Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beast C55 W202 runs low 13's at E-Town

C55 Charter Member
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    would adding evo pullies, kleeman headers, and e fans get into 12.9-13? or would more bolt ons be needed
    Originally posted by alphanumeric
    I dont know how good the AMG engines already flow... but I would say mid or low 12s with those mods!
    ...are you say'n that, doing those mods to a 5.4L motor or 2.8L motor? cus I sure can't agree if you're say'n the 2.8L.

edit: sorry if this sounds stupid, I just don't want to assume the context someone is asking a question like that under -- isn't clear what engine Ash c280 was ask'n about to me.

actually... I was talking about the 2.3 motor... dont let displacement fool you!

just kidding.. I was talking about v8s meaning the 5.4 powerplant..

remember.. he is saying he could break into the 12's with his current setup. I could be wrong.. but im sure we will see..
    taking a break from teh 202 ->

Come on!!! Do eet!!!!!

actually... I was talking about the 2.3 motor... dont let displacement fool you!

just kidding.. I was talking about v8s meaning the 5.4 powerplant..

remember.. he is saying he could break into the 12's with his current setup. I could be wrong.. but im sure we will see..
    Dude you are so clueless it's ridiculous.

On a not so great launch I ran a 13.3 with a 2.0 60 ft launch racing the car for the first time. My 1st time ever driving an automatic car in the 1/4 mile. That's how much power this project car has. Without mods and on pump gas at that !

YOU sir will never get your SLK to run 12's.You apparently have lil knowledge of drag racing and MB motors.From what your sig shows the SLK55 is the only performance car you've owned if it's even yours.
    Your hating style does not inspire me at all.I'd race your SLK with my Eagle Talon and beat you in REVERSE!:bunny:

silver 1998 AMG c43 to C55 convert(293whp/307lbft TQ) ,1999 M3,1995 400 whp eagle Talon Tsi AWD,94 BMW 325i to M332i(M3)conversion

well my 12.5 souce isnt reliable..

it was just someones word at benzworld.org.. OK OK OK.... let

me retract my statement to 12.7-12.8.. STILL!!

I dont see this c55 202 in its current stat breakin into the 12's.. that would be bad ass if I was wrong tho..

btw.. u dont have to do a c55 convert to get power.. im sure their is plenty of power to be made from the 2.3 and 2.8 engines for less $$
    How do you spell C-L-U-E-L-E-S-S!

silver 1998 AMG c43 to C55 convert(293whp/307lbft TQ) ,1999 M3,1995 400 whp eagle Talon Tsi AWD,94 BMW 325i to M332i(M3)conversion

Originally posted by c55m8o
    though... take the guy who did our engine swaps. He built a motor (correct me where I'm wrong Carl) using a 2.8L block, increased displacement to 3.5L , used C36 heads (modified no doubt), a turbo, cam with profile made for turbos ... you're gunna get incredible performance out of it.

...at least if you say "ridiculous work", that's what I think. And I wouldn't want to run my car against his if there was big money on it.
    You're totally correct Steve! Also I'd still race Jeffrey out of curiosity.

I have a couple other cars not worth mentioning in a mercedes forum.. a vdub 1.8t daily beater and a mild modded 84 242 volvo which dyno at just over 300rwhp and 385lbs of tq. (with using all OEM stock volvo components might I add.. well besides the t5 trans and Megasquirt) prolly nothing as quick as your awd talon..

I can admit that I know very "lil" about drag racing and MB motors.. but can you admit your car wont run 12s ??????
    taking a break from teh 202 ->

oooohhhhhh sshhhiittttt
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

coolcarlskic43 go back to the track and prove this idiot wrong, this is rediculus......
    But yea from what ive herd that c36turbo is badddd asssss

Originally posted by c280nz
    coolcarlskic43 go back to the track and prove this idiot wrong, this is rediculus......
    LOL! I think you took the words right out of my mouth!

