Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much did you spend on exterior mods?

Originally posted by Abuimad
    bixenon is getting a xenon low beam and high beam, as oppose to just a xenon high beam or just a xenon low beam
    and damn getting ur car sponsered really saves u a lot of bucks dosent it
    OH cool, so if i wanted to get a HID Kit i would need to get BIXENON?
    1997 C280 Sport

Originally posted by 97C28O
    OH cool, so if i wanted to get a HID Kit i would need to get BIXENON?
    No, it wouldnt do anything and Bi-xenon costs about $120-150 more than the normal kit. You only buy a Bi-xenon if your High, lows, or fogs share the same bulb. its basically a dual filament bulb for xenons. The W202 uses an H7 for the lows, H1 for fogs, I dont remember the high beam size, but it is not the same as either. I put a HID kit on my friends G35 coupe and his foglights and high beams used the same bulb, so i ordered the Bi-xenon so his fogs/highs were also xenon. Buy a standard H7 kit and you'll be set.
    Uber 202

OG Moderator
    If I were you I would stay away from the BiXenon kit that uses dual fillament in the bulb....

As the long term durability is not guaranteed.

Think about it xenon bulb doesn't have a filament.
    The when the 2 electrode in the bulb powered up the inert (Xenon) gas inside will get hot and emit bright white light.

And these process take sometime, it take couple second to charge up real Xenon bulb. Hence you will see that Xenon headlight is a dimmer for the first couple second compare to halogen when its first powered up.

The true Bi-Xenon headlight that is used by known Automobile manufacture, such as BMW, MB, Audi, Bentley, Porsche etc has the 1 single bulb in the low beam housing. (just light regular xenon unit), However the reflector unit change position (when you flip the high beam switch) which cause different angle to project the light at higher angle....

Also keep in mind in the W202 headlight housing (xenon headlight unit and halogen unit) have their low beam projector engineered to reflect the light at certain angle (the correct angle for low beam pattern). If you put more light into this reflector it will not cause the beam pattern to change (from low beam to high beam)...

So you see, it is pointless to put more light on this low beam reflector..as it won't do you any good..

If you want to get Xenon get the OEM, (if you search this website, you will see many of us had learned the hardway getting HID retrofit (ballast and bulb) into halogen housing and resulted in poor control of lightning (blinding the oncoming motoris) and un-focussed light pattern...

Hope this helps.

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

Yea i saw that some of the 202er's had retro fitted ones. I would go the OEM Bekkers one but thats a little pricey!(which was my first choice) Thought I could save some money but I'll think about that later.
    1997 C280 Sport

by any chance anyone that has any extra bodykit for sale?? man...im sooo cheap...
    Cheers!
    Anak Melayu
    1995 C220
    HOHO got my 18\'s already! 1st step in Modding
    Avantgarde grille
    Rear spoiler
    Roof spoiler

this may be a repeat questio but what is the difference between bekkers and oem retrofit xenons? do they both come with rape lights? or the self level vacuums? or city lights? besides the three I just listed are there any other sort of options that headlights can have? that we can retro fit?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

Originally posted by KenzBenz
    1st set of rims: 1400, 2nd set of rims: 2k
    lowering kit: 550, Hagus mirrors: 300
    W210 mirrors: 350, Grilles: 200, Ambers: 30, Clear corners: 20, Eyelids: 15, HIDs: 300, WALD: 150
    Eurotrunk: 25, Spoiler under my bed: 150
    Brabus Bumper soon to be bought
    Club202 stickers: 7 or 15 i forget...
    what did you get that was wald for $150...bodykit?!? & where did you get a euro trunk for $25
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

haha, its not the whole kit, i wish! its just the front bumper, the eurotrunk i got from big davvveee (mbatf) hehe well they are cheap for a reason, its because they need some working on.