Thread: To restore your OEM Injectors!

CKlasse

To restore your OEM Injectors!

I am not sure if this belong to performance or repair. Bounce this around if needed.

I tried to restore my injectors back to OEM specs without spending too much nor ship them off to Cali (shipping+turn around time at 3 days plus two overnight shipping cost).

I know profesional cleanup will require ultrasonic bath and bench test on the spray pattern angle and flow rate. The last two is something the pro has to do, but I figure if I could do the cleaning myself - why not.

For the ultrasonic shaker, I borrow a medical ultrasonic shaker/waver from a friend who works at medical lab. Dont ask what I had to do to convince him -- it's almost pathetic

Then I bought a BG 44K -Fuel Cleaner and Injectors and BG Fuel Injector Cleaner for "Pro & Tool."

I mixed them in a stainless pan, then dip the whole fuel rail. Moreover, I took the rubber seals/rings off the injectors and dip the injectors in the very same pan -- I tried to leave the plastic outlets dry.

Then...shake ...shake...shake.. for 15 minutes!

Fiola!

Today, I went to Hav Machine Shop and have them test the injectors... Here are the result...

Inj - Leak Test - Spray Pattern - Failure no. 0-8 FlowRate(ml)
    no 1 pass Good 56 ml
    no 2 pass Good 57 ml
    no 3 pass Good 56 ml
    no 4 pass Good 57 ml

Total cost is $29 in BG products.... and very satisfying outcome!

The only set back is... the Injectors' black paint is gone

where's all the pics? :bored:
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

CKlasse
    Originally posted by JRE320
    where's all the pics? :bored:
    Nothing fun to see here.... just 4 injectors being cleaned. There is no complicated How-Tos.

It's a very effective way to clean your injectors though.

I never clean my injectors that's why I wanna see some pics for me to learn on how to do it. Common mang just a couple pleaseeeeeeeee........... :Ponder: :bored:
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

CKlasse
    Originally posted by JRE320
    I never clean my injectors that's why I wanna see some pics for me to learn on how to do it. Common mang just a couple pleaseeeeeeeee........... :Ponder: :bored:
    Sorry, JRE.. I already installed them back. What do you wanna know about this? How to take them off? etc? Perhaps I could take the picture of the fuel rail and injectors as is and mark it as in a step by step ?

Yes,...yes....yes....yes...... pleaseeeeeeeee........
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

CKlasse
    No prob whatsoever... pictures and instruction coming up soon!

E55 2000
    M-3 2014