Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: :)Sneek preview of my header:)...

rollinrealbig
    Originally posted by jnolte
    BAN HIS ASS!!!!!!
    I soooooo knew one of you was going to say that .... just give it a few hours, ill have the entire club saying that!

BAN HIS ASS!!!!!!
    Hurry Hurry!...im starting to have second thoughts
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Originally posted by rollinrealbig
    Paul - your spending like three times the amount then what your car originally costs. what do you get out of it? all that hard work and custom stuff youve been talking about .... just hope it all turns out good for you with plenty of good luck. why not get a new STI or Evo9 ? I bet all you 202ers are about to start a war agianst me for saying that but if you really think about it, compare it all - an 06' Evo vs. over-tuned 202 - which gets older by the day and older means more problems because we all know that MB isnt exactly the best car in reliability if you dont always maintain it, and maintinance is expensive. which would you rather have? its like taking a donkey and trying to make a horse out of it.

all three cars mentioned are known to be great cars but if you want racing - get an STI/Evo/Skyline if you can, if you want luxery - get a Lexus or MB, if you want a little bit of both - get a C55 i guess, it just seems hard to try to reverse these things - can you make a luxery car out of an Evo ? dont think so. can you make a race car out of a 202 ? pretty hard and alot of work/money, and in the end - well ... its still a 202. dont get me wrong - i love 202's, but seems like they wernt meant to be what we want out of them.

with all that said, I really dont understand you here Paul - but I just hope you wont be disappointed in your project! good luck to you man (no sarcasm here)

Well...i just wrote like 1000 lines on why i modded my 202,and why i didnt trade it for a Evo 6.5 yesturday...then i deleted it and sum'd it up in these three words...

I like my 202...

why do i mod it!,mostly because i drive past literally 100's of modified STIs EVOs Skylines every day...I pull up in my driveway and see a car i hardly see...a donkey being converted to a horse

10 years ago I still remember the day I was sitting in third form english looking through a HOT4's mag...and there it was...a tightly modded black 202....nothing came close to the look!...and in my opinion,not alot does!.....

.....Plus im helplessley addicted to performance modification

all in all thankyou for your opinion mang!
    ...at times i just cant see why some people collect stamps...

I JUST LIKE MY 202 . men those words meen so much to me.
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

rollinrealbig
    Originally posted by 23K
    Well...i just wrote like 1000 lines on why i modded my 202,and why i didnt trade it for a Evo 6.5 yesturday...then i deleted it and sum'd it up in these three words...

I like my 202...

why do i mod it!,mostly because i drive past literally 100's of modified STIs EVOs Skylines every day...I pull up in my driveway and see a car i hardly see...a donkey being converted to a horse

10 years ago I still remember the day I was sitting in third form english looking through a HOT4's mag...and there it was...a tightly modded black 202....nothing came close to the look!...and in my opinion,not alot does!.....

.....Plus im helplessley addicted to performance modification

all in all thankyou for your opinion mang!
    ...at times i just cant see why some people collect stamps...
    the stamp thing - dont even ask!

so now I see your reason - to stand out from the croud!

my area doesnt have anything but hondas, and the closests to a skyline is a 240SX, did I mention we had hondas ? yea lots of em!

lucky you, your country doesnt seem to have strict regulations as the US, which puts a stop on any tuners dream. - you can deffinatly tell just by comparing the 202s you would see in the US to the 202's you see in Germany or other contries. not fair for US ppl at all

as for what i have in mind ... well, test drove a new EvoMR the other day, you get my idea right there!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    Yo,um na mang its painfully slow...have been so busy at work also!!!!,still havent had time to write back but will do for sure man!...
    turns out theres more work in doing the radiator tank than i first thought...,have cut the OEM one open and removed the float...just trying to incorperate the magnetic switch into the new one iv made...
    also as my engine harness is almost past it used-by im making a custom one that includes the four new sensors iv installed!...
    you'll see on my page iv constucted a 4" intake as well,just need to get it welded etc and buy the right filter!....

the most annoying thing at the moment is trying to find an easy way to stiffen up the engine mounts...looks like i will gut my old mounts and have them re-pored in a harder rubber with no oil.

