Thread: Fuel Filter

Fuel Filter

after getting my sppings put in...the installer told me that i needed a new fuel filter. he said that whoever had the car before me never changed the fuel filter and my car still had the original one on. my car had 54k miles when i got it, and currently has about 57.5k. how often should you replace the fuel filter? whats the purpose of a fuel filter? what can happen if i dont replace my fuel filter soon?

I usually change mine @ 60K miles, but I know people that wait until 100K
    1999 C43 - Carlsson 18\" 1/6 Diamond... Vogtland Springs ... Koni Ext. Adjustable... Clears...

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by KWiK
    I usually change mine @ 60K miles, but I know people that wait until 100K

I'd change it every 60K just like Kwik said..

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

pre filter?

Please a clarification, I've seen on MB door stikers (the one that workshop stiks every maintenance session) that does exist also a "pre-filter"! Is it relevant only for diesel engine or not? How often does it have to be changed?

Thanks a lot.

Hi

changed the original filter on mine at 110K miles.... wish I had taken a picture when I cut it open, it was black (like tar almost)inside....noticeable performance and fuel mileage boost afterwards
    95 M3 (US)
    87 190E 2.6
    95 318is (EURO)

some info about "pre-filter"? I've also heard that does exist also a water separator to change at some mileage!?

Anyone know where the fuel filter is?

I think i need to change the filter but where is it exactly in a 95 c280? please guys i need help.