Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C43 & V8 Airbox Suck, Poorly Designed

Hmm. Well back to the subject, after hitting the dyno about 20 times I can tell you that the Airbox does not suck in design. Acutally it sucks very good and channels air down much better (ram air) than a tube/pipe or K&N. I have been wanting ever since I got the kleemann to design a better intake but no prevail. MB did a great job with their intake. I dont think it was just for simplicity that they made it like that. I do hate the way it looks though since it goes right on top of the blower and you cant see squat. Oh well... my .02
    S500 (all stock)

J, you talking about a 43/55 airbox? on a N/A car?
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

The airbox on the C240, looks bascially the same as my C43. I never tried to do anything with the C43 thou after I went crazy on the C36. Haha. I learned to leave AMG alone. Thats why i traded in the C36 and bought the C240 so I can go crazy on that.
    S500 (all stock)

Most of my performance decisions (Corvette) were not based on heresay or "seat of the pants" or even manufacturer claimed HP increase but by reviewing before/after dyno runs. I have continued this with my own vehicles, always performaning before/after dyno runs. While there can be variances between cars and dynos, when you see three or four positive HP increases, thats usually enough to rule out the odd fluke.

The inline 6 can definately benefit from a improved airbox although I suspect that a AMG airbox would be the logical route (for the non-amg vehicles) but there is plenty of available space to construct a cold air/ram air intake as well.

To substantiate your performance improvement claim, just perform a before/after dyno run, it sure will eliminate the conjecture.

Oh, I race as well, not as much as I used to as I am now a instructor but there is nothing more enjoyable than being handed your a$$ by a Cobra

www.2phast.com
    1993 500E, Signal Rot