Thread: Phenolic Heat Shield Spacers-Intake Manifold

Phenolic Heat Shield Spacers-Intake Manifold

Below is the pic of the phenolic heat shield spacer I machined to fit between my intake manifold and cylinder head.

I did not take a pic of the reflective heat shield blanket that fits in the space between the cylinders.

This isa pic of my new dual exhaust system. You can see the dual pipes and only one muffler just aft of the cats. Also see the one hideous bend on the right pipe about midway to the bumper.

1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

In Charge
    Damn Jeff, looks good! How thick is the spacer?
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

In Charge
    Damn Jeff, looks good! How thick is the spacer?
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

That looks pretty think. Did you have to increase the bolt length to close it?

Sorry for the size of the pics.

The spacer is 3/8" thick. And I did have to use longer bolts to bolt everything back together. I have a bucket of metric bolts from my racing days to chose from.

The spacers and heat shield dont really add Hp, they just let the motor run like it's 50 degrees out all the time. So it is very apparent on hot days that the motor as much more pep and responsiveness.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Re: Phenolic Heat Shield Spacers-Intake Manifold

Originally posted by speedybenz
    Below is the pic of the phenolic heat shield spacer I machined to fit between my intake manifold and cylinder head.

I did not take a pic of the reflective heat shield blanket that fits in the space between the cylinders.

This isa pic of my new dual exhaust system. You can see the dual pipes and only one muffler just aft of the cats. Also see the one hideous bend on the right pipe about midway to the bumper.

Jeff, do you still have the pictures of the spacers you made? Or, if anyone can post the pictures, it would be much appreciated. THANKS!