Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pic of sound system installs!!!

pic of sound system installs!!!

post your pics guys of those crazy sound installs!

Jason

2006 BMW 525XI (Silver Gray Metallic)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1995 C280 (Smoke Silver Metallic) - 348,900 Original Miles - SOLD March 2010
    1988 Saleen Mustang - 1 Of Only 17 - 50,514 Original Miles - SOLD June 2009

sorry for the huge pictures guys. i forgot to resize the pics. i am such an ass!
    Jason

my system consists of
    1. clarion dxz655mp head unit (bypassed factory bose amp)
    2. orion 1200d mono block amp
    3. alphasonik 1 farad cap
    4. planet audio 12" big bang sub in ported box
    5. ported trunk to cabin
    6. crossfire x5 5.25" components in kick panels
    7. crossfire sx52 5.25 coaxials in rear doors. (took a lot of cutting and drilling since the stock bose brackets just wont cut it)
    8. 7" screen in dash (shifter does not interfer view when driving)
    9. dvd player under passenger dash (mounting in glove box soon)
    10. gonna amp the interior speakers when more funds come in

special thanks go out to chris at traffic jamz. good friend of mine. check out his site guys and if in the northeast have him do a crazy install for you. mine was basic compared to what he is capable of. website is www.tjamz.com
    go to portfolio's and select the cars from drop down menu. then click on small pics of each car to blow them up.
    Jason

loudest system ever, JL 12w7 with two crossfire cfa30hc amps strapped. (dont ask how i got the box in there)

[IMG]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0RACz*2cUx7pnLwr3U!x2eP*q5IwQ77hv4K11h059avaQ03G9f R3HYdYiaFMgy8xFuXNQD6PRwwdCEPSpRosNj4E5YAGSPgeq7V8 Q*kFX1gU/jlw7.JPG?dc=4675557966903323529[/IMG]

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803030

still making my fiber sub inclosure
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

hey 1995c280, try relocating your amp. placed like that it cannot disipate heat.

OG Moderator
    The kick panel looks good. How is the imaging with the kick panel?

rollinrealbig
    Originally posted by aruba
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803030

still making my fiber sub inclosure
    i love the way you have those speakers - with the custom thing in the back - any fiberglass work ?

ive worked with fiberglass before and dont want that agian unless i really have to. if you can let me know how that was done that would be great! thanks!

rollinrealbig
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2179797

I havnt worked on my fiberglass project at all for about two months ... I have a better Idea and cant decide weather I should just leave this box and start something differnt or just have this finished.

yea I have a sony deck but Im going to get an alpine one later on with a sub and amp.

the sound from the kick panels are unbelievable compared to when i had the front door speakers. actually orion amps are very good with heat dissipation. even after driving for hours with the music blasting, the amp only gets slightly warm but has never overheated on me. thanks for the advise though, i appreciate it!
    Jason

I would love some kick panel speakers, but unfortunately I'm 6'4" with size 13 shoe. Pretty sure I wouldn't be comfortable with them.

I've got a
    Clarion ProAudio DXZ835MP
    Phoenix Gold T500.2 (250x2)
    Phoenix Gold T600.4 (60x4)
    MB Quart Reference Series 5.25" Components
    MB Quart 5.25" Coaxial Rear speakers
    Alpine Type-R 12" Subwoofers
    Fully custom homemade install

Here's my ish.

You can hit my page up to see how I did it all.

http://202tech.mkosonen.com/stereo.html

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

Stock BOSE with a 400 watt add-on, all Clarion.

99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

kick panels

did you fabricate or buy those kick panels?

