Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much did you spend on exterior mods?

noo, i did not, i am going there on saturday to replace my mirrors, since w203 dont work and ill c it then, do u also buy stuff from there ??
    btw i once saw a s500 guard there being chopped up, and a beutifull SL fab desighn body kit, white did u c it ?
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

Originally posted by sorbo
    tell me that includes the car
    nope thats not including the car. i am on my 3rd set of rims on this car. and i know i could have bought a new c class with the money that i spent on my car, but i want all my cars that i have to stand out!!! its just who i am IT HAS TO BE UNIQUE!!!

Originally posted by jstrat85
    IT HAS TO BE UNIQUE!!!
    Same here! but i dont wanna spend that much money..
    1997 C280 Sport

Spring Master
    Springs - 200
    Shox - 300
    eyelids - 80
    blinking folding mirrors - 500

mods
    rims:1800
    clear corners:35
    xenon: 300
    chroom shift boot:10
    paint gril black:10
    dual exuast:75
    lowering kit:240
    slotted rotors:150
    ice:1200
    repairs:
    new master computer:2500
    mas:400
    new keys:150
    new injectors 650
    fuel pump:150
    ac unit :600
    so its pretty even you can say between mods and repairs
    but i just love this car

jstrat in stead of wikked 202 on the license plate you should put $$aint a thing!!! thats a lot of money to spent on a car but i mean in my opinion to see the result you have its damn worth it man keep it up!! or should i say keep spending!!

some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

my plate would be "deutchegeldengrube"

tp is how hard is it to install the folding mirrors, and were did u put there switch...plus were do u wire your blinking mirrors too
    and jstrat how much did that turbo set u back ?
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

Originally posted by Abuimad
    noo, i did not, i am going there on saturday to replace my mirrors, since w203 dont work and ill c it then, do u also buy stuff from there ??
    btw i once saw a s500 guard there being chopped up, and a beutifull SL fab desighn body kit, white did u c it ?
    i might pass by there in a couple of days too, looking for an engine...(don't ask it big and gonna be custom)

yeah i asked him if he can get me a c36 or a c43 engine, to my car, and he never answered back..wonder how hard it is to change the whole engine ?

Originally posted by Abuimad
    yeah i asked him if he can get me a c36 or a c43 engine, to my car, and he never answered back..wonder how hard it is to change the whole engine ?
    the install is very hard to acomplish without having a complete nose cut. the elecetrics are very tricky too. i have a professional garage that does this work. its not for the faint hearted. labor costs is in the $1700 and parts in the $3000-$5000 range.

1st set of rims: 1400, 2nd set of rims: 2k
    lowering kit: 550, Hagus mirrors: 300
    W210 mirrors: 350, Grilles: 200, Ambers: 30, Clear corners: 20, Eyelids: 15, HIDs: 300, WALD: 150
    Eurotrunk: 25, Spoiler under my bed: 150
    Brabus Bumper soon to be bought
    Club202 stickers: 7 or 15 i forget...

jstrat how much did that turbo set u back ? [/B][/QUOTE]

the turbo kit coast me over 3gs and i still have to do a piggy back ecu

abu...

how bout installing all your mods and posting some pix bro...

excited to see your modified ride ...

and interested in 500 buck bixenons...post pix...maybe you can get your guy to ship

---------------
    95 Lorinser C280: silver on black leather and burlwood with full Lorinser kit, Dunlop LM 235/40/18 on LM1 rims, lorinser door sills, race pedals, door pins, and sport gauges, bilstein sports susp. with eibach, remus exhaust, avantgarde grill, blinking mirrors

97 AMG SLK 230 Kompressor: silver on red/black leather & carbon fiber, with full amg kit, Dunlop LM 235/40/18 on SL 55 style rims, SL grill, AMG illuminated door sills and door pins

02 A160 Avantgarde: silver on grey leather/fabric, Contisport 215/45/17 on AMG mono IV

on friday im geting my car painted, and im installing the lip, getting it lowered, and installing the w210 mirrors, the bixenon im waiting to have a break of uni and ill install them with the bodykit, maybe in 2 weeks time tops
    as for getting my guy to ship i can buy whatever you want and ill ship them for you, but the thing is, you will end up paying aloooot for shipment, but if any of you guys want im ready to buy and ship whatever you need
    ill even provide phone numbers to him so that you can call him and negotiate prices and stuff
    here in lebanon we may not have all the mods and accesories as people in the states have, but we have cheap and really talended labour and the occasional chop shop

c whats the best sorta price for some c36/c43 brake rotors and calipers? for yourself and for me
    -Logan-

Heres my mod list and $$ spent.

1st set of suspension, H&R sport springs - $250
    2nd set of suspension, Eibach prokit with Bilstein sport shocks - $650

1st set of wheels, 17" AMG monoblocks, $1500
    2nd set of wheels, 19" AMG CL 5 spokes, $3000 with tires.
    3rd set of wheels, 18" Brabus monoblock V 1 piece- $2000+change
    4th set of wheels, 19" Brabus monoblock V multipiece - $5000 w/ tires
    5th set of wheels, 20" Startech (Brabus monoblock III's)

1st exhaust- Lorinser exhaust -$900
    2nd exhaust- Brabus exhaust - $800

Brabus LED puddle lights - MSRP $80 a light - 8 lights total

AMG/Brembo 4-pot BBK -$800

Full Wald W202 body kit, paint and custom StarShield - $2500
    Carbon Fiber Hood - $500
    Avant garde Grill- $100

Clear Corners- $100
    Xenon/HID kit- $300

1st head Unit- Alpine Cd player $400
    2nd head unit- Panasonic CD player Ghost face -$350
    3rd head unit- Pioneer Avic N2 - $1500

1st set of subs- two 12" Alpine subs and Alpine V12 amp (dont remember what I paid)
    2nd set of subs- two 12" Rockford Fosgate DVC with Rockford amp, (dont remember what I paid)
    3rd set of subs- two 12" JL W3 V2's with 1000W Soundstream amp (dont remember $$)

Rieger front add on lip, that I never used - $225
    Rieger roof spoiler - $150 + paint?

My cars never finished, its always a working progress. Next I plan to upgrade my S/C pulley with the Brabus K3 kit. Full Brabus interior, new wheels, and hopefully I can get my hands on a Brabus kit front and rear. I am also going to redo my system again and if I get some more $$$, maybe a custom widebody?

Thats all I can think of right now, Im always changing this or that. I'll probably roll around like this for a little bit longer and change it up again sooner or later. I get bored and tired of mods very quickly and always like a new look. I know I should have just bought a C43 to start with and do all this stuff, but I bought this car as my beater and now im in too deep.
    Uber 202

MikeL,

DANGG you spent 10k on RIMS!

Whats a StarShield? What kind od HID you got and for 300?!?!?

I want a WALD kit!!
    1997 C280 Sport

Originally posted by 97C28O
    MikeL,

DANGG you spent 10k on RIMS!

Whats a StarShield? What kind od HID you got and for 300?!?!?

I want a WALD kit!!
    StarShield is a company in Irwindale that custom did my front end of the car with the clear plastic 3M film.

HIDs goto http://www.xenonpros.com/
    Uber 202

great abu,

can't wait to see your car "modified"

mikeL...

just wondering what made you move down to 18's from 19's then back again ...and now dubs...rubbing probs? performance?

I have 18's on and sometimes as I'm walking to my car from afar I can't help but think they're too small =)

we're never satisfied are we =)

---------------
    95 Lorinser C280: silver on black leather and burlwood with full Lorinser kit, Dunlop LM 235/40/18 on LM1 rims, lorinser door sills, race pedals, door pins, and sport gauges, bilstein sports susp. with eibach, remus exhaust, avantgarde grill, blinking mirrors

97 AMG SLK 230 Kompressor: silver on red/black leather & carbon fiber, with full amg kit, Dunlop LM 235/40/18 on SL 55 style rims, SL grill, AMG illuminated door sills and door pins

02 A160 Avantgarde: silver on grey leather/fabric, Contisport 215/45/17 on AMG mono IV

Originally posted by MikeL
    Full Wald W202 body kit, paint and custom StarShield - $2500
    ....where did you get a deal like that?
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

Originally posted by GPReyes
    great abu,

can't wait to see your car "modified"

mikeL...

just wondering what made you move down to 18's from 19's then back again ...and now dubs...rubbing probs? performance?

I have 18's on and sometimes as I'm walking to my car from afar I can't help but think they're too small =)

we're never satisfied are we =)
    No particualr reason. I put those 19" AMGs on our CLK55. I just got bored of the look and wanted new wheels. 20" fit, but offset and tire size either makes it or breaks it. I also rolled, cut, dremeled, and flared out the fenders as much as I could without having to repaint the panels. My car is SLAMMMED and I only get rubbing when I have 2 passengers in the car. And when it does rub, its rubbing on plastic, nothing serious, just a little annoying to hear. When I am by myself or with only 1 person, its fine.
    Uber 202

Originally posted by !!!!!NJ Drive
    ....where did you get a deal like that?
    I got hooked up. When I ordered my kit, we did like a GB and ordered a 5 kits from WALD. Not all W202, it was a mix and match of different models so we all could get better pricing. A while back, I posted all this stuff on here, some people were interested but never threw up the $$$ for it. So, I went on and found other people and got it going. My friend owns a bodyshop, so for paint and body work he gives me good prices. I also got a partial sponsorship from Starshield. That is around what I paid, but I know some peeps.
    Uber 202

Originally posted by MikeL
    HIDs goto http://www.xenonpros.com/
    Do these HID just replace your current harness? And how do you know which to get?

And sorry to ask... but whats Bi-Xenon? is it like a halogen and HID or something..
    1997 C280 Sport

bixenon is getting a xenon low beam and high beam, as oppose to just a xenon high beam or just a xenon low beam
    and damn getting ur car sponsered really saves u a lot of bucks dosent it

OG Moderator

Re: How much did you spend on exterior mods?

Originally posted by 97C28O

-Kit - 1st - Complete Rieger w/ molded rear and w/ AMG C36 skirt = $700; 2nd - BRABUS front and AMG C36 rear - $450
    -Rims - $1800 18'' BRABUS Mono V, 2nd - Free 19" ADR Mesh
    -Brakes - $200 portifields pads & stock rotors
    -Lights - none
    -Exhaust - $250 BRABUS

No REPLICA parts!!!!! WooHoo, I have been amazingly lucky finding authentic parts for dirt cheap. I just payed for my Authentic AMG C36 rear yesterday, Brand Spanking for a low low low price of $250. Thanks Europimp!!!!!!
    Got BRABUS?