Thread: "Rape" Lights

"Rape" Lights

Does every C230 kompressor (1999) come with the "rape lights"? In other words isnt the headlights suppose to stay on when you lock the doors with the remote?

My arent.

yes, same car, i have em.

did you check to see if the bulb is burnt out, these also work as fog lights, when you have your main beams on pull the headlight switch out; toward you, there are 3 positions it can be in and if you pull it out into the 2nd or 3rd your fogs will come on with either your parking or main beam lights. if not they are burnt
    06 C55 AMG
    09 Murano SL

When my headlights are on and I pull it the fogs come on.....but they dont shine when I lock the door.

Is there a way to program it or its supposed to be on all the time?

btw this only works for me if my headlights were on, i shut the off, the lights come on, if i dont run headlights and shut car off they dont come on...

but if this still does not help idk.. sorry
    06 C55 AMG
    09 Murano SL

the headlights have had to be on while u were driving for them to come on. also, it wont turn on if you lock the doors before you close the door.

Had the light switch turned all the way to the right many times and did lock the doors with all doors shut.....they didnt eluminate.

Maybe this is programmable and was disabled or perhaps there is a fuse for this option?

my c43 used to do it, now it dosent, no fuses blown WTF?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

In Charge
    Maybe I'm a little tired, but I am not too sure what all of you are describing.
    Are any of you referring to the way the fog lights light up when you close the door at night?

Please enlighten me. LOL
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

I want this option!!!!!!!!! how do youget this, would the xenon upgrade do it?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

It's a programmable option in the PSE locking pump module, you need a can-enabled scan tool to set it, like the dealership's SDS machine. Very easy to do if you have the tool. Most cars were set by the factory to have it, but when the PSE gets replaced, if the guy who replaces it is lazy and doesn't perform the version coding, it does not get set correctly.

How much would the dealer charge to program this?

So when you turn off your lights, turn off your car, close the door and lock the car the orange lights flash three times and your fogs also stay on for a period of time and then turn off automatically?

orange lights flash but no fogs.

Yes okay, so how long are the fogs supposed to stay on for after you lock the car or can this be set as well?

The fog lights should stay on for 20 seconds, then shut off. You actually don't have to lock the car, just shut the door after turning off the ignition. I don't think many dealers would charge for this, but then each one is different.

Benzonline, I just noticed you are from toronto and this may be why you don't have this feature. When you code the PSE (locking pump/ecu) one of the options is the country, and different countries have different settings. I work on a fair amount of Canadian cars being in Seattle, but I don't remember off hand if this is a USA option. If you have access to an SDS machine I would check the country coding of your PSE and change it to either 'USA' or 'Rest of World'.

My aunts car which is the same exact one as mine bought from the same dealer does this but mine doesnt.

My moms C240 W203 does this aswell....all canadian cars.

"Rape" lights?

I've read all your posts and I'm still confused as to what this option is. My car is a 1995 C280, is this something on newer models?

My car's lights don't do anything if I don't tell them to do it. If I don't tell them to come on, they'll stay off, if I don't tell them to switch off, they'll stay on, good lights they are.

I think they came 98+ years.

In Charge
    I think I discovered what the "rape lights" are. My aunt has a 1999 C280 and the headlights stay on after the car is turned off and the door closed.

My 43 has a similar feature, but it is the foglights and not the headlights (or light coming from that area).

Thankfully, benzaddict has decribed what they are and how to get them set.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Where is the PSE pump located? Trunk? Is it the one on the trunk wall on the passenger side?
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

Yup, you found it. It's got all the hard vacuum lines going to it.

Ok so I guess I have to take it to the dealer to have these lights programmed in then.
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

Originally posted by Denlasoul
    I think I discovered what the "rape lights" are. My aunt has a 1999 C280 and the headlights stay on after the car is turned off and the door closed.

My 43 has a similar feature, but it is the foglights and not the headlights (or light coming from that area).

They are actually the same, the non-C43's have the foglights built in to the main headlight, they are under the main beam.

Originally posted by Denlasoul

so where would I find thid information?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins