Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: need an slk hood for my project!

Pardon my "shoot from the hip" answer as I have no experience in body work, but, wouldnt you just cut out the area the domes will go, then weld them on? This way I would imagine (though I dont know) that nothing would crack, assuming the domes are metal themselves (as oppossed to fiber glass or something that cracks easily). I mean, if you weld it on it becomes part of the hood and wont crack anymore than it would on an SLK, right???

slk hood fiber glass way

hello,

i used the fiber glass way, but sorry i was not able to take pictures ... so what happend is that a mold was taken off the slk hood 5 cmm from each strip... then they were placed on my car they wher trimmed from under neath so as they sit on the hood without any force. then the hood was sanded down with really thich sand paper under the surface of contact with fiber glass strips then fiber glass mesh was applied to stick them on ( if u use bondo and putty it will definitley crack, u can only use fiber glass mesh) then sanded down all the hood and it was ready to paint...

i wanted the metal way but my body shop guy siad that it will twist while welding... (and by welding it is totaly undoable if u get bored of it)

Originally posted by Under Pressure
    Pardon my "shoot from the hip" answer as I have no experience in body work, but, wouldnt you just cut out the area the domes will go, then weld them on? This way I would imagine (though I dont know) that nothing would crack, assuming the domes are metal themselves (as oppossed to fiber glass or something that cracks easily). I mean, if you weld it on it becomes part of the hood and wont crack anymore than it would on an SLK, right???

can you post some pics of your hood???

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by jstrat85
    ok guys i found a hood. $100 shiped to my house. got my new rims in yesterday also. i mounted them on allready! i will try to take some pics as soon as possible.
    where did ya get the hood from?.. mercedes salvage yard?.. Im looking for some bumpers for my C.. can ya let me know where you got the hood from?
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

i think this is the number 1800 783 4911 mb junk yard

what happened with this?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    what happened with this?
    Its on the back-burner while jstrat takes care of some family issues. But considering his past work, you can bet that when it gets done, its going to be perfect.

IM trying my best as soon as possible. I cut the slk grooves off the slk hood today, now IM going to do my fenders probably this week and IM going to be doing my new steering wheel and then my hood. so ones again stay tuned

what steering wheel are u installing ????
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

The v2 sport steering wheel its half wood half leather with the thumb rest.

yeah i love that wheel, ive been trying to find one but al im finding is black with wood, and i want beige with wood...

ok so i went to another body shop for my hood and he told me that what i want to do with my hood, it is going to crack with the vibration. that shit sucks! what should i do???

its been done before, why can't it be done again?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

exactly alhacker did it, and his car seems to be fine.....maybe you should pm him or get his email and find out exactly how he did installed it, this mod would look phat on ur car..and it would make it a one of a kind...good luck

and not just on his car, this mod looks good on any 202, if there was a cheap means on getting this done, I would have it done along with the avantgrade grill

***C43***

IMO the beuty of the slk hood is that it would look good if you have a body kit on..and it would also look good with a bone stock car....

all right guys guess what? i am done with my hood and it looks fuck wicked!!! i was going to take pics of it today but the weather here in new york sucks! alot of snow, so i will try to take pics as soon as possible!

CONGRATS.....man rain/snow whatever just take the pics then take new ones.....
    waiting on them pics

the hood came out so fuckin hot! i dont want to spoil it with stupid pics

OG Moderator
    we need pics!!!..
    what did you end up doing?.. have it fiber glassed?.. or have the power domes welded to the hood?
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

so what did you end up doing to solve the problem?

***C43***

OK i didn't end up putting the domes in the middle. that a surprise! i took it to him to fix my fenders because it was rubbing and he told me that he was going to do my hood also. im like shit.... why not. so they took the domes welded them on to the hood and then filled them up with metal bondo! it looks like its OEM! it gave a crazy fuckin look to the car! it looks like its on steroids and i also put on my turbo badges and i put on my 10mm spacers in the back so it looks more beefy! i want to takes PICS but there is so much fuckin snow in new York it sucks balls!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by jstrat85
    OK i didn't end up putting the domes in the middle. that a surprise! i took it to him to fix my fenders because it was rubbing and he told me that he was going to do my hood also. im like shit.... why not. so they took the domes welded them on to the hood and then filled them up with metal bondo! it looks like its OEM! it gave a crazy fuckin look to the car! it looks like its on steroids and i also put on my turbo badges and i also put on my 10mm spacers in the back so it looks more beefy! i want to takes PICS but there is so much fuckin snow in new York it sucks balls!
    damn.. you cant tease us like this man!! just brush off your car and take some pics!!

i will try to take some pics tom