Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: need an slk hood for my project!

need an slk hood for my project!

hi guys i need your help! i was wondering were can i get an slk hood? it doesnt matter if its been hit. the only thing that i want to be good on it, is the 2 groves that it has in the middle of the hood!

your gonan install the whole hood on your car...is that even possible, well if you want to save a ton of money why not keep your custom hood and take it to a good body shop and make him do the 2 grooves for you

i want to cut the 2 groves off the slk hood and weld it on to me existing hood, and then paint it

ok if you do get it done u should definetly post some pics or if you have some pics already that would be gr8 cause im dying to c how it would look like

i will post pics when i put on my new rims and do the fender flares. stay tunned.....

john

ill definetly stay tuned, im really interested in seeing those pics, always thought of doing something with my hood just never knew what...and it is an vg idea, so keep us posted

Maybe you should do the Renntech E7.4RS style hood with the indentation coming from an opening on the hood. This would be great for the turbo engine to release some of that hot air sure to build up in the engine bay. I dont know if these pics will work but here it is....

I remember steve saying something about some euro guys had the slk powerdomes, pics anyone?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

...sure

Hood

I had got the same idea as you, but my hood was a few times ago painted by Mercedes-Benz, so i had given up the idea.

Looks quite good, but, in my opinion, you have to clean the star from the hood.

picture no work
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    picture no work
    works for me...
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

because it was edited to be fixed....

***C43***

looks sort of weird... but I like it, maybe some vents to get cold air in? or as said before get hot air out? or both if that could be done?

***C43***

love the color too, smoke silver rules

***C43***

that shit looks so fuckin nice!! i cant wait untill i do it to my car! any body has any info on how he did this mod???

jstrat, I think you should go with my vented hood idea (like the Renntech car pics above). The SLK hood idea doesnt serve much purpuse, but the vented hood will allow hot turbo air to escape from the engine compartment - and it looks more aggressive for the show circuit. Also, you may have difficulty to find a second hand SLK hood to cut apart, but the vented hood you can do while your car at bodyshop getting fender flares put on since you won't need a donor hood.

You cant go wrong with either, but I think vented hood are super hot.

can't you have both on one hood, just smaller vent width?

***C43***

Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    can't you have both on one hood, just smaller vent width?
    I think that would look too busy.

this is what i had in mind. slk groves with 2 opemings on the side with . like this hood.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03...QQcmdZViewItem

I thought it mightbe too busy but if you used the power domes and an inlet or outlet for ait it would be less busy and add some help, better than not being there, and would be very tasteful

***C43***

Originally posted by jstrat85
    this is what i had in mind. slk groves with 2 opemings on the side with . like this hood.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03...QQcmdZViewItem
    That eBay link shows a pretty ugly hood. I say either put the dome on without a vent, or put one or two big vents without power domes, like the Renntech car. But don't put both - its just too much craziness going on and will take away the clean look (might be entering the overdone look that way). Part of the art is balance and knowing when to stop, as well as what mates nicely with what. But this is just my opinion

i really like the slk idea im just going to do that. it looks aggresive and it also looks oem and clean!

Originally posted by jstrat85
    i really like the slk idea im just going to do that. it looks aggresive and it also looks oem and clean!
    I sincerely feel that either way it would look hot. I just like how the vented hood shows off the "turbo-ness" of your car. But then again, the domes are very "Mercedes" and looks dman good. And vented hoods have been done by many, the domes will look more unique So good choice. :bandit:

let us know how this goes, I am interested in the cost and labor of having this done, a very nice addition to a w202

***C43***

guys i need your help on finding a recked hood off an slk. the only thing that has to be in mint condtion are the grooves on it!!! please help me find a hood!!!