Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Speedybenz On Board

C55 Charter Member
    BTW, Jeff (or anyone who knows). Are the camber arms suitable for use on a W210? Someone was asking me.
    -thanx

Yes the Camber Arms will fit W210 and W211. I have made some 30 Camber Arm kits for W210's.

I just ned to know what yearand engine size.

Thanks Steve,

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

i met up w/ jeff a couple years back and bought some rear camber arms for my c43, which worked out very nicely. Now, my front tires are shot. Has he made any simple front camber arms for the front of the C43? Please let me know. Thanks for the help. If he has any, I'd like to get them on my car before I put on some new rubber. I got 19's on the car and tires are pricey.

C55 Charter Member
    Nope, Camber in the front isn't adjustable via a link arm on these cars. All you can do is buy the Camber Bolt Kits from the MB dealership (like $15 or $20) to give you a tiny bit more adjustability on the bottom arm; get two and replace both bolts for slightly more adjustability. (I'm doing that on my problem right front)

sorry for bringing up an old thread, but was just wondering if anyone using this kit has issues with the rod ends/heim joints. (like becoming loose or worn)
    1996 C36 AMG - stock
    1995 850 Turbowagon

Steve,

The rod ends do wear, but they do so very slowly. In the last couple of years I have only had a request for 1 set of rod ends by a member of this board.

But the rod ends bearings like all bearings will wear out at some time.

If you are getting some noise in the back check to make sure your shock bolts are tight and that the upper nut and washer have not compressed the rubber shock bushing to the point where the large washer is hiting the bushing cup over bumps. It makes a rattling noise.

Also the rear subframe bushings if worn out will to the same thing.

Be sure to check the rear swaybar bolts and make sure they are tight too.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

C55 Charter Member
    Jeff? Is that you???! ...lol Thanx for the valuable info.

I've been away a long time myself; the whole fall & winter actually (needed to go cold turkey from automotive message boards to break the habit). Now that I want to start driving the C43 again, I need to give you a call about some things. I'll talk to you in a few days hoping.

-steve

thanks jeff.

no this is for my wagon, the rod ends on my swaybar end-links look very similar to those on the adjustable links on the pics you posted. something in the suspension's developed noise after a track day, i have yet to get back under the car. but previous track day i broke the end-link at the rod ends (different type, which, btw, no front sway bar makes for a fun day at the track hahahaha). just wondering about the wear on those beefier rod ends.
    1996 C36 AMG - stock
    1995 850 Turbowagon