Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: :)Sneek preview of my header:)...

that manifold looks o so sweet man!
    yea i was also thinking the idea of cutting the header flange between ports, but obviously so was everyone else. but im not sure if that would make much of a difference in preventing cracking as the head would draw alot of heat out of that flange anyway?
    were are you going to mount the external? or is that yet to be done?
    u gona move your radiator overflow bottle?

once again very nice paul, im a envious
    -Logan-

Originally posted by c280nz
    that manifold looks o so sweet man!
    yea i was also thinking the idea of cutting the header flange between ports, but obviously so was everyone else. but im not sure if that would make much of a difference in preventing cracking as the head would draw alot of heat out of that flange anyway?
    were are you going to mount the external? or is that yet to be done?
    u gona move your radiator overflow bottle?

once again very nice paul, im a envious
    hey thanks logan,...although the block acts as a big heat sink,the flange will still be extremely hot!,the external was hopfully mounted last friday...but i havent seen pics yet,it will most likely sit infront of the turbo down alittle,and hopfully exit the manifold at better than 90 degrees!(but i doubt it as theres little room)...
    it was my initial intention to shift the radiator tank or make a custom one...but it maybe ok now,we'll see.
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Originally posted by 23K
    hey what sort of power did you make with that mosselman kit?,which size engine was it on?...
    I never dyno'd it. It was on a C220 (2.2L I4 engine). The kit comes at 5psi and makes a claimed 205hp. I upped it to 7 psi so I am guessing around 225hp.

Originally posted by Under Pressure
    I never dyno'd it. It was on a C220 (2.2L I4 engine). The kit comes at 5psi and makes a claimed 205hp. I upped it to 7 psi so I am guessing around 225hp.
    hey do you have any Pics of the setup you could forward me?
    thanks...

Originally posted by 23K
    hey do you have any Pics of the setup you could forward me?
    thanks...
    I used to have a million photos in my old lap top that I ended up smashing into little pieces for reasons I can't recall (law school stress?). The only pic I have left is available by searching my name under the Member's Gallery, but its very small and blurry and will be of no help. Try searching for pics of Koolvin's car in member's gallery too, he bought my old kit, modded it a bit, and has some quality pics...

Originally posted by Under Pressure
    I used to have a million photos in my old lap top that I ended up smashing into little pieces for reasons I can't recall (law school stress?). The only pic I have left is available by searching my name under the Member's Gallery, but its very small and blurry and will be of no help. Try searching for pics of Koolvin's car in member's gallery too, he bought my old kit, modded it a bit, and has some quality pics...
    Kool thanks,yeh i think iv got the pics of Koolvins car,cant see the header though!

Paul

Are you just wondering what a Mosselman manifold looks like? I found a pic of a Mosselman manifold for a BMW....

http://havephun.com/318ti/pictures/_turbo/DSCF0035.JPG

Though mine was for a Mercedes and not a BMW, they looked virtually identical. Like this one for the BMW, mine was made to bolt a T-25 and was constructed of 35% nickel. Notice the flange is divided between ports.

hey yes thats what i was after...just wanted to check the design...you'll find that the "log-style" they have used is subject to more heat abuse than a seperate tube header due to the overlapping pulses,thus greater expansion...i guess they split the ports and use 35% nickle to combat this...
    thanks for postn the link!

OG Moderator

Re: :)Sneek preview of my header:)...

Originally posted by 23K
    heres a few pics of the progress!
    note the tightness of the rear exhaust port,this is mostly due to the steering box being in the way,but also because there is a 3" tube making its way down also!!!....
    overall im quit happy with the outcome,though they had to bring the turbo futher forward than i first intended.

ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN THIS!...