And sorry, for one more time.... add N2O! :bandit:

yes I was talking about the c55...because I know you already have highflow cats and exhaust and e55 upgraded chip (at least I thought so), so again would adding kleeman headers evo pullies, and I suppose custom e fans because there are no standard e fan upgrades get you into 12.9-13 or even lower? And are there any other bolt ons you could do to your c55 besides those? I Understand many of you c55 guys are interested in f/i... I just didn't understand why you guys didn't do all bolt on mods before considering f/i, is there any special reasoning for this? Have you added LSD? Thanks for answering my long list of questions... c55s rule... hell 202s rule in general
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

C55 Charter Member
    Ashkan's C280, yup on the chip -- Carl's got BMS exhaust (I don't think Carl has hi-flow cats either) but mine's bone stock. ... I'm talking to a guy about headers (cheaper then Kleemann's, me hopes) and would like to do exaust like Jeff (speedybenz) ; money's drying up tho so I don't know what I'll get to 1st. Once Jeff's suspension arrives, I'll be installing LSD @ the same shop that's installing the suspension. Ya, could do the pullies... hadn't given it much thought. I really should have called outlaw engineering already to get ThermoBloks spacers and some thermal insulation under the manifold. I can't estimate what it all would get me on the track tho.

so what is jeffs exhuast setup exactly two race cats/high flow straight pipe to muff? where are the o2 sensors?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

Once Jeff's suspension arrives, I'll be installing LSD @ the same shop that's installing the suspension. [/B]
    :shock: your getting a LSD? what type/were from? that is sweet.

When you have the potential of geting into the 12s NA just stay that way, cos NA power is all good.

With a c55supercharged that would be so insane..... im drooling on my keyboard just thinking about it

You c55 boys have it sorted, theres no replacement for displacement

C55 Charter Member
    Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    so what is jeffs exhuast setup exactly two race cats/high flow straight pipe to muff? where are the o2 sensors?
    you'd have to ask him specifically about the positioning of the O2 sensors. He also is using the dual-in dual-out Magnaflow Universal muffler in place of where the resonators are.

C55 Charter Member
    Originally posted by c280nz
    :shock: your getting a LSD? what type/were from? that is sweet.
    Kleemann makes it. I understand from Jeff it's a modified version of the type sold by Phantom Grip (if not actually purchased from them and modified for our application).

Ya, NA's great. But every mechanic I know into performance says the same thing ... once you go F/I, you won't ever want to go without it again.

Ya, NA's great. But every mechanic I know into performance says the same thing ... once you go F/I, you won't ever want to go without it again.
    Most def.

Kleemann makes it. I understand from Jeff it's a modified version of the type sold by Phantom Grip (if not actually purchased from them and modified for our application).

That's exactly why I still have my 413 awhp Eagle Talon!

Steve in two weeks when you goto the AMG meet and E-Town be sure you know how to launch your car.You have to represent for W202's,Jeffrey and the W202 C55's.

I am so anxious about it and I'm sure your car will do well.

1st fill the frnt tires up to 44psi.The rears to at least 26psi,and no lower.

Remember to rev it up to 1k rpm's while staging with one foot on brake and one on the gas then on the third yellow light be outta there b4 the green comes on.

Make sure you don't flr the throttle initially but gradually give it the gas and flr it at about 20mph all the way to the end otherwise the TQ will have those back wheels spinning..You'll be amazed at how hard she's gonna pull you down the track.Down right mean and a real rush!

Try your first run in D3 and leave it there.Then you can do trial runs,running from D3 to D4 or D4 all the way down.Some guys are telling me that if my car did 105mph on the dyno I should have stayed in D3 all the way down.I could have netted 12's. If you launch real good with the car in D3 you may run into the rev limiter ,but that's okay we want the most out of every gear.Especially mph wise.Your car is definitely a low 13 sec car as well.

It all happens pretty quick so you may need practice.I'm hoping you best my ET and MPH trap. Good Luck!

PS Jeffrey blew his motor again,this time on the Dyno! Found out today!

C55 Charter Member
    Originally posted by coolcarlskic43
    Steve in two weeks when you goto the AMG meet and E-Town be sure you know how to launch your car.You have to represent for W202's,Jeffrey and the W202 C55's....
    Thanx very much for all the info. I plan on doo'n ya proud (tho, while I've been on a road course in a mini-Indy car, it is my 1st time ever on a 1/4 mile track). I know others were interested in launch too, so great post.

Ya, I'll tell ya, if I keep it in 3rd and hit redline before the end, I'll know I was doing good, as yep, our gearing gets us into 4th @ about 104 or 105mph.

BTW, I kept forgetting to ask... do you have to wear a helmet, and do you need to provide your own? What about tape for numbers?

PS Jeffrey blew his motor again,this time on the Dyno! Found out today!
    ...holy F**K! How bad?

I guess he was step'n it up big, to take on that Audi. Was it a catastrophic failure or head gasket and he was able to shutdown in time? ...any idea what the HP / torque reading he got out of it before it happened? [!]

