Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: W202 Euro Projector Headlights

The ones that I bought has the 3rd city light. The other ones dont have it. I didn't use it. I just snapped it off.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by jstrat85
    The ones that I bought has the 3rd city light. The other ones dont have it. I didn't use it. I just snapped it off.
    okay.. so you bought the top ones then.. the ones with the extra pin on the headlight plug.. and the city light bulb.
    $400 to $200 is a big difference!.. what is there such a huge price difference between the top and bottom set of projectors?... they both seem to be the same light (except one has an extra bulb in it)
    would the ones at $200 be okay do you think?

I want to get a set and have projectors now!!.. then when I finish mine I can just swap them out for my custom ones.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

lol your crazy! if i would go back i would get the ones for $200 you save a shit load of money! ill bet you anything that they are the same shit! but because one person was selling them he jacked up the price! now that everybody is going to get them in the market its going to be cheap! that $200 i could have put it in for my custom interior that i want to make

Any idea how to?

A new color for the projector headlight

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCE...50455427QQrdZ1

So now how do we get the clear corner that color too?
    LIV2EAT

Re: Any idea how to?

Originally posted by IamJanuar
    A new color for the projector headlight

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCE...50455427QQrdZ1

So now how do we get the clear corner that color too?
    YEAH, that's what I'm talkin' about. I would have done that to the other one anyway. Just bake a crystal clear corner open and paint the housing.... ORRR... wait a few weeks for it to come out on ebay. =)

-Ray
    2009 Audi S5 Quattro
    2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor - W202 - SOLD
    1992 Toyota Supra Turbo - 2JZ-GTE, GT35R dbb - big project

man i ordered a pair yesterday feels like forever. I HATE WAITING. what to do to kill time......

any1 wiht an updated 202 buy these yet?...i'm going to give it a few more months to see if the duel projectors come out
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

this may be a ridiculous question, but to my knowledge, nobody has asked it yet.

can you screw around with the connecting pins in the headlight to get it so that your high beam becomes your normal light and vice versa? that seems like it would be the easiest way to get around the trouble. screw all that custom fab to get it in the right slot.

OG Moderator
    okay... I just bought a set of the titanium projector headlights!!... now I play the waiting game.. stupid waiting!!!
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Guys! I've done some pic of the Titanium
    projector headlight and wheel but dont
    know how to post pic....

As for "baking" the clear corners. Don't try it, you will warp the assemblies. The corners don't use the same type of adheasive as the headlight lenses. If you wan't to get them apart, you will need to cut the lenses off.

I already did this with one of the "ruined" clear corners I have. Most of the interior of the light is red, going to try a little less red on the next one.
    www.2phast.com
    1993 500E, Signal Rot

Originally posted by Santa The Kid
    Guys! I've done some pic of the Titanium
    projector headlight and wheel but dont
    know how to post pic....
    Help

Do use the search button in the future, dont be shy...
    LIV2EAT

anyone installed them yet? lets see those ebay plastic projector lights on our lovely w202
    2000 W202 C230K SE (Sold)
    2007 W203 C230

search the whole thread. pictures have been posted.

everyone needs to go buy these and drive down the cost of the crystal clear headlights. or sell me their old ones for cheap.

OK,....here it is.

Originally posted by IamJanuar
    Help

Do use the search button in the future, dont be shy...

How do think?...

IM not to crazy about it. i think the chrome ones look much better. do me a big favorite when you Photoshop PICS of my car can you erase my license plate so they wont show. thank you

That's not a fair representation of what they would look like anyhow. He just photoshopped them darker, which would be the equivalent of tinting the front. If I understand the description correctly, the "titanium" version would be a clear front with a black background, but the reflectors would still be reflective. In other words, it would look like the factory tC lights:

Or even the 2003 GS300 Sport Design package headlights:

-Ray
    2009 Audi S5 Quattro
    2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor - W202 - SOLD
    1992 Toyota Supra Turbo - 2JZ-GTE, GT35R dbb - big project

Originally posted by jstrat85
    IM not to crazy about it. i think the chrome ones look much better. do me a big favorite when you Photoshop PICS of my car can you erase my license plate so they wont show. thank you
    Oh,stupid me... I'm so sorry,....
    Ok...it's removed.

projector lights

at ebay, i noticed that some say that their lights will only fit into U.S. & canadian models.

* it fits on stock 94-00 Mercedes Benz W202 C-Class all models (C220/C230/C230 Kompressor/C280/C36/C43) for the United States and Canada version only

why is this so? I knew that post 96 models have different lights.. but didn't know that U.S. & canadian models were different.

I found out that some lights sold at ebay has 4 pins while some has 6. is this why u.s. spec lights would not fit into my euro model?

what would i have to check before i order a clear headlamps for my euro spec. c200?

are the colors/shine from the two diffrent ebay members with the projector chrome headlights exactly the same? as the cheaper ones seem darker or is it just the picture?

OG Moderator

Re: projector lights

Originally posted by LiMuBai
    at ebay, i noticed that some say that their lights will only fit into U.S. & canadian models.

* it fits on stock 94-00 Mercedes Benz W202 C-Class all models (C220/C230/C230 Kompressor/C280/C36/C43) for the United States and Canada version only

why is this so? I knew that post 96 models have different lights.. but didn't know that U.S. & canadian models were different.

I found out that some lights sold at ebay has 4 pins while some has 6. is this why u.s. spec lights would not fit into my euro model?

what would i have to check before i order a clear headlamps for my euro spec. c200?
    I believe that the euro spec headlights have the vacuum adjustable leveling.. (6 pin conector) and I guess the seller doesnt offer this option in the headlight.
    anyone confirm this?

they are very nice looking...

if you guy like..one of my close friends work for Ebay Motor..I can have him check out this guy account and see if anything wrong and let you guy know..
    Thi (ty) Tu
    Salt Lake City, Utah(US.A.)
    -dame is really cold here-

i'm gonna say, i don't really like the way it looks on the cars. I think it ruins the simplicity of the car by making the front all complicated and obtuse looking. I vastly prefer the crystal look. just me though.

Just some questions.

I have bought crystal headlights for W202 and fit them into my C200 year 95 car. I then replace the original yellow bulb 55W with white bulb 110W.

Will there be any side effect of using bigger power of 110W, since the original power is just 55W.

Hope to get an answer.

Thanks in advance !

Originally posted by ibestriker

Will there be any side effect of using bigger power of 110W, since the original power is just 55W.
    Outside of toasting the headlight wiring harness, flames bursting out from under your hood, and the ECU going wonky, no side effects to speak of.