psi these things can handle

Edit - here is the link for you...

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...ight=mosselman

Opp i appologise, musta been in a sour mood when i wrote that
    i have had a look also and the info on c200-c180-c220 turbo info seems to stack up well,
    But it doesnt really for the c280, i made a bit of a generalised statement when there was what u needed.
    But i ded say do a search somewhere in there

With that link above read it all well, cos there is a fair bit of confusing and contradicting infomation in there, plus a few random people with big engine statements which there wrong
    (i was probebly one of them like just above):embarr: