Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: need an slk hood for my project!

Originally posted by jstrat85
    guys i need your help on finding a recked hood off an slk. the only thing that has to be in mint condtion are the grooves on it!!! please help me find a hood!!!
    jstart, I think I suggested this place to you to find out about a cluster for your car. I cant remember what they told you, but now try to see if they can sell you an SLK hood. Its a Mercedes "junk yard" and their site shows lots of messed up SLK's with good hoods...

http://silverstarrecycling.net/modul...ile=mbz_models

I really don't understand why one would need an SLK hood to get this done...get something like that made out of steel or fiberglass...it probably already exists somewhere...

and honestly - I don't like the look of it on the C class (saw it on a meeting once in germany).

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

The more I think about it, the more I too think it may not be a great idea in the look of the finished product. The reason is because the W202 is a two-tiered (i.e., multiple level) hood.

There is the lower portion, running from the headlights to windshield. And there is also the raised portion, running from grill to windshield. The area from the lower portion to raised portion is very much angled.

The power domes, however, would be running straight back as oppossed to angled. This probably would not compliment eachother.

The picture on the first page of this thread that shows it on a W202 appears to have too many lines not working with eachother. It looks kind of like a wrinkly forehead.

I really think you should consider doing the massive Renntech style vent instead. It will work with your car's lines, it will be cheaper, and you wont have to find a donor hood. Plus you can tell everyone "yea thats to vent out all the hot turbo air under the hood" :bandit:

the reason i need an slk hood is because it will come out perfect. i was going to make it out of fiberglass but i need to rent an slk and get the mold. they are asking $400 just to rent an slk for 1 day. thats way to much and then another how much to mold it. and on top of that to install and paint??? its going to be a very expensive mod!!! wait and see how nice its going to look. a very aggresive look. also you need to have a flat badge for this mod to look good!

I think its a very tasteful oem looking mod, and well IMO the lines match very well, this is a very nice looking mod, even with a standing star, if it does not get to costly I would also like to do this mod
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

the guys hood was it an SLK, cause it didnt look that nice, i thought it would look more aggressive, or maybe its looks were lost because of the huge body kit the man had on

the guy is a member on the forum

Originally posted by Abuimad
    the guys hood was it an SLK, cause it didnt look that nice, i thought it would look more aggressive, or maybe its looks were lost because of the huge body kit the man had on
    thnx for ur opinion and plz dont diss out my car ... check in the past threads and see what the people though of it, this car is all custom no ideas stolen from anyone... now i got a new set of rims ET 15 with 3 cm spacers for the rear... custom widebody (by metal not fiber glass)... (engine swap inprogress too)

jstrat85 rent a slk hood take mold of its hood then apply it to urs very easy... i did it in 2 days with paint...

different ppl have different opinions, some may like it some may not, and i didnt say i dont like ur car, i said that the hood was lost inthe huge body kit u had on.
    ps: what ur car interior like ? and r u in beirut or no ?

Originally posted by Abuimad
    different ppl have different opinions, some may like it some may not, and i didnt say i dont like ur car, i said that the hood was lost inthe huge body kit u had on.
    ps: what ur car interior like ? and r u in beirut or no ?
    yes in beirut, and i have a custom inerior but not yet finished, grey black, with carbon fiber trim, carbon fiber dash insert and a carbon fiber gear shift...

to alhacker

of topic here : a guy here in aruba that is from libanon told me that they sell projector headlights for 202 in libanon do you have any info on this?? btw i think the slk hood mod looks cool
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

man hook me up, i want to change my wooden interior to CF i want a amg body kit, and i want the name of a good mechanic i live in beirut (near sodeco) and i need some H.E.L.P.
    as for the projector headlights if i c ne i will tell u how much they are, cause im looking for a pair myself,
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

ok guys i found a hood. $100 shiped to my house. got my new rims in yesterday also. i mounted them on allready! i will try to take some pics as soon as possible.

Originally posted by jstrat85
    ok guys i found a hood. $100 shiped to my house. got my new rims in yesterday also. i mounted them on allready! i will try to take some pics as soon as possible.
    And with these new additions, jstrat confirms his status as "owner of the most pimp W202"

:werd:
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

wow thats a very very good price man, a hood for 100 dollars....thats low..very low, now dont b stingy and take some pics
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

that is a very sweet price indeed, I hope this turns out well, I'd like to do this mod in the future

***C43***

every time i see jstrat85 s car i say DAMN!!! but i think in the near future ill be saying holy shit!!!
    jstrat85 thats one sick ride you have there can wait to see how the hood will look like on youre car and those fender flares are you plannig on putting them soon??? post some pics as soon as youre done keep it up men!!!
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

underpressure thank you for the coplment thank you all! guys you know i share all the love with you guys. i have my family but you guys are my second family i will try to post pics as soon as im done. im trying to have everything done by Oct 20 because oct 23 theres an import night at AC. im talking to my body shop guy for a good prices, and for everything to be done right!

stay tunned........

got my slk hood in today. will post some pics tom!

wow thats auusome, so im thinking you will be done in a week......well post some pics when your done, and dont forget to change ur sig

btw, well you got the rimms...the body kit....the unique hood...im dying to see what your gonna do next

this mod im probably going to star maybe by next week and i might do the fendrs at the same time so stay tunned! i wll post pics when im done!

I can't believe you found an SLK hood for only $100 including shipping to your house!!! What is your source?

whats up guys i went to my body shop today and i showed them what i want to do and they looked at me like i was crazy! lol. they told me that it has to be done right because if its not done right with the vibration it could crak! does any body have an idea what would be the best way??? thank you

can't you just mold it in like a hood scoupe

***C43***