...I hope it's not because he was using that xtra IBM laptop he's got for running his Motec software, and the screen blanked out right @ the wrong time... He was tell'n me that's what he was afraid of happening.

C55 Charter Member
    I've just been playing around with CarTest2000, tweeking the figures to most accurately simulate the known/measured performance of our C55s ... and I'm going to go out on a limb here -- based on my unwavering belief in technology and analytical simulation -- and say the best time I might achieve will be 13.3 seconds...

I type in ETAs, and stopped when I found the wheel hp and trq to be the same max values I measured... CarTest2000 does this based on knowing the HP and Trq curve, gearing, weight, losses, etc. I'm also very impressed how my measured HP and Trq @ the wheel syncs up very closely with what Mercedes Benz says our engines are producing on an engine dyno. ...very kewl. That reinforces the idea that the very many losses like tranni, drivetrain, tire fricitions, aerodynamic used in the simulation are pretty accurate.

The fact I've never done drag racing before I could very well be a few tenths above that. However, if I do better then that, then my seat-of-my-pants dyno that says the car's engine is performing a heck of a lot better and stronger now thru-out the whole RPM range with the new MAS, will verify to me it is indeed producing better rwhp & trq then 1st measured, which is what I'm using in CarTest2000's simulations (...and I have to go re-dyno my car). Heck, I should have went and re-dyno'ed it today.

You can rent a helmet at the track or bring your own.$3.00 to rent.I like their cheap lil helmets because it doesnt use a face mask and you can see and hear everything a whole lot better(engine,rpm's,the other car in opposing lane).

If you buy one which I do reccommend ,from S&K or wherever,it 's like a motorcycle helmet where your whole head is covered,ears ,eyes(built in mask) and what not.I purchased a helmet manufactured by Bell. Not expensive at all.Like I said though they(track helmet) may not be attractive but I like the the track helmets.

If it's a crowded track day bring your own helmet in case you can't rent one.They will also shoe polish a # on your windshield. After you pay to get in go in and drive your car to the tech booth immediately.
    You also have to fill out the info card they will give you.Once you leave the tech booth REMEMBER to take care of your tire air pressure which I described to you.That's very very important.

Here's a warning from me,Once you track your car you'll be addicted.

If you have not done so, one day I advise you to use Amsoil ATF(8 qts) in your tranny.Take it to Rallye MB where Jeffrey wrks,make an appointment and request Jeffrey as your mechanic when you do so.Contact Jeffrey and speak to him in advance.That's what I did.I spoke to him and Ralston but chose Ralston since he's located closer to me.

Also remember the Harmonic Balancer recall ,you might as well have them do that while your car is there.I'm getting mine done Monday at Silverstar MB by Ralston. HB, tranny and diff fluid change.I'm changing the diff fluid also with Amsoil gear oil(2qts).If you need this stuff contact me or another source.

By the way from what I heard Jeffrey only blew the head gasket but I have not spoken to him as yet.He was very down and frustrated about the whole thing. Time for him IMOP to use the 4.3L motor and Supercharge or Turbo charge it!I can get him a tranny from an E55

Steve last thing.Weight saving stuff. I left all this stuff at hme,unless you have someone that would be willing to carry or watch these things at the track for you.

Take out your spare tire,your jack,floormats ,and whatever junk is in the mid console and glove box.You'll be surprised how much all this crap weighs.

Also try to start from your house with a 1/2 tank of gas so that when you get to NJ you only have maybe a 1/4 tank to an 1/8th left.Gas can be heavy.You don't need race fuel as I did my runs on either amoco 93 or Sunoco 93 I can't remember.

Race gas is expensive ,you don't need it but it's up to you.The higher Octane may help but I cannot say for sure.I used pump gas and ran a 13.3.Maybe the higher Oct will increase the mph but I will not endorse that theory. 93 Oct should be good enuff especially since we are Normally aspirated.

Keep your gas tank at 1/4 tank max to 1/8th minimum for optimum track weight.Trust me you won't regret it. Make sure you leave the traction control OFF!!!!!!aswell!

Steve I need your input in this thread as soon as you are able about the RON 92!http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showth...14#post1286614 Your car is also mentioned in this.

C55 Charter Member
    Steve I need your input in this thread as soon as you are able about the RON 92!http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showth...14#post1286614 Your car is also mentioned in this.
    OK, I added to the thread. Thanx for the added advise. I'm planning on saying in my NYC apartment the Friday and Saturday nights before both meets, so I'll have to burn gas even more on the ride over, as that cuts the distance I have to drive to the track by about 1/2...

-steve