Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: W202 Euro Projector Headlights

Heres a ?, most of us with the newer models ( which he says you need to replace the trim on for 50 bucks) know the lil "mod" of just removing your trim piece all together. i wonder if the same can be applied to these so you can avoid that 50 bucks... lol. i sent an email, havnt heard back yet though.
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

The price is a bit steep. The reason no one else has made one yet is because although you might think there's a high demand, it doesn't compare to the demand by honda owners. To make the mold, R&D, and eventually manufactured costs quite a bit.

That said, if you REALLY wanted to, you can modify these and fit some projectors in there for the driving lights. The biggest problem in the past was that no one made the front plastic/glass clear. I wonder if that piece will fit on the stock headlights. My friend bought a set of Audi projectors and modified his own set. Much nicer than using the crappy projectors found on these ebay type of lights. Most of the projector headlights on ebay can't even hold an HID bulb because the bulbs tend to be longer.

So, anyone want to shell out the $, get these lights, buy a set of audi projectors, and get a nice set going?

I agree with the other guys...give it a few months, and another company will copy them, save the R&D costs, and sell them for $150. Ok, maybe $200.
    2006 xB - bubble tea mobile
    1984 AE86 SR5 - project levin
    1986 AE86 GTS - project trueno

so they finaly made the darn projector headlights for the 202 looks nice ,very nice but im still the maguiver type. just got my 211 by xeneon kit so im still doing a custom one hopefully it will look as good as the ones they are selling in ebay. want some advise from you guys do you think the lens would look better on the inside (like the ones on ebay) or on the outside like the ones from audi 8????
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

rollinrealbig
    I like the non-projector crystals better. cant you do some mods and add a projector in there ? it will look better and be alot cheaper.

Wats up guys I called up the guy who is selling these projectors light for our car and he said that if I buy 5 pairs he can sell them to me for $2,000. I think if we do a group buy on these lights we can get a cheaper price. what do you guys think?

seriously. give it some time. it will be really cheap down the road.

They seem to be closing out on ebay for the low 400's, plus 70 shipping. In the grand scheme of things, if they're built well, it's not that bad of a price. Consider that Stanley/Raybrig Multi-Reflector H6054 conversion H4 headlamps for any applicable cars costs $120-150 for the pair, and they are completely plastic with no electrical components.

Cibie has a glass front at least, and costs $200 for the pair-- but no projector, just fancy plastic as the reflector portion.

I know most of us would buy these ebay ones and think about stuffing Valeo ECE projectors into the low-beam spot, anyway, turning into... what... a $1000 headlight upgrade? =)

-Ray
    2009 Audi S5 Quattro
    2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor - W202 - SOLD
    1992 Toyota Supra Turbo - 2JZ-GTE, GT35R dbb - big project

OG Moderator
    Those arent the bes tlooking projectors at all.. nd ofr the money I would expect more.
    but what can ya do.. either settle for that.. or make your own. I chose to make my own!.. still not done them though!!
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

im thinking about buying them. some one else bought a set, i dont know his name but i spoke to the guy who is selling them and he told me that a guy from club202 bought a set? cant wait to see how they look!

but the dont look good...they look....wrong ??

whats with the white cardboard on the low beam bulb...it looks wrong..

plus prices wont stay that high for long...
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

Hi Guyz...

I saw them! They are at the moment not "allowed" in Germany ... Because they got no E Code ...

I think they look really "uncomplete"... One Lens and the other is normal! Thats not good for my taste!

But @SLAMMED_C ... How you´ve done it, is good! It looks soooo great! Hmm.. But if they were "clear" (at bothe sides ), they were better! Hmm... how you have done this ? And is it allowed to do this in the USA? If you can give me more Information, I would be very greatful

Thank you!

Regards
    I know who´s Curios! W202Power Baby

im getting my custom clear lens on thuesday , thats the good thing about venezuela they can do anything will post pics soon
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

if i get these lights im going to sell my other lights that i just got. my crstal clear lights if anybody wants them let me know.im going to be asking $150+shipping. thanks

Re... ama ta pouleises I'll take em...

I'm in Jersey so shipping should be cheap, BUT will they fit the updated 98+ bumpers?

Let me know,

George

Originally posted by ryhi
    seriously. give it some time. it will be really cheap down the road.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCE...spagenameZWDVW
    half the price!
    LIV2EAT

Originally posted by IamJanuar
    half the price!
    in only a months time...now the need 1 for the updated 202s
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

Originally posted by IamJanuar
    half the price!

lol!!! holy shit!! ah who gives a shit when you want something that just came out you need to pay top dollar!

Originally posted by jstrat85
    lol!!! holy shit!! ah who gives a shit when you want something that just came out you need to pay top dollar!
    u can just pretend that u never saw the new price post and be merry.

Originally posted by !!!!!NJ Drive
    in only a months time...now the need 1 for the updated 202s
    This one doesn't fit?

-Ray
    2009 Audi S5 Quattro
    2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor - W202 - SOLD
    1992 Toyota Supra Turbo - 2JZ-GTE, GT35R dbb - big project

did you give them permission...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._BIN_Stores_IT
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

Jstrat85 does this stuff really come with a glass cover
    LIV2EAT

What's up guys, yea ones again I saw the price IM like fuck that shit sucks but when I got my tail lights they were how much? Now you can get them for like $200! but ones again you want something that just came out you need to pay top dollar for it! I did give him permission to put the PIC of my car on. And, yes they are made out of glass.

i got HIDS in the normal beam spot so once i get these projectors am i goning to have to switch them? Also if i do, will the h7 hid bulb in the h1 projector spot?

jstrat85 how did you configure yours? you got hids in the projector spot?

You're the man!!!

What's up guys, yea ones again I saw the price IM like fuck that shit sucks but when I got my tail lights they were how much? Now you can get them for like $200! but ones again you want something that just came out you need to pay top dollar for it! I did give him permission to put the PIC of my car on. And, yes they are made out of glass.
    People here and I've seen your car with the new head light and thats very very
    best thing u done for the club for us all
    AT least, i want one..

OG Moderator
    jstrat: which ones did you buy?...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._BIN_Stores_IT
    OR
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCE...QQcmdZViewItem

I would think the ones that used your pic in the ad!!.. but whats the difference between them?.. other then the price?
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--