Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WALD kit w/fogs

Originally posted by solodough
    not to mention blinking mirrors, custom paint, and i aint got headlight wipers nor do i live in japan
    lool, well its hard to tell u keep sending us small pics

how about a rear shot (of the car) and some interior pics
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

more pics and bigger......
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport, 197
    The modding has started. Too many to list. Stay Tuned.

solodough - your car is soooo sweet. It makes me want to buy another 202 and get the wald kit I have out back fitted!

I hate being poor at the mo!

solodough, does the front bumper of the WALD kit stick out like alot? Any measurements??
    1997 C280 Sport

Originally posted by 97C28O
    solodough, does the front bumper of the WALD kit stick out like alot? Any measurements??
    front doesn't stick out more than stock, i think the shape helps creates that illusion.

front doesn't stick out more than stock, i think the shape helps creates that illusion.
    Yea, in the picture it looks like it sticks out like A LOT IMO... do you have any side pics of your car??
    1997 C280 Sport

no it dosent stick out more than the stock check the pics out on page 2 and ull c what im talking about..this thing is purrrrrrrrfect
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

Originally posted by frankthetank_86
    has anyone tried getting a WALD kit from these guys, they have pretty good pricing on the kits.

www.memoryfab.com

800+ just for the kit and then a couple more hundred for the FOGS.
    Yes, this seems to be the cheapest place to get a Wald kit that I have seen so far. 840 is listed on their website and after calling they said 280 for shipping, so 1120 plus tax and it's yours. Yes, paint and install will be extra. The person I spoke with, David, seemed very interested and mentioned various additional w202 parts including headlights, tails, etc.

For payment he said 50 percent deposit. Then it would take approx. two weeks to make the kit and about a month and a half to have it shipped over. So about two months once you place your order.

While this is a cheaper place to purchase the kit, I don't think anyone has done prior business with them that can vouch. Also, I know people have good experience with other shops. I am considereing this shop as it is the cheapest by far for a new complete NON-Replica Wald kit, but would still have to find a shop for paint and install.

Does anyone have any recommendations for shops that would just do paint and install, and if so where are they located and how much would this kit cost?

Originally posted by JDoggery
    Does anyone have any recommendations for shops that would just do paint and install, and if so where are they located and how much would this kit cost?
    The kit from Topline was listed in the first post. They will also paint and install. But if you want to get it painted and install, there is this place where my friend got his BMW fixed in SF. It's called Unique Automotives @ 240 6th Street, San Francisco CA 94103. P:415-861-2828 But their called Bee's Automotives now..
    1997 C280 Sport

http://www.wald.co.jp/

wald, based in osaka is still selling the kits for around the same price as the above website. if this is the case, there would be NO mark up and makes one think they're replicas (?) hope not.

http://www.wald.co.jp/

wald, based in osaka is still selling the kits for around the same price as the above website. if this is the case, there would be NO mark up and makes one think they're replicas (?) hope not.
    That is true mostly, but then you have to consider shipping. Plus shops here will mark up the kit or say that shipping is more expensive to make it look like it is more expensive. We all know that every shop wants to make money, it's just a matter of how much they will mark it up when they sell it to you.

Originally posted by JDoggery
    That is true mostly, but then you have to consider shipping. Plus shops here will mark up the kit or say that shipping is more expensive to make it look like it is more expensive. We all know that every shop wants to make money, it's just a matter of how much they will mark it up when they sell it to you.
    add shipping to the base price as stated above and condsider the shop selling the kit at a loss. if it dont make dollars, it dont make sense.