Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interior LED lighting conversion upgrade

I am guessing its a BA9S bulb but not 100% sure until i open it up, it may be a 194 style bulb. If i get one it will be one with teh most LEDs as possible. never get those single big LEDs, they aren't any good. I will post results once done.

whats up guys, i just order my light bulbs. ill take pics when they come in

Originally posted by jstrat85
    whats up guys, i just order my light bulbs. ill take pics when they come in
    jstrat: so what size bulbs fit the 220?

rear license plate bulbs ARE NOT the same as the interior domes.

Originally posted by ryhi
    rear license plate bulbs ARE NOT the same as the interior domes.
    the rear ones are 36mm
    LIV2EAT

i got the 44mms. i also want to change my license plate bulbs.

thats why i chose 39mm b/c they fit 36-44mm, all u have to do is just push the tabs in or out alittle, thats it. its pretty simple. but whatever flotas your boat. I got the rest of my bulbs coming in real soon. It should look real nice.

After driving the car a few days I reallly like the lighting and lot of people have commented on the lights and light them alot. the flood lights are especially nice at night and definitely light up the ground better at night (i know 202's dont have them but just thought i'd make a comparison). anyways i'll let you know what style bulbs they are.

whats up guys got the lights in today and i put them in and they look sick! i like it alot! 44mm fit nice but if you guys want you can also go with the 39mm. will post pics asap.

john

Please do - sounds like a quick, easy & cheap mod that could save headaches since led's last sooooo long.

Originally posted by unHookt
    Please do - sounds like a quick, easy & cheap mod that could save headaches since led's last sooooo long.
    ya, they will honestly last longer than your car so its really a one time mod. never again will one burn out

Hey guys, I ordered the wrong BAS9s (i got uni-directional instead of all directional). So i ordered a set of all directional BAS9 LEDs (which has 5LED's instead of 4 anyways). I also am changing my Front dome lights to the "LED SUPERSTARS", they are the brightest LED dome bulbs availible on the market period. They are not convetional 9LED bulbs, instead they use two super high flux LEDs and they are 44mm wide (which is what many of you may prefer anyways). They are rediculous but are a bit $$ ($7.99 ea). I will use those in the domes and put the domes in the license plate holder bulbs. I will get them in soon and hopefully have finalized pics of the interior. here are sample pics of the Superstars...

does anybody know what size for the licens plate? i think 39mm is going to fit, but 49mm does not fit! i just tryed it out!

Originally posted by jstrat85
    does anybody know what size for the licens plate? i think 39mm is going to fit, but 49mm does not fit! i just tryed it out!
    36mm
    LIV2EAT

IamJanuar thank you so much i just order them!

39mm will work perfect on them. I will move my 39mm from my domelights to my liscence plate and they should fit perfect.

well guys my bulbs (The special LEDs i reordered, 5-led BAS9s and the twin Flux LED 44mm Domes) came in today but My car is in the shop so i won't be able to install them for a few days. but the results should be good. i'll keep yall posted....

What's up guys I got my light in yesterday installed them and they look crazy! I did my license plate and my trunk light inside. the trunk light I did red LEDs and it looks crazy! Will post PICS tonight!

can't wait to see them

jstrat, my whole interior lighting is red LED haha, its so sweet, too bad it doesnt do any good when i actually need to read something
    \'95 C220 (parted out, winter DD)

\'06 G35 Coupe 6MT

19\" Axis Hiro
    Eibach Pro-kit
    Smoked tails

rollinrealbig
    Originally posted by iwhocorrupts
    jstrat, my whole interior lighting is red LED haha, its so sweet, too bad it doesnt do any good when i actually need to read something
    HaHa mine too! I got red neon under my dash and red gauges.

I did the liscence plate lights, the rest of the map lights and also the new twin high flux LED for the front dome lights. Pictures are coming soon....

UPDATE: LED lighting conversion complete, PICS!

Well guys, here are the pics. The two licence plate LEDs turned out great (39mm,9LED. You HAVE to use 39mm, cannot use 44mm b/c they just won't fit, OEM one is a 36mm so 39mm is already a stretch as is). I had to modify the pictures for obvious reasons but just imagine the a fade to the center with the center of the plate being slightly darker than the edges. The LED's are perfectly designed for liscence plate lighting b/c it directs all 100% of the light faces downward (you have to aim them downwards obviously). There are no reflectors on the liscence plate . The interior lighting turned out great. The Map lights turned out pretty good but you have to aim those as well (one of the 5 LED's has to aim outward). On the Dome lights I took pictures of the TWO DIFFERENT dome LEDs. The passgenger side (right dome) has the same 39mm 9 LED bulb. The drivers side (left dome) has the new design twin high-flux led lights which are 44mm. You can tell in the pictures the twin-flux design are the best, but what you can't really tell from the pictures is how much brighter they are. If i had to guess i would say they are roughly almost 50% brighter than the conventional 9LED deslign and they also disperse the light better as well (wider range than coventional LEDs). They are definitely worth the extra $1 price difference (from festoon bulbs). I will be ordering one more for the passenger side. The map lights don't really light that much honestly but I just wanted to have EVERYTHING matching.

The overall conversion was a huge sucess and I am VERY happy with the results. Here is the final tally (for W140 of course, W202 is alittle different and has fewer bulbs)....

• (7) 39mm ,9LED bulbs = $49 ($7 each)
    • (2) High flux 44MM LED Dome bulbs = $16 ($8 each)
    • (4) BA9S 5-LED Map lights = $28 ($7 each)
    • Grand Total = $93 (before shipping)

Thanks guys, and I hope this information prove useful to all of you who want to upgrade your interior lighting. Enjoy!

Hey guys,

Just a sneek peak of whats to come, next project is Instrument Cluster LED conversion

where is your basslink installed? in the cabin??