Iv also just installed that Greddy multi switch device which will control the engine cooling,as well as dropping out the underside of the dash and re-wiring where all the sensors and boost control wires go as they were better positioned on the other side of the engine bay LOL

so its moving....but finding free time to do it is another story!
    but on a high note we have a contract on our house so will know next week if its all on......meanwhile all i can think about is Hyper Gunmetal 3 pce Sprint Iforged alloys,brembo GT 355mm kit with silver calipers and some side skirts LOOOOL
    Dat sucks man.. well I hope your work slows down o you can work more on your car!!
    no worries bro.. write back when ya can.
    cool.. intakes lookin sweet man.. you need more pics of shit on your site though!!.. wheres the pics of the coolant tank?
    engine wiring harness is falling apart is it? thats no good man.. your making a completely new harness?
    wow.. thats should be interesting.. having the stock motor mounts filled with a harder solid rubber.. who's gonna do that?
    shit boy!.. sounds like your almost completely rewired your C!!.. any pics of the greddy switch for the fans?
    nice.. congrats on the house.. finally found someone to buy.
    lol.. you just spend money faster then you can make it!!.. new ifogred wheels.. BBK.. and side skirts!.. decided what sides your going with?

and nice comment on liking your W202.. Id never get rid of mine either.. I just love the W202 so much.. great platform.. great lines to the body.. so much potential.

HOLY FLIP!!!!.. I just saw the prices of the Ifogred wheels you want!!!.. good luck with that man!!
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

then you can sell me those wheels
    the cost to ship them would be somewhat high,most likely close to what there worth
    I put them on Trademe a while back(similar to ebay) just to see what they would fetch,there was tones of intrest,but price was alittle high as i only wanted to sell if i recovered some of the cost.

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    Dat sucks man.. well I hope your work slows down o you can work more on your car!!
    no worries bro.. write back when ya can.
    cool.. intakes lookin sweet man.. you need more pics of shit on your site though!!.. wheres the pics of the coolant tank?
    engine wiring harness is falling apart is it? thats no good man.. your making a completely new harness?
    wow.. thats should be interesting.. having the stock motor mounts filled with a harder solid rubber.. who's gonna do that?
    shit boy!.. sounds like your almost completely rewired your C!!.. any pics of the greddy switch for the fans?
    nice.. congrats on the house.. finally found someone to buy.
    lol.. you just spend money faster then you can make it!!.. new ifogred wheels.. BBK.. and side skirts!.. decided what sides your going with?

and nice comment on liking your W202.. Id never get rid of mine either.. I just love the W202 so much.. great platform.. great lines to the body.. so much potential.

HOLY FLIP!!!!.. I just saw the prices of the Ifogred wheels you want!!!.. good luck with that man!!
    hey yeh hopfully i'll get it running before we shift house!!!,we have an 11 week project coming up as where ripping up a portion of the runway,so lots of overtime but less modding time!
    yeh iv been alittle slack with the pics lately,was kinda waiting until i have it welded(as im still deciding on who will weld it)i'll get a few more up shortly man!
    my harness was still in alright condition,it was just starting to get tough to bend,no cracks though,and with the addition of the four sensors,it just made sense to make a new one,so iv cut it all up,and have just started soldering etc...

theres a few suspension companys out there who will take out rubber bushes,set up a jig and re-poor the rubber in harder compounds,they should be able to do it to my mounts without trouble(i hope)...

haha yeh theres lots more wires running round the place now!!!,theres a crap pic of the Greddy MSS unit on the last page of my site,will get more eventually!...

LOL even though everyone has voted wald sides,im still leaning towards genuine C36 sides as i feel they better suit the squarness of my bumper!...

thanks!,I hope it all goes unconditional without a hitch...but theres always a chance it could fall through!!!...but if it doesnt there definatly will be room for BBK,Iforged and those sides!!!,but im not getting my hopes up just yet!.
    Yip...damn there not cheap...but its good Shit!...im thinking either this colour(anthracite),or charcoal...but probly reverse lip as they dont make the sizes i wont in step lip like on this audi

yeh the 202 really is a great platform,great lines!...I dont plan to sell mine for a very long time,its had way to much time invested,somthing you would definatly know about
    keep up the modding man!,laters...

rollinrealbig
    I was one who voted C36 skirts, none of the Wald products got my attention, I love the brabus, C36 skirts and rear (not front), lumma front is just off the hook! and the C43 is great too! I wouldnt get anything else for my 202 if I was to ever tune it, but most likly not ... talking to my dad about selling mine.

I was one who voted C36 skirts, none of the Wald products got my attention, I love the brabus, C36 skirts and rear (not front), lumma front is just off the hook! and the C43 is great too! I wouldnt get anything else for my 202 if I was to ever tune it, but most likly not ... talking to my dad about selling mine.
    So i guess you'll buy a C36 or 43 if you sell??
    thanks for voting!,at first it was all about the wald kit,but looks like the C36 is making a slow comeback!

i've said this before, the c36 skirts should go perfectly with the lumma front u got.

Originally posted by trymonlam
    i've said this before, the c36 skirts should go perfectly with the lumma front u got.
    thanks!,thats all the backup i need...C36 it is!!

Originally posted by trymonlam
    word....
    c36 not c43 or wald
    and brabus maybe
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

rollinrealbig
    Originally posted by 23K
    So i guess you'll buy a C36 or 43 if you sell??
    thanks for voting!,at first it was all about the wald kit,but looks like the C36 is making a slow comeback!
    if I find ANY manual 202 for sale ill take it!

but thats not goin to happen so im thinkin of another car, just still reading about them and finding out information and how well they perform and last.

Evo XIII .... possibly. but not until I have a lisence, so what im thinking about doing (its for everyones good) is selling the 202, saving more money ($20,000 at least) and if I still need a car to go to work and school ill take my dads SUV - not fast but has 4WD, so it will definatly keep me away from the "racing in the street" scene. and the W203 - my mom agreed to pay back about $5000 ive put into it, and she will keep it, but the recent damage is my fault so i wont get money for that. damn i should of NEVER driven an Evo .... damn car got me hOoOoOoOoOoked!

hey how much did that cost you to do that? if you dont mind me asking.

Originally posted by nightferret
    hey how much did that cost you to do that? if you dont mind me asking.
    Umm,you mean the header?,or the whole project?...both cost alot...actually here i could have bought a 96 C230 for the cost so far!lol

if I find ANY manual 202 for sale ill take it!

but thats not goin to happen so im thinkin of another car, just still reading about them and finding out information and how well they perform and last.

Evo XIII .... possibly. but not until I have a lisence, so what im thinking about doing (its for everyones good) is selling the 202, saving more money ($20,000 at least) and if I still need a car to go to work and school ill take my dads SUV - not fast but has 4WD, so it will definatly keep me away from the "racing in the street" scene. and the W203 - my mom agreed to pay back about $5000 ive put into it, and she will keep it, but the recent damage is my fault so i wont get money for that. damn i should of NEVER driven an Evo .... damn car got me hOoOoOoOoOoked!
    haha yeh i remember when I was 16,a gurl i know started see'n this guy who owned an evo1,this was when i had my turbo diesel lancer with evo kit LOOOOL,Anyhow he let me drive it back to there place...and damn it was all about getting rid of my lancer and getting an evo.....so i sold my lancer and saved hard...just over a year later I purchased an Evo3,which has turned out to be a very sought after car here and frequently sells for around the 20K mark as you cannot register them anymore.
    also evo 4 5 6 and 7 are in the 10-25K range.
    then i saw my C230K manual,and they wouldnt trade my ricer evo,so i traded for a typeR teg...after another few years i try'd to find another C230K manual...but nothing...then we managed to get the address of the person who bought it back when they wouldnt trade the evo...sure enough the owners were keen on a deal and needed the money,so goodluck finding a manual one!..iv seen quit a few C180 manual ones since,but very few komps!

rollinrealbig
    in the US - never seen a manual 202, i dont see them alot period!

I dont think ive seen anything under Evo8 in the streets either, ive heard that they never released the evo7 in the US, not sure about it but heck i want an Evo8, thinking it through tho before I make any changes. the reason im aiming for an evo8 is because the 9 is tooo expensive and its basically the exact same car - just diff body styling a little bit, and the valve timing thing (not sure what it is exactly).

ive seen the 9's at the stealership - they have nice interiors compared to the 8's but its not a biggie to me, ive been checkin out the evo8 at my dads place, its been there for a few days now and im obsessed!

I was round at Pauls last night, his car is awesome, it is absolutely immaculate and the turbo in progress setup is sweet hope you get it finished soon Paul.
    1995 C36 ///AMG

Pretty crap weather huh!,you still going on that cruise?
    thanks for the comments!,hows the suspension feel now??

looking good paul! when it's all finished you should post up some video footage!!!!!

thanks!,will do for sure!!!!

OG Moderator
    any more progress on the turbo yet bro?
    closer to actually being able to start up the car yet?!! (wishful thinking is that?!!)
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    any more progress on the turbo yet bro?
    closer to actually being able to start up the car yet?!! (wishful thinking is that?!!)
    Im just writing a new update as we speak

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    Im just writing a new update as we speak
    nice!.. get er done mang!