Thread: Anyone have an extra grille frame laying around?

Anyone have an extra grille frame laying around?

Thinking about doing a black grille....

Anyone have an extra frame laying around?

Thanks in advance,

George

I would like to do the same also. I was wondering do you guys paint just the chrome sections(frame and strips) or the whole thing including the black plastic section? I just thought you guys don't paint the plastic section because it has tight spots and plus I think the paint wouldn't stick right.

Most of the ones I have seen have been done with the avantgarde (s600 style) grille insert.

This has a gloss black ribbing in it, not like the faded grey plastic that the OEM grille has.

So, the end result ends up all gloss black anyway.

Jstrat85's car has that done. I dont know if he sprayed the whole grille or just the strips, but there is a thread with a bunch of pics of his car in the members gallery.

That's what Im planning to do as well, so it will end up all gloss black as well.

Take care,

George

ahh,
    the previous owner of my car did that to the pastic backing in white. looks pretty good with a white car.

Re: Anyone have an extra grille frame laying around?

Originally posted by Androulakis
    Thinking about doing a black grille....

Anyone have an extra frame laying around?

Thanks in advance,

George
    I have one!

silver 1998 AMG c43 to C55 convert(293whp/307lbft TQ) ,1999 M3,1995 400 whp eagle Talon Tsi AWD,94 BMW 325i to M332i(M3)conversion

What are you looking to get for it?

email me, geoandroulakis@gmail.com

Take care,

George

With my grill I bought an s600 insert then I took out all the chrome strips and I sanded them down with sand paper to make the paint stick then I painted the hole grill all over again and then glossed it and put it back together. Now IM getting ready to paint mine door handles and all my moldings.

and also i like the s600 grill 100X times better than the stock grill!

Originally posted by jstrat85
    With my grill I bought an s600 insert then I took out all the chrome strips and I sanded them down with sand paper to make the paint stick then I painted the hole grill all over again and then glossed it and put it back together. Now IM getting ready to paint mine door handles and all my moldings.

and also i like the s600 grill 100X times better than the stock grill!
    Nice ! Where in NY are you?

silver 1998 AMG c43 to C55 convert(293whp/307lbft TQ) ,1999 M3,1995 400 whp eagle Talon Tsi AWD,94 BMW 325i to M332i(M3)conversion

Queens, Astoria. me, you and Steve have to meet up and take PICS together! when the weather gets better on a Saturday

So what you guys are saying is that the S600 grill fits into where our grill goes?What about S500?I guess I can do a junk yard search for a grill but what year and model do I look for?Anybody have pics of our stock grill painted black?

The real s600 grille doesnt.

A bunch of companies, and mercedes itself sells an s600 style grille insert that replaces our stock one.

I got mine on ebay, search for w202 s600 grille and you will find them

Take care,

George