Thread: n00b question - what all do I need to lower my car?

n00b question - what all do I need to lower my car?

I have a 2000 C230K Sport and I'm hoping to lower it with H&R Sport Springs soon. Besides the springs, what else do I *need* in order to successfully and safely lower my car? What should I expect to pay to get them installed?

thanks!
    2000 C230K Sport
    - Clear Corners

Labor rates may vary from state to state, so hopfully another TX memeber can help you out on that front. Aside from the spings themselves, depending on how much you wish to lower the car, you may have a choice of spring pads to fine tune the lowering. I say may, as it depends on the current spring pads installed. Search the forum, and you should find a wealth of information.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

new sport shocks maybe?

yeah, Bilstein sport shocks. you don't want to lower on stock shocks because they aren't made to handle a shorter ride height. also never ever ever ever cut your springs if the idea had popped into your head.

Any search on the keywords "lowering AND suspension"
    should answer most of your questions.
    Simple answer: probably shocks, springs, and your choice of pads. Labor's possible to DIY, but not particularly easy.

-maytag
    1997 Black C280 Sport
    AMG 15\" Alloys
    Blackout stock grille
    K&N Intake
    Remus Exhaust
    Brembo C/D rotors
    PBR Ultimate Ceramic pads
    H&R Sport Springs
    Bilstien Sport Shocks
    Custom boot lip spoiler
    Custom molded eyelids

Originally posted by K_Sport Driver
    yeah, Bilstein sport shocks. you don't want to lower on stock shocks because they aren't made to handle a shorter ride height. also never ever ever ever cut your springs if the idea had popped into your head.
    what's wrong with cut springs

dont cut your standard springs. get the H&Rs
    like said new sport shocks would go nicely.
    and possibly rear camber arms if you can still get them?
    www.speedybenz.com
    -Logan-

Originally posted by c280nz
    dont cut your standard springs. get the H&Rs
    like said new sport shocks would go nicely.
    and possibly rear camber arms if you can still get them?
    www.speedybenz.com
    I don't know...maybe it's me, but if you are after the look and not the "performance" I would say cut your springs. You also have a smoother ride, that is if you decide to cut the bumpstops a little bit...bottom line if you are not a "performance junkie", cutting your springs is an efficient alternative...go ahead, flame on lol :bunny: