Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me what you think of my car and my new wheels!!

Tell me what you think of my car and my new wheels!!

Hey guys tell me what you think about my C43 with the new wheels I put on it !!

CLICK THIS, MY CARDOMAIN SITE

OG Moderator
    looks nice.. although I do hate white cars!.. but other then that lookin hot.. just gotta drop the ride.. sits way too high!
    love the interior on the c43.. 2 tone seats rock!
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Absolutely stunning, slam the hell out of it and you've got the perfect ride.

I'm a real fan of white W202, they are rare in UK as they get dirty too quickly.

Great choice of rims too.

That looks like a C43 4-matic... definately in need of a drop. Looks good though, C43's in white are really rare!!

Looks great, definitely needs to be dropped, and IMNTBHO, you should pick either the upright star, or the star grill - both is a bit redundant. :0)

If your parents paid for it, it ain\'t yours!
    My EP Benz - HoP Supercharged/MBenzNL on Board
    MySpace/Josh Keaton Music

In Charge

Looks like your front wheel sticks out too far. If you lower it, it will rub for sure.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Originally posted by Denlasoul

Looks like your front wheel sticks out too far. If you lower it, it will rub for sure.
    :werd:
    1997 C280 Sport

replicas.
    2007 FJ Cuiser
    2003 E55 AMG

Replicas mono VI's and K104's baby. Personally, I wouldnt put anything replica on my car, not to mention on an AMG model. I think those tires are not sufficient for the power the car has. That C43 must be crying inside.
    Uber 202

MeanC43 wrote on 12-08-2005 03:38 AM:
    Yup, they are Mono Replicas. And yea they are K104's. Gosh ya know what, if I had the $5,000 for Authentic Brabus wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport tires then I would have gotten them. Im all about upgrading cars the right way, and since the little Brabus imprint on authentic wheels doesnt make any difference what so ever, I thought I'de save myself $3,000. Im a 20 year old college student.... and I dont think im doin to bad with my (Pristine) C43 with 19's. So either your jealous, or your just an asshole. Which one is it? What do you drive?
    Sorry, Im just an a$$hole. Im sure you would feel the same if you bought authentic Brabus mono VI's. Im on my second set of 19" authentic Brabus multipiece wheels. I had 19" V's before and now I have VI's. These wheels retail at around 1500-1800 a wheel, Yes it is frustrating when people buy knock offs for $1000 or so a set and put Brabus caps in them when they are not real rims trying to front them as reals. Thats just as bad as badging a non AMG car as an AMG. And plus you have a C43, why would you do such a thing? What does it matter what I drive, my 202 is my shittiest car I have and its my beater, yes its C230 Kompressor, do you see me trying to say its an AMG? You probably bought your car used and next to nothing anyways, Ive spent more on modding my cars then what your C43 costs brand new. I could care less about your 4.3L motor, its already bored out to the max, the cylinder wall is so thin you cant do anything to that motor, why do you think so many of the C43er's are going with the 55 swaps. If you're all about doing it the right way, then you wouldnt have gotten those made in China wheels. I also have a CLK55 as well as an S54 powered BMW. What am I jealous about, your FRABUS wheels? FYI, I am only several years older than you are, so dont feel too special about your used pristine C43, Now go put your Moven/Monet caps back in.
    Uber 202

wtf poor peeps

edit: TP chime in nukka.
    2007 FJ Cuiser
    2003 E55 AMG

DAAMN that was a hell of a responce mike L
    true you save 3000 when you buy a replica, but you can never compare it to the real thing, no the difference is not just a brabus imprint, the difference is much more than that...A) the material used to make the rimms, in a frabus u may hit a bad pot hole and ull rimm will bend or break, the original brabus rimms are much stronger and tougher and more resistant to bending than the frabus..B) the paint dosent just peel of, and the rimms never rust on a Brabus, i saw a replica here were the inside of the rimm the paint was peeling off...C) you are buying a rimm from a very reputable brand, so you know if anything happens the rimms would propably never be blamed since the ammount of engineering and precision craftsmanship that those rimms encounter are incredible
    this is comming from a guy who is considering a replica Brabus rimms....but i have it in my mind that i wont keep the frabus's on for a long time, in other words its just a temporary solution...also i would never bragg about my replicas..since they are replicas
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

Does it really matter that they are replicas? The only thing that matters is that they look good on the car. I happen to have real brabus wheels, and guess what...they aren't full proof and have bent one. Sure they may be lighter, but if you look at the cost aspect, it's not even worth it. So, he may have replicas, but he also has an entra 3-4g's sitting in the bank by not buying originals. Let's face it, some of us may have "somewhat" performance machines, but driving around on the normal roads every day we'll never (or rarely) need to push our vehicles to the limit (especially in a C43) to where it really will matter.

His wheels look great replicas or not.

Rather than constantly badgering others on this board for stupid performance crap" I think we should embrace that there are other benz enthusiasts.

Originally posted by The LO C
    Does it really matter that they are replicas? The only thing that matters is that they look good on the car. I happen to have real brabus wheels, and guess what...they aren't full proof and have bent one. Sure they may be lighter, but if you look at the cost aspect, it's not even worth it. So, he may have replicas, but he also has an entra 3-4g's sitting in the bank by not buying originals. Let's face it, some of us may have "somewhat" performance machines, but driving around on the normal roads every day we'll never (or rarely) need to push our vehicles to the limit (especially in a C43) to where it really will matter.

