Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cupkit? Coil Over?

CKlasse
    exactly... thats why you have to make sure your camber angle is within MB's spec. Stock ones can move -+o,3.

CKlasse,

I forgot that the stock shocks have some very long bump rubbers under the dust cover and your car now is most likely almost sitting on them which causes the total spring rates to be much higher.

Your car might ride better if you pull the shocks off and remove the upper plastic dust cover. Then cut about 1" off the BOTTOM of the bump rubber and remove it. You can remove the bump rubber off the shaft which makes cutting it easier.

Put the top back on the shock, shock back in the car and GO!.

If it is still too rough trim another inch off.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

CKlasse
    Originally posted by speedybenz
    Your car might ride better if you pull the shocks off and remove the upper plastic dust cover. Then cut about 1" off the BOTTOM of the bump rubber and remove it. You can remove the bump rubber off the shaft which makes cutting it easier.
    Speedybenz,

Hey, how are you doing? Thanks for the follow-ups, I have a few setbacks on the kit. The ride smoothness is "ok," however, when I put it up on lift today, 1 of the springs is out of place - the top coil actually envelope the 'hold down collar' of the kit. I need to make them THICKER. I think I am going back to the drawing table.

Yes, I removed the upper sleeves/dust cover, otherwise I couldn't install them. I am trying to make this as simple as possible.. I am thinking about making a better kit that goes on the bottom of the springs instead.

Moreover, I wish I still have my digi cam (all i have is web cam )... perhaps you could see what I did wrong. I need to get a new one soon.

The Project is being held up by the 'suspension' and 'vacuum leak.' Nevertheless, things do progress! I will need few 'insights' from those who have rebuilt a c220 motor. After rebuilding, a T3 turbo is in order... although I have no idea how to fit an intercooler in the engine bay - nor do I have any info on the 'adaptive' capability of the ECM. Finally, I am gonna do exterior/interior at the very last.

So many things to do.. so limited time.. .. & $$

NOW.. mr.speedybenz and the those who complaint about Off Camber Angle... Would you be interested in custom 'tubular lower control arms'? I know I can't expect any commitments, but if there is interests, at least I could expect sharing the 'R&D' cost with you

CKlasse,

I will be happy to rework your cylinder head in exchange for the lower arms.

I can port and shape the intake and exhaust ports. Plus I would want the cams to measure up and the pistons and head gasket.

I am a very good engine builder and am dying to do some Mercedes work.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

CKlasse
    Jeff

Are we serious? Where do you live? Do you have the tools & facility? What other motors have you done? That would be great, man!

Do you know where I could get forged parts or cylinder sleeves? I might as well go all the way.

Now, is your lower arm exactly the same as my 1995 C220?

Let me know