Thread: To replica or not to replica

To replica or not to replica

damn i love the look of these wheels.....

BUT, its this shot which throws everything out of whack

i dont care if it reps or real but the fact that they look too real if you dont look well enough...dont want to be a poser
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

nah i dont think u should..i dont care if what i have are real or not..but the fact that the rimms WILL sayy Garsson....nah...ull be the laughing stock of a lot of ppl (ne 1 will...its like some ppl here have AMD rimms...they never hear the end of it)
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

Originally posted by Abuimad
    nah i dont think u should..i dont care if what i have are real or not..but the fact that the rimms WILL sayy Garsson....nah...ull be the laughing stock of a lot of ppl (ne 1 will...its like some ppl here have AMD rimms...they never hear the end of it)
    thats what i was thinking...

lol @ AMD
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

real thing man... better to have real later than reps sooner, in the long run it will eat at you
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

"Garsson" hahaha

Man, thats funny!

if it was spinning, you would never be able to tell Garsson from Carlsson

get a dremel and you might be able to sneak an "L" to say Garlsson

rollinrealbig
    ohh give him a break ... maybe it was a typo ?

LMAO

You could just strip the wheels, fill in the text, and re-paint. They are goood looking wheels.
    1996.5 C280 Sport - Special Order Beryll Blue/Parchment
    1984 300D Turbodiesel - Orient Red/Palomino Tex
    1993 Volvo 244 - Sky Blue Met./Blue
    1985 Volvo 245 Turbo - Rosewood Met./Tan

http://www.cbs.nu/
    http://www.fieri.org/
    http://www.fabprefab.com/

Originally posted by C Sport 6
    You could just strip the wheels, fill in the text, and re-paint. They are goood looking wheels.
    OR u could get some better replicas and keep on looking or maybe save ur money for secound hand originals.....
    painting and filling in the text and stuff seems pretty far out...save ur money and keep ur eyes open for some good rimms
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

those wheels look sweet, and if thats all you can afford instead of the real ones go for it man. i would, but maby im a cheap ass.
    but i could guarantee that the only people who would know the difference in wheels would be the ppl on this forum, you would never meet anyone in peson that would go wow what a rip off.
    thats my oppinion any way man
    -Logan-

Maybe you can get a cheap Chinese knock off Mercedes made by Chery to mount the Garssons on. For example, here is the Chery Geely Merie - notice any "influence" from the W203?

lo0oo0o0o0o0o0o0llll and i the 203 in a showroom for real!!!

btw, u can find replicas that says AMG Carlsson, etc... of course they're illegal, but they do exist...

iced i think they exist only in leb, i saw countless AMG rimms (the 2 spoke ones on the new sl65, in 17 and 18 inches) that were replicas i saw lorinsers, and a fab desighn all with the logo imprinted on them
    and the geely do look ridiculous, i keep seeing them and laughing..

rollinrealbig
    that geely thing ... so how much did MB make off of sueing them for copying ?

damn shit looks like a Geo Metra!

.... but those Geely rims, those would be nice for my Go-Kart!

what are they like 12"s ?

well mercedes has to get in line to sue them...they are currently being sued by honda for doing a car like the CRV, and mitsubishi for using there wheelbase...
    geely i think copies car from many major companies...mercedes, honda, mitsubishi and toyota

HUA.....HA..HA...HA... those Garsson & chinese cars make my day I heard on the news they will start selling here in the US by September for less than $10G.
    BTW.....I like those wheels, I will consider it if it doesn't have the
    Garsson thing on it...just plain.

rollinrealbig
    I dont understand ... why does China even bother making cars when they know they are getting sued before the cars even hit the streets, the quality is going to be bullshit with nothing but recalls, and its just going to humiliate chinese cars and all there other products that they make.

they are not only hurting themselves, but no way im gettin behind the wheel of that POS, with US freeways and germans' speeds limits - that car will fall apart when it hits 60mph, imagine how many people are in danger ?

i doubt the us import restirictions will let them hit the street netime before 2020
    as for chineese product u dont buy it for quality you buy it cause its cheap, these cars cost about 4-7g's (they cost 11g's in countries with 200 percent tax..s...i saw countless of them on the street with broken axis or simply not working...i even got hit by one back in the christam vacation and it was hilarious, all i had was some paint on my rear bumper (i was driving an suv) while his front looked like it was by a 18 wheeler

In addition to the above list of who is sueing Chery, also add GM for a car that is built to such exact specs as a GM car that a GM spokeperson said you can even swap the doors and they would still hold seal. Oh, and Chevrolet is suing because the name "Chery" is too close to "Chevy."

But good luck suing a Chinese company. That country doesn't really care about IP rights. Probably why Chery rips off other's designs so shamelessly.

Originally posted by c280nz
    those wheels look sweet, and if thats all you can afford instead of the real ones go for it man. i would, but maby im a cheap ass.
    but i could guarantee that the only people who would know the difference in wheels would be the ppl on this forum, you would never meet anyone in peson that would go wow what a rip off.
    thats my oppinion any way man
    if they were jus plain i would scoop them up in a beat...but the name thing is a turn off, jus cant bring myself to fork over cash for them

Originally posted by Under Pressure

But good luck suing a Chinese company. That country doesn't really care about IP rights. Probably why Chery rips off other's designs so shamelessly.
    exactly nuthing matters in china, wich is why most knock off's and replicas originate from there....

Originally posted by Abuimad
    iced i think they exist only in leb, i saw countless AMG rimms (the 2 spoke ones on the new sl65, in 17 and 18 inches) that were replicas i saw lorinsers, and a fab desighn all with the logo imprinted on them
    i doubt it, coz most of them r made by far east countries i.e taiwan, korea etc...

Originally posted by iced
    i doubt it, coz most of them r made by far east countries i.e taiwan, korea etc...
    true on the note of that my friend got brabus replicas with a brabus logo imprinted on them (not the cap but on the actual rimm) for 1200 bucks