Paul
    DAMN!!.. that looks freaking ill!! they did a really nice job on it.. alot of tight bends in that pipe though.. too bad they couldnt mandrel bend the whole thing!! but still very nice work.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

sup mang,wondered where you had got too?
    yea it would have been wicked to have it fully mandrel bent without welds!....i think they make sure the welds dont protrude into the pipe as they weld it,so flow should be good,although it is tight...it should flow much better than most OEM cast manifolds thats for sure!!!!
    the tightness of the back section was enevitable...if only there was more room!!!!...
    and theres still the wastegate to plumb in there...so tight!...
    should have her back in about 2-3 days
    hope the stainless exhaust doesnt sound pingy...if it does i may have to heat rap it...

lol only 12 more posts for you

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    sup mang,wondered where you had got too?
    yea it would have been wicked to have it fully mandrel bent without welds!....i think they make sure the welds dont protrude into the pipe as they weld it,so flow should be good,although it is tight...it should flow much better than most OEM cast manifolds thats for sure!!!!
    the tightness of the back section was enevitable...if only there was more room!!!!...
    and theres still the wastegate to plumb in there...so tight!...
    should have her back in about 2-3 days
    hope the stainless exhaust doesnt sound pingy...if it does i may have to heat rap it...

lol only 12 more posts for you
    lol.. Im always around bro!!...
    whats up with you?.. havent been doing too much.. was out with my gf yesterday.
    it honestly looks really nice.. even if it isnt mandrel bent!.. but I have no doubt that the turbo manifold will flow much much better then stock!! it looks like they did a really nice job with welding it together.. so I wouldnt expect the welds to casue any issues with slowing air flow down..
    yeh that wastegate is gonna be one tight fit in there.. but it should fit.. somewhere!!
    only 2 or 3 days huh!!.. nice.. you better post up more pics!! will you be able to drive it out of there.. or will you tow it back to your house? and then finish the install?
    so is it a FULL stainless steel exhaust?.. thats gonna last forever!! any pics of the exhaust yet?
    OH yeh.. I just noticed!!.. 11 more posts now! should I post whore to 1000??!!
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    lol.. Im always around bro!!...
    whats up with you?.. havent been doing too much.. was out with my gf yesterday.
    it honestly looks really nice.. even if it isnt mandrel bent!.. but I have no doubt that the turbo manifold will flow much much better then stock!! it looks like they did a really nice job with welding it together.. so I wouldnt expect the welds to casue any issues with slowing air flow down..
    yeh that wastegate is gonna be one tight fit in there.. but it should fit.. somewhere!!
    only 2 or 3 days huh!!.. nice.. you better post up more pics!! will you be able to drive it out of there.. or will you tow it back to your house? and then finish the install?
    so is it a FULL stainless steel exhaust?.. thats gonna last forever!! any pics of the exhaust yet?
    OH yeh.. I just noticed!!.. 11 more posts now! should I post whore to 1000??!!
    oh just thought you would have seen this post days ago lol,
    thought you may have been occupied with the gf!
    yeh iv just been veg'n out at home this weekend,have the manifold pics perminatly on the computer to keep my patience at bay lol

it would have been great to drive her out...but theres still lots to do before the engine turns over!!
    the heater pump needs pipe changes(as can see for the pics the manifold now sits where the pump once was!)
    i will have to plumb the turbo before i fill her up with coolant...

have you ever removed the sump?...i need to do this to weld on the oil return from the turbo...
    im pretty sure you just remove the sway bar,engine mount bolts,and jack the engine way up?...sound about right?

yip its a full SS exhaust,except the outside of the resonator,its painted black,but the inside is SS....exhaust pics will be the next show and tell!
    LOL post whore it...dont feel bad either most of mine are haha

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    oh just thought you would have seen this post days ago lol,
    thought you may have been occupied with the gf!
    yeh iv just been veg'n out at home this weekend,have the manifold pics perminatly on the computer to keep my patience at bay lol

it would have been great to drive her out...but theres still lots to do before the engine turns over!!
    the heater pump needs pipe changes(as can see for the pics the manifold now sits where the pump once was!)
    i will have to plumb the turbo before i fill her up with coolant...

have you ever removed the sump?...i need to do this to weld on the oil return from the turbo...
    im pretty sure you just remove the sway bar,engine mount bolts,and jack the engine way up?...sound about right?

yip its a full SS exhaust,except the outside of the resonator,its painted black,but the inside is SS....exhaust pics will be the next show and tell!
    LOL post whore it...dont feel bad either most of mine are haha
    Oh I saw this thread on friday I think it was.. while I was at work surfing!.. breifly!
    I was just occupied until today to get a chance to post up!.. Im occupied with the gf as much as I can be.. I would be with her everyday if I could.
    today Im veggin out!.. lol.. youve had the manifold pics up on your computer to stop you from going crazy huh!
    oh yeh.. so now you have to run the aux water pump to a different spot!.. you know where?
    you want to remove the oil pan?.. I have never done it on my car.. but that sounds about right.. you will need to jack up the motor as much as you can without breaking anything! shouldnt be too bad on the M111.. so much more difficult on the other larger engine benz's though.
    nice.. get that next set of pics up man!!.. gotta see this exhaust now!
    lol.. okay I wont feel bad.. a post whoring I will go!

