Thread: question

question

what would be the main causes of power loss?

my 202 just doesn't have the same kick it did a week ago

is there anything I should have checked?

it's a 94, i just bought it 3-4 months ago, i added a CAI, i just changed from castrol high mileage 10w40 to mobil 1 0w 40, it has about 186k on it now, i drive a lot i've done about 6k miles in those 3 months

sparkplugs.. wires.. MAF...

any check engine lights on?
    taking a break from teh 202 ->

perhaps thats CAI is not so Cold air as you think...

it may be suckin in hot air, check that too
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

well the most obvious would be the spark plugs, the MAF may need to be checked, check the cars electrocity cause i once lost all power in my car and apparently it was the car electric dyno, and i was thinking of adding a CAI untill some ppl told me that CAI may have a reverse effect if it malfunctions..so check that too

C55 Charter Member

Re: question

Originally posted by CMSw202
    what would be the main causes of power loss?
    my 202 just doesn't have the same kick it did a week ago
    is there anything I should have checked?
    it's a 94, i just bought it 3-4 months ago, i added a CAI, ...
    was that CAI an oiled filter? If so, might be what happened to me over the last couple of months. When I swapped my motor, I cleaned the K&N filter & re-oiled; I put too much oil on it. Against Carl's strong objections I went ahead and re-installed it. Sure enough the oil from the filter built up on the MAF and was the reason behind slugishness, stalling, bucking, even rough tranni shifing and the tranni being stuck in a gear w/o upshifing once for 1/2 a minute.

Re: Re: question

Originally posted by c55m8o
    was that CAI an oiled filter? If so, might be what happened to me over the last couple of months. When I swapped my motor, I cleaned the K&N filter & re-oiled; I put too much oil on it. Against Carl's strong objections I went ahead and re-installed it. Sure enough the oil from the filter built up on the MAF and was the reason behind slugishness, stalling, bucking, even rough tranni shifing and the tranni being stuck in a gear w/o upshifing once for 1/2 a minute.
    I'm not sure whether this applies to my particular problem but I'm a little worried that this might be the cause. What did you wind up doing to fix your problem?

C55 Charter Member

Re: Re: Re: question

Originally posted by CMSw202
    I'm not sure whether this applies to my particular problem but I'm a little worried that this might be the cause. What did you wind up doing to fix your problem?
    I changed the MAS (or is it MAF ... I always forget). There's a recent thread from me on it.

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...&threadid=7908