I think I want to go custom soon - I'm all Bose right now with an Infinity Basslink in the back, right side woofer removed to "port" some of the bass into the cabin. Sounds decent, but I bet I can get better sound.

unHookt, my friend offered to fabricate me a set but it was just cheaper to buy them. very very cheap price and very strong. i got them from crutchfield and amazing that i said cheap knowing there prices. i only paid $149 for both panels and they color code them to match ur interior. you can see how good the color came out (perfect). the ebrake still functions only not with your foot anymore (the tweeter kinda blocks it). you have to press it with your hand, kinda ghetto but i never park on hill so i really dont use it too much. and i'm only 5'7 so i wasn't worried about the leg room. thanks for the comments guys and u peeps definately have some crazy installs. i wanna go custom in the trunk but that's stage 1 until i have money to go fiberglass (it can get very expensive as you all know). so it'll be a while til that comes, lol!
    Jason

rollingrealbig

busy with this at the moment it will be placed in the trunk lid.
    about the rear deck just do a search for headliner and you will find how i did it its much cleaner now will try to take pics
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

kick panels

Originally posted by 1995c280
    unHookt, my friend offered to fabricate me a set but it was just cheaper to buy them. very very cheap price and very strong. i got them from crutchfield and amazing that i said cheap knowing there prices. i only paid $149 for both panels and they color code them to match ur interior. you can see how good the color came out (perfect). the ebrake still functions only not with your foot anymore (the tweeter kinda blocks it). you have to press it with your hand, kinda ghetto but i never park on hill so i really dont use it too much. and i'm only 5'7 so i wasn't worried about the leg room. thanks for the comments guys and u peeps definately have some crazy installs. i wanna go custom in the trunk but that's stage 1 until i have money to go fiberglass (it can get very expensive as you all know). so it'll be a while til that comes, lol!
    is the footrest on the left gone? where do you put your foot? do you ever kick or step on the 5 1/4" speaker in there?

I like the way these look but I think I would prefer to put aftermarket components into the stock tweeter and door panel locations.

I wouldnt want to have snow/slush filled speakers in the winter.
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

Originally posted by benzonline
    I wouldnt want to have snow/slush filled speakers in the winter.
    xactly

unfortunately the footrest on the left is gone. i either keep my left foot back or curve my leg but like i said i'm only 5'7 and for me it's no big deal. but yes if your not careful you will kick the panels. but they are made very strong as i have kick them a few times already with not even a mark present. as for the snow in the winter. its not too much of a problem, this is my first winter with the panels but just tap the feet on the rockers before entering, lol.
    Jason

sub enclosure

does anyone make any prefab stuff for the rear deck?

this is the old setup i used to have 3 m3mphis 10"m3's memphis belle amp (1200d amp 75x4 interior amp all in one) blaupunkt chicago flip out and 4x6.5" blaupunkt overdrive interiors, i also had a wall that would cover the subs and amp up, ill post pics of the new system soon

these are some sweet looking systems i hope to do one of my own, somthing clean and custom you all have given me great inspiration

i have those kick panels to and it makes it sound like you have an extra 40 watts to them and the sounde goes right into your ear the way it is suppost, it is amazing and the price cant be beat. My camera is kinda buggen out on me so i will just list.
    1. pair RF 5.25 comp in kick panels
    2. pair of RF coaxials in rear door, for my passengers
    3. pair RF in package deck
    4. Alpine V-power 50x4 at 4ohm
    5. Alpine V-power 600x1 Mono
    6. 1 12" MTX 8500 in custom sledgehammer box
    All of it was done by me, the way i want it. That is the way it should be done.

2 JL amps mounted on a MDF panel behind the rear seats.

2 JL w3 in a sealed box

6.52 genesis comps up front

rear shelf speakers removed.

not that bassy, considering the equipement...the sealed box is smaller than the recomended size so probably the cause. but does the job nicley!

Here's my install. It actually looks better in person b/c the sticker isn't wet anymore

///Mafia C43 AMG
    ML 320 CDI
    ML 430 AMG Styling *gone*
    C 320 4-M T
    A 190 with every option
    Ducati 900 SS *gone*
    Kawasaki ZX10R Ninja \'07