Thread: MAF/MAS/airflow sensor/

MAF/MAS/airflow sensor/

hi, recently i just bought this w202 car from my grandad, it's a 94 model and been moded so that the displacement is 2500cc by carlsson. since i'm in overseas, and the car is in my home (indonesia) i cant post more pics of that, but soon as i got home, i will post it right away.

well, anyway i've been looking this forum nowadays and i found some interesting thread about the MAF and how it will damaged just by an K&N filters, the cost of repairing it, etc. but now i'm looking where's my MAF is located around the engine bay. btw, this is a w202 c180, and i think the engine outlay is not much different by c220. so here's the pic of my engine bay,
    click on the pics...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I have no first hand expereince with your model of car but here is some general help until an expert can point it out.

Sorry, I cant really tell in your pics. It is after the air filter box and before the throttle body. Look for a hard piece of plastic in your intake with some wires coming out of it. There is no easy way to test a MAF unless you have a code reader or a machine designed to do it.

it's not quite clear in your pictures

here's what it looks like

hmm, interesting, I dont see a mas in any of the pics, it should be right after the airbox. I'm guessing your car runs off of a MAP sensor then, like some toyotas.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

oh please dunt say that brand, you can name any except that one. toyoda haha,

is it possible to run w/o MAf?
    what about those c220 owners, dont they have a MAF ?

all modern cars run either with MAS or MAP sensors, some with both. as far as I know every mercedes made after early 1970's should have a MAS sensor(post D-jetronik era). I dont know what the carlsson tuning program consists of, but I dont think it includes removing the MAS.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG