Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Car Sounds Like Shiot

Dude, I said, if he gets in touch with me I will help him. I am more then willing to help, he just needs to send me his email address or something for me to get a hold of him by.
    \"Children in the front seat can cause accidents, accidents in the back seat can cause children!\"

Originally posted by Rocky
    OMG hell froze over
    haha..not just yet...(pnsji's just slicker than ricky lake rolled in crisco)
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

98Benzo,
    how free is your friend, better said when is he available, i do have a possible problem with my car and i'll hook up the cash, Dennis has my phone # let me know if you can
    thanks
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

Originally posted by Renn 208
    haha..not just yet...(pnsji's just slicker than ricky lake rolled in crisco)
    ooohhh below da belt shot!
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Renn, are you watching Ricky Lake, right now?
    \"Children in the front seat can cause accidents, accidents in the back seat can cause children!\"

Aight... Back on topic....

Jnolte:

1) Is your check engine light on?
    2) Does it sound or feel like the car is misfiring?

Things you car check yourself- spark plug connections - Take the air intake off the car and the cross tube. Remove of the allen head bolts on the black plastic engine cover. Check to make sure that all of the spark plug wires are well seated. They should not move, best way to check is to pull them off by the boot and re attach them- push down until you hear a click. Check to make sure the coils are well seated on the other 3 three plugs, just push them down, no click. Verify that the other wires are indeed secure.

This is the first thing I would check. It has happend on my car, a coil slides up and a causes a misfire. Easy to check, easy to fix.

Either way, I would definately take it to a good shop for a check up. Check out http://www.mercedesshop.com for recommendations on a good shop in your area.

~dnm

~dnm
    1995 C36 AMG

Originally posted by kodiak
    Check out http://www.mercedesshop.com for recommendations on a good shop in your area.
    Uh Oh
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

Hey i dont answer my phone if i dont know the number.. Long story.

I think its the timing belt.

I was speeding around in my car today and i belive it to be a timing belt fuck up.

Yeah 98benzo get together does sound nice. BUt i am busy alot. Where do you live now>???
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Originally posted by 98_Benzo
    Renn, are you watching Ricky Lake, right now?
    back off topic...

Mmmm Ricky Lake :drool:
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

CKlasse
    Originally posted by jnolte
    Hey i dont answer my phone if i dont know the number.. Long story.

I think its the timing belt.

I was speeding around in my car today and i belive it to be a timing belt fuck up.

Yeah 98benzo get together does sound nice. BUt i am busy alot. Where do you live now>???
    Yes, you have a major timing belt problem.... it doesn't exist

JNolte, I live in Renton, I sent you an email if you want to get a hold of me. I believe our cars have timing chains, so I don't think you have problems with timing, those are a little hard to move.

Originally posted by CKlasse
    Yes, you have a major timing belt problem.... it doesn't exist
    OH SHIT
    Well its some kinda belt...

Okay what this??/ When i floor it it hesitates to kick into full power its like its slipping or somehing like that... It like shifts around the power ranges weird.. Think its the Tranny. i really dont but it may be
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

Well, try throwing some fuel line cleaner in the gas tank and running that through your gas lines. That might help, the problem definitely sounds like a fuel problem. The other thing you might want to try is changing your plugs. See what those few little things do and then get back to me. I am not saying that is going to fix it for sure, but it might help out a little.

In Charge
    Possibly a tranny going south? Also, have you checked out your MAS? Could be a source of problems.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Originally posted by jnolte
    OH SHIT
    Well its some kinda belt...

Okay what this??/ When i floor it it hesitates to kick into full power its like its slipping or somehing like that... It like shifts around the power ranges weird.. Think its the Tranny. i really dont but it may be

Okay, now I may be stupid, and we might have already covered this, but could it be you're just going into kickdown mode?

The delay could be that you're in a high gear with the revs too low, and the car is just taking time to down shift...revs go up and you feel power.

search. think. do. post.

Originally posted by Renn 208
    Okay, now I may be stupid, and we might have already covered this, but could it be you're just going into kickdown mode?

The delay could be that you're in a high gear with the revs too low, and the car is just taking time to down shift...revs go up and you feel power.

No its not the kick down. Its like a disturbing sound. clicking then weird other sound dont even know how to explain it.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

Umm, I thought it was a timing chain, not belt....at least my car has a timing chain.

CKlasse
    Originally posted by Scotty-C190E
    Umm, I thought it was a timing chain, not belt....at least my car has a timing chain.
    It has a Timing Chain for sure and rarely does this go bad.

Instead of all these speculations why not diagnostic scan it at your local autozone. Write down the DTCs! At least you could pin point the problem.

Does Autozone do a free check?

CKlasse
    roger that!

Sweet, now I just need to find one near me. If I were to get some codes, does anyone have a decoder, to tell me what is up with my car?

Autozone=

CKlasse
    Autozone=
    So is any other part stores.. What do you expect from 8 bucks/hr 'experts' But at least they are helpful when it comes to tools loan.

willpower
    Autozone=
    ROFLMAO!!!

98Benzo: man, for that kind of hookup, I'd even drive down to get my car serviced. Then we could have an unofficial Pacific NW gtg

Autozone=
    That is so cruel but so hilarious-MOE
    98 c43(mine) lots of goodies
    97 c280sport(hers)17 monos only