His wheels look great replicas or not.

Rather than constantly badgering others on this board for stupid performance crap" I think we should embrace that there are other benz enthusiasts.
    I concur

C55 Charter Member

Re: Tell me what you think of my car and my new wheels!!

Originally posted by MeanC43
    Hey guys tell me what you think about my C43 with the new wheels I put on it !!
    Looks so much better then stock AMGs on your car. Nice!

C55 Charter Member
    Originally posted by MikeL
    Im sure you would feel the same if you bought authentic Brabus mono VI's. Im on my second set of 19" authentic Brabus multipiece wheels. I had 19" V's before and now I have VI's. These wheels retail at around 1500-1800 a wheel, Yes it is frustrating when people buy knock offs for $1000 or so a set and put Brabus caps in them when they are not real rims trying to front them as reals.
    myself, after I've bent countless AMG rims, and bent 4 front =real= Monoblock VIs and 2 rears, and getting about $55 from the recycler for the $5000 or so I spent on them, I think anyone who saves money buying replicas to be "smarter then me"...

dont get me wrong im not talking down to any one, hes got the rimms i want and the engine i need , so y should i badger him ?, what i said was only my opinion(replicas are only a temp solution, u wanna pimp ur car out, do it original), and lo c i do drive my car to the limit (its a 230 if i dont do that i will never get to were i wanna go ontime)
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

Thanks JazK, TheLoC, C55M890

I definetely dont push my car to the limits, Its an everyday driver. And It doesnt get entered in shows or anything like that. So I spent $2,000 on Replica wheels. The $3,000 that I saved can go toward my tuition, so in the future I will be able to afford the more expensive things in life. Thanks JazK ,TheLoC, and C55M80 for backing me up. This is wierd for me to defend "replica" wheels because up intill this car I have had an E36 M3, and I made sure that I got the authentic 19" AC Schnitzer wheels, and DINAN engine upgrades. But now my money situatiuon is tight with my apartment, College, and everything that comes with moving out. So, Dont get me wrong, im not saying my 202 is better than anyone elses so dont feel threatened, I just like the wheels even if they arent Real Brabus.
    And by the way I dont have Brabus Center caps MikeL"oser"

Re: Thanks JazK, TheLoC, C55M890

Originally posted by MeanC43
    I definetely dont push my car to the limits, Its an everyday driver. And It doesnt get entered in shows or anything like that. So I spent $2,000 on Replica wheels. The $3,000 that I saved can go toward my tuition, so in the future I will be able to afford the more expensive things in life. Thanks JazK ,TheLoC, and C55M80 for backing me up. This is wierd for me to defend "replica" wheels because up intill this car I have had an E36 M3, and I made sure that I got the authentic 19" AC Schnitzer wheels, and DINAN engine upgrades. But now my money situatiuon is tight with my apartment, College, and everything that comes with moving out. So, Dont get me wrong, im not saying my 202 is better than anyone elses so dont feel threatened, I just like the wheels even if they arent Real Brabus.
    And by the way I dont have Brabus Center caps MikeL"oser"
    You're so cool man, did you come up with that yourself? If you paid 2g's, you over paid. I could have gotten you the same wheels/tires for roughly about $4-500 cheaper, thats about the cost for springs and install. For spending $2000 on those wheels and tires, you should be rolling on MPS, S03's, sportmax, GY EF1 or something of that caliber. For that price the shop you went to should have at least given you some T1R's. They got you good.
    Uber 202

Originally posted by c55m8o
    myself, after I've bent countless AMG rims, and bent 4 front =real= Monoblock VIs and 2 rears, and getting about $55 from the recycler for the $5000 or so I spent on them, I think anyone who saves money buying replicas to be "smarter then me"...
    If you bend/break that many wheels, I think you need to pay a little more attention to the road surfaces and drive/avoid things like pot holes and slow down for R/R tracks, etc. If you know how to drive, bending/breaking wheels isnt really an issue. Of course theres always exceptions to the unavoidable, but bending countless #'s of wheels?
    Uber 202

Just rounded to the nearest Thou, I paid $900 for the wheels, 162 for rear tires and 152 for front..... thats $1,528.

as long as they look good and you're happy with it, who cares how much you paid for them.

Originally posted by KenzBenz
    as long as they look good and you're happy with it, who cares how much you paid for them.
    my thoughts exactly...
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

Originally posted by KenzBenz
    Exactly... I mean.. would some people even notice they're authentic or reps if they're looking far away or even up close.
    1997 C280 Sport

C55 Charter Member
    Originally posted by MikeL
    If you bend/break that many wheels, I think you need to pay a little more attention to the road surfaces and drive/avoid things like pot holes and slow down for R/R tracks, etc. If you know how to drive, bending/breaking wheels isnt really an issue. Of course theres always exceptions to the unavoidable, but bending countless #'s of wheels?
    as much as I hate to admit it ... exactly. I gotta learn to watch the closest 100 feet of road conditions as much as I do the others on the road or upcoming turns, and react instead of just go over it as I do in my jeep or all the other cars I've had. ...especially now with the speedybenz suspension.