[i]yeh its about 40mins from where i am so not tooo far...I usually go to north shore after to visit people and take the car for a test drive through the back way..some nice corners out there![/B]
    oooo i love corners....wonder if anyones done up a merc purely for drifting? hahaha they'd have to be super rich or have lots of spare parts incase of a crash..ouch..imgine the money put into it..haha guess we'll leave it to the japs

Originally posted by undercover
    oooo i love corners....wonder if anyones done up a merc purely for drifting? hahaha they'd have to be super rich or have lots of spare parts incase of a crash..ouch..imgine the money put into it..haha guess we'll leave it to the japs
    yeh it would be costly to setup a 202 for drifting thats for sure,u'd have to kill the ASR for one!...

Oh I saw this thread on friday I think it was.. while I was at work surfing!.. breifly!
    I was just occupied until today to get a chance to post up!.. Im occupied with the gf as much as I can be.. I would be with her everyday if I could.
    today Im veggin out!.. lol.. youve had the manifold pics up on your computer to stop you from going crazy huh!
    oh yeh.. so now you have to run the aux water pump to a different spot!.. you know where?
    you want to remove the oil pan?.. I have never done it on my car.. but that sounds about right.. you will need to jack up the motor as much as you can without breaking anything! shouldnt be too bad on the M111.. so much more difficult on the other larger engine benz's though.
    nice.. get that next set of pics up man!!.. gotta see this exhaust now!
    lol.. okay I wont feel bad.. a post whoring I will go!
    ...fair enough,gotta keep the gurl happy!...
    i think iv got too much free time at work lol
    yeh will most likely put the pump up beside the radiator tank i think!...
    i'll be taken the pan out next weekend i hope...sounds messy,will need a new seal too i guess...

that was a quik 7...only 5 to go manheh

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    ...fair enough,i think iv got too much free time at work lol
    yeh will most likely put the pump up beside the radiator tank i think!...
    that was a quik 7...only 5 to go manheh
    lol.. lately Ive had lots of free time at work!!.. hasnt ben too busy at all.
    oh yeh.. sounds good.. but will you need to move or replace the coolant resevoir at all? turbo going to get in the way?.. Iknow you said you mihgt be okay.. but since the turbo in now further forward will it still fit?
    3 more to go!!...

lol.. lately Ive had lots of free time at work!!.. hasnt ben too busy at all.
    oh yeh.. sounds good.. but will you need to move or replace the coolant resevoir at all? turbo going to get in the way?.. Iknow you said you mihgt be okay.. but since the turbo in now further forward will it still fit?
    3 more to go!!...
    LOL i just edited the last reply,saved and you'd already replied...was like damn i must have fall'n asleep!..

Im not too sure if i'll need to shift it...im hoping not as its just a whole heap more work!!!,kinda hard to see from the pics!

oh yea i was going to ask you about engine mounts....i installed new ones as mine had cracks and were crushed down about 10mm compared to new...but now the engine looks like its tilting upwards and the viscous fan isnt parallel to the radiator!!...is this normal?

haha the big countdown 3...2...

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    LOL i just edited the last reply,saved and you'd already replied...was like damn i must have fall'n asleep!..

Im not too sure if i'll need to shift it...im hoping not as its just a whole heap more work!!!,kinda hard to see from the pics!

oh yea i was going to ask you about engine mounts....i installed new ones as mine had cracks and were crushed down about 10mm compared to new...but now the engine looks like its tilting upwards and the viscous fan isnt parallel to the radiator!!...is this normal?

haha the big countdown 3...2...
    lol.. youre too slow bro!!...
    it is kinda har dot see from the pics.. but it looks like it may be close!
    hmmm.. doesnt sound very normal.. even when I replaced my engine mounts (not that long ago) my engine sat pretty straight.. maybe they arent in right?.. did you line up the tabs right from the motor mount to the mount off the engine?
    it should still be parallel..
    and about the oil pan removal.. YES it will be messy!! you will need a special sealant to reseal the oil pan.. no actual gasket.. its a silicone style sealnt in a tube.. I will get you the part number...
    1 more to go!!.....

lol.. youre too slow bro!!...
    it is kinda har dot see from the pics.. but it looks like it may be close!
    hmmm.. doesnt sound very normal.. even when I replaced my engine mounts (not that long ago) my engine sat pretty straight.. maybe they arent in right?.. did you line up the tabs right from the motor mount to the mount off the engine?
    it should still be parallel..
    and about the oil pan removal.. YES it will be messy!! you will need a special sealant to reseal the oil pan.. no actual gasket.. its a silicone style sealnt in a tube.. I will get you the part number...
    1 more to go!!.....
    hmmm yeh it didnt sound normal to me either...i questioned my parts supplier and he reckons thats how it is!...
    yip there in there correctly...i think i'll take one off and compare to another at a local MB dealer!
    oh so i need a sealant!...thanks,the number would be good!

PS it must be get'n late in canada!!,work tomorrow!,we just had a public holiday!...

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    hmmm yeh it didnt sound normal to me either...i questioned my parts supplier and he reckons thats how it is!...
    yip there in there correctly...i think i'll take one off and compare to another at a local MB dealer!
    oh so i need a sealant!...thanks,the number would be good!

well I might as well be a post whore and post up for 1000!!!
    you may wanna check it out.. I can get you the part number for the motor mounts right now if ya want.. I have the part number somewhere!
    yep.. you need a sealant.. its black.. and very sticky!! I can get ya some info on it too if ya like.. oil pan removal and all that jazz... let me know.
    I will get the part number of the sealant tomorrow.. dont have one here to tell you it!!

well I might as well be a post whore and post up for 1000!!!
    you may wanna check it out.. I can get you the part number for the motor mounts right now if ya want.. I have the part number somewhere!
    yep.. you need a sealant.. its black.. and very sticky!! I can get ya some info on it too if ya like.. oil pan removal and all that jazz... let me know.
    I will get the part number of the sealant tomorrow.. dont have one here to tell you it!!
    NICE...you'v hit the four digit club!...:smilies with cold beer:
    oh yeh the numbers for the mounts and sealant would be awsome man!,dont worry bout the removal info just yet...i'll give it a go first then read the instructions lol

i edited my last message again(after you had replied)damn i am slow!...

see you at 2000!!!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    NICE...you'v hit the four digit club!...:smilies with cold beer:
    oh yeh the numbers for the mounts and sealant would be awsome man!,dont worry bout the removal info just yet...i'll give it a go first then read the instructions lol

i edited my last message again(after you had replied)damn i am slow!...

see you at 2000!!!
    yeppers!!.. 4 digit club!.. Im in! wooooo whoooooooo
    no problem man.. I will get the part numbers for ya tomorrow.. and I will get some info too.. lol.. so ya wanna change it and look at the instructions later huh!!
    see!!.. youre too slow bro!... yeh its getting late in Toronto.. its sunday night.. 11:20pm!... whats this???!!... another public holidy.. you just had one last week too!!

yeppers!!.. 4 digit club!.. Im in! wooooo whoooooooo
    no problem man.. I will get the part numbers for ya tomorrow.. and I will get some info too.. lol.. so ya wanna change it and look at the instructions later huh!!
    see!!.. youre too slow bro!... yeh its getting late in Toronto.. its sunday night.. 11:20pm!... whats this???!!... another public holidy.. you just had one last week too!!
    yeh iv had a good run on holidays lately along with my month off!!!damn 11.20pm!better hope the boss doesnt give you a hard job tommorrow!....its 5.30 here monday avo and im tired heh

and yeh if its no hassel!,it would be good to know what MB recommends be done when the pan is dropped!,thanks Ross!
    laters mang...

You should easily be able to make more than 245 at the crank.That's very moddest. With enuff fuel,timing,right size intercooler,and hoses,your car should at least do that at the wheels. ave you looked into getting a piggy back ECU to control fuel and timing?If the compression is low enuff and everything else is setup right ,you can make 300 and up at the crank!

silver 1998 AMG c43 to C55 convert(293whp/307lbft TQ) ,1999 M3,1995 400 whp eagle Talon Tsi AWD,94 BMW 325i to M332i(M3)conversion