Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: W202 Euro Projector Headlights

Originally posted by stox
    Outside of toasting the headlight wiring harness, flames bursting out from under your hood, and the ECU going wonky, no side effects to speak of.
    Sorry mate, my English is not so good. Do you mean, there will be no bad side effect at all?

What do u mean by ECU going wonky? Will the ECU damage?

Do not use higher wattage bulbs it will burn wiring!
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Originally posted by jnolte
    Do not use higher wattage bulbs it will burn wiring!
    Will it only burn wiring? Will it damage the ECU?

I have ECU problem right after 1 week using 110W bulb...really sad...I dont know whether it is just coincidence...

Originally posted by ibestriker
    Will it only burn wiring? Will it damage the ECU?

I have ECU problem right after 1 week using 110W bulb...really sad...I dont know whether it is just coincidence...
    I guess the ECU could go crazy...perhaps you fried your ECU
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Originally posted by jnolte
    I guess the ECU could go crazy...perhaps you fried your ECU

arrgggh..stupid me...i fried my ECU?

so higher wattage bulb will burn wiring..how long is it gonna take to burn wiring? immediately or take some time?

just get hids.... less power consumption and waay more light. i used to have 110w bulbs too but they shorted out my wires somewhere and it was a hefty repair bill. BUT NOW i got 35w hids

btw do the projector headlamps actaully project the light like its suppose to or is it just for looks?

Originally posted by ibestriker
    Sorry mate, my English is not so good. Do you mean, there will be no bad side effect at all?

What do u mean by ECU going wonky? Will the ECU damage?
    Sorry for the sarcasm. Two things will probably happen, you'll burn wiring, connectors and relays, and the voltage will be too low to your ECU, among other things. Your electrical system is not engineered for such high wattage bulbs. Chances are your ECU will clear up once you put the regular bulbs back in. If you're lucky, you haven't burnt the wiring yet. Put the 55W bulbs back in NOW before too much damage is caused.

Originally posted by stox
    Sorry for the sarcasm. Two things will probably happen, you'll burn wiring, connectors and relays, and the voltage will be too low to your ECU, among other things. Your electrical system is not engineered for such high wattage bulbs. Chances are your ECU will clear up once you put the regular bulbs back in. If you're lucky, you haven't burnt the wiring yet. Put the 55W bulbs back in NOW before too much damage is caused.
    Thanks for your advices..my bad...I used 110W bulbs....

so question on the projector headlights... mainly for anyone that has them, would a set of "angel eyes" be able to fit to the surround of the projector???
    i think that would look pretty sick....
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

IM not that sure because ones you open the light in the back you have no accesses going to the front. I thought about this and IM like they would look good!

no offence..angel eyes are made for BMW..not benz...i love projector lights..just wish they had dual projector lights at a good price but angel eyes is just too much...
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

well like the stock ones the glass lens in the front is removable to gain access... is this not trure on these ones??
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

the angel eyes for the e36 look a bit too small. they DO sell the CCFL light tubes for other cars like the is300 and so on that might fit.

Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
    well like the stock ones the glass lens in the front is removable to gain access... is this not trure on these ones??
    these dont come apart

OG Moderator
    I finally got my projector headlight today!!.. YEAH.. pics soon.
    hey Jstrat85... how did you modify the projector side to fit xenon kit?
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

i drilled 2 hole on the bottom and one hole on the cap that you can reomve to get acceses to the bulbs and i ran my wires from there and spliced into the oem wires. and wala!

OG Moderator
    what type of bulb did you use?. did you have to modify where the bulb sits?
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--