Thread: more power to a c230

more power to a c230

i have a c230 american specs, however i heard a rumor that american spec's tend to have a lower hp, or 0-60 due to harsh emmisions control, so neidea what i can do to make my car just a lil bit faster, as in replacing the exhaust, or changing air filter...etc
    plz help...thanks

First of all i would like to welcome you to the board.
    To gain some simple 1-2 horsepower you can take out your filter and add in a new air filter, one such as green filter or k&n filter. To increase the throttle response, if you find it to be sluggish, you can change out the fuel injectors for new ones. The exhaust is a big step because there are many types of exhausts out there. The exhaust overhaul should be thought out clearly, wether you wanna use new headers(dunno if they still make them for w202) overhaul the whole system such as doing a x-pipe with the single exhaust and adding hi flow cats.... so forth. you can also do an ecu upgrade to your vehicle. if you want your car to run overall better, it would be wise(depending on miles) to do an overhaul of the maf, 02 sensors, and sparkplugs. doing this is up to you, i mean why change it if it isnt causing any problems ya know? look at major tuners for ideas, call them ask then what they do for differnt mods, some tuners are

Brabus(dunno if they still mod w202s or not)
    Kleeman
    Carlsson
    MKB(seroiously look into them, they have a really informative website and it was started by an ex amg exec.)
    Renntech

these are all the major MB tuners that i can think of off the top of my head.

congrats once again and welcome

wow, thanks a lot, that was some great advice, i will definetly be taking your advice, i am going to add a K&N filter tomorow, as for te exhaust a friend of mine told me about this c36 exhaust mint condition, i am